HBlink and DMRlink in "production"

JJ Cummings

This is incorrect, there is infact no such thing.  As I had said earlier you want the HB_Bridge branch of HBlink.

Sent from the iRoad

On Dec 12, 2017, at 16:30, Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:

You will want HBBidge and not hblink.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 12, 2017, at 6:28 PM, stevecast2024@... wrote:

Sounds good.. so I will be running hblink to connect to the MMDVM Repeater connect hblink to ipscbridge which in turn connects to the XPR.

On another note... is there any PTT, or console type capabilities with any of these platforms?

Steve N4IRS

Nicola,
I have to admit I have never tried to run HBlink under Windows. It may work but I'll let someone else comment.
You can run it on a Pi. I don't see a reason you could not run it on one of the Pi-Star machines.

I have not been very good at working on the Wiki, so the documentation is limited. Here are the basics:
Download dmr_utils at <https://github.com/n0mjs710/dmr_utils>
Run the install.sh
Download HBlink at <https://github.com/n0mjs710/HBlink>
Rename hblink-SAMPLE.cfg to hblink.cfg
Disable Repeater-1 in hblink.cfg
Set the port and password for Master-1
Point your MMDVMHosts at the IP address of the machine running HBlink
Start HBlink with "python hblinkpy"
Start you MMDVMHosts and make sure they are logging in.
Stop HBlink with a control C
Start hb_bridge_all with "hb_bridge_all.py"
Your MMDVMHosts should be able to communicate with each other.

Stop hb_bridge_all with a control C

Read the hblink.cfg. You will find most everything you need to know in the configuration.
Do not be afraid to experiment.

I'm sure I missed something or made a typo. If you get a error message, stop read the message. Even if you don't completely understand the error, you should be able to pick out enough info.
Ask questions.

73, Steve N4IRS 

On 12/12/2017 08:08 PM, Nicola IT9FXF via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi Steve, yes  we have old analogics repeaters working with MMDVM. At the moment we are using Pi Star image. I need just HBlink in a server ? Not have a wiki about configuration ?
Can compilate only for linux or work also with windows?
Thank you in advance

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

Look at the stm32 from Repeater-builder.  That is my favorite by far!

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 12, 2017, at 7:33 PM, stevecast2024@... wrote:

Thanks Steve. Looks simple enough. I'll have to look in to the console app. Now if I can just get a response on the purchase of an MMDVM.

Michael KD5DFB

Thank you! 

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 5:23 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
HBlink is only for the MMDVM DMR protocol only. As of now, there is no simple way to connect 2 MMDVM P25 repeaters.

73, Steve N4IRS

stevecast2024@...

Thanks Steve. Looks simple enough. I'll have to look in to the console app. Now if I can just get a response on the purchase of an MMDVM.

Steve N4IRS

Your configuration will look like this:

MMDVM <---> HB_Bridge <---> IPSC_Bridge <---> XPR Repeater

There is a console application built with Analog_Bridge that could be used to with this.

Steve

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

You will want HBBidge and not hblink.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 12, 2017, at 6:28 PM, stevecast2024@... wrote:

Sounds good.. so I will be running hblink to connect to the MMDVM Repeater connect hblink to ipscbridge which in turn connects to the XPR.

On another note... is there any PTT, or console type capabilities with any of these platforms?

stevecast2024@...

Steve N4IRS

HBlink is only for the MMDVM DMR protocol only. As of now, there is no simple way to connect 2 MMDVM P25 repeaters.

73, Steve N4IRS

JJ Cummings

Steve - you will need to run the IPSC_Bridge and HB_Bridge branches of the respective DMRLink and HBLink repositories to do this.  If you understand how to start/stop python scripts and read through the configuration it's fairly straightforward.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 3:21 PM, <stevecast2024@...> wrote:
I am also trying to do something similar to Nicola. I would like to link one MMDVM Repeater with one XPR8300 repeater. I believe this should be fairly simple to do. I have not started to dive in to the software yet as I am still trying to get an MMDVM. I have not had much luck getting a reply on purchasing one.

Are there any guides out for this? I am very comfortable with networking. I have read pretty much all of the readme files. Just looking for the starting place.

Steve

stevecast2024@...

I am also trying to do something similar to Nicola. I would like to link one MMDVM Repeater with one XPR8300 repeater. I believe this should be fairly simple to do. I have not started to dive in to the software yet as I am still trying to get an MMDVM. I have not had much luck getting a reply on purchasing one.

Are there any guides out for this? I am very comfortable with networking. I have read pretty much all of the readme files. Just looking for the starting place.

Steve

Michael KD5DFB

​Will HBlink work to link 2 P25 mmdvm repeaters or just dmr?

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
The short answer is, yes you can. If all you are trying to do is link 3 MMDVM repeaters together, it's quite easy. Is that all you are trying to do?

73, Steve N4IRS

Steve N4IRS

The short answer is, yes you can. If all you are trying to do is link 3 MMDVM repeaters together, it's quite easy. Is that all you are trying to do?

73, Steve N4IRS

Nico Nico <onetechct@...>

Hi, I m very new with DMR, I want connect 3 x MMDVM repeaters, can I use HBlink ? I have intranet with ptp 5 ghz.
I would to like to learn more ) 
Thank you in advanced

Here is my setup .

MMDVM Repeater

|

| (MMDVM)

AST  --  Analog_Bridge ---  HB_Bridge –(TOHB)--- HB_confbridge—(TOBM)---  BM server

/opt/HBlink/                      /opt/HBlink2/

My HB_confbridge has 2 rules , TG9TS2  links MMDVM and AST

TG3027TS1   links MMDVM and BM

Communication is reliable   everywhere ….

Wanted to  use  private call 9990  for Parrot  from  BM . HB-confbridge does not seem to pass private call….

So I  will try using  HBparrot on  HB_confbridge  9991 on group call for the users  to have Parrot available..

Richard VE2DJE

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

Peter…

Nice sounding system….. I did make the mistake of doing a *73…..Allison is still talking back to me J

From: DVSwitch@groups.io [mailto:DVSwitch@groups.io] On Behalf Of G7RPG - Peter Kendall
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 9:21 AM
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] HBlink and DMRlink in "production"

Steve & the Group

I have HBlink-HB_Bridge and Analog_Bridge in production to link  ASL node 45587 to BM TG23526 (Ref 4426).

I'm running all the DVSwitch services on an X86 atom, all my ASL nodes are running on RPi

The main hub (41522) normally has between 50 - 70 ASL nodes connected, the addition of the DMR link has proved very popular. 

Peter
G7RPG

On 01/07/2017 21:09, Steve N4IRS wrote:

If you are running any of the code in production, please post a description here. That would be DMRlink, HBlink, Analog_Bridge, HB_Bridge or IPSC_Bridge.

I have been running DMRlink Conference Bridge to connect my 3 Motorola repeaters to DMR-MARC, BM and DCI. It has been running day in and day out for quite some time.  This gives me great control of what TGs are available and keeping unneeded traffic off a repeater if no one is using it. That way 2 different repeaters can be using different TGs on the same TS. Works great.

Today I added HB_Bridge and IPSC_Bridge to the mix. I have 1 MMDVM based repeater that was directly connected to BM. Now with HB_Bridge and IPSC_Bridge, it is now part of the network. This means that Local (TS2 / TG2) on the MMDVM repeater is connected to Local on the Motorola repeaters. I did block DMR-MARC from the MMDVM repeater (for now) Next is to give the locals a place to connect their hot spots. 

Steve N4IRS

G7RPG - Peter Kendall

Steve & the Group

I have HBlink-HB_Bridge and Analog_Bridge in production to link  ASL node 45587 to BM TG23526 (Ref 4426).

I'm running all the DVSwitch services on an X86 atom, all my ASL nodes are running on RPi

The main hub (41522) normally has between 50 - 70 ASL nodes connected, the addition of the DMR link has proved very popular. 

Peter
G7RPG

On 01/07/2017 21:09, Steve N4IRS wrote:
If you are running any of the code in production, please post a description here. That would be DMRlink, HBlink, Analog_Bridge, HB_Bridge or IPSC_Bridge.

I have been running DMRlink Conference Bridge to connect my 3 Motorola repeaters to DMR-MARC, BM and DCI. It has been running day in and day out for quite some time.  This gives me great control of what TGs are available and keeping unneeded traffic off a repeater if no one is using it. That way 2 different repeaters can be using different TGs on the same TS. Works great.

Today I added HB_Bridge and IPSC_Bridge to the mix. I have 1 MMDVM based repeater that was directly connected to BM. Now with HB_Bridge and IPSC_Bridge, it is now part of the network. This means that Local (TS2 / TG2) on the MMDVM repeater is connected to Local on the Motorola repeaters. I did block DMR-MARC from the MMDVM repeater (for now) Next is to give the locals a place to connect their hot spots. 

Steve N4IRS

David Andrzejewski KD8TWG

I just started playing with it. Currently I am using confbridge to create a “shim” between us and the K4USD cBridge. This gives me a little more control over what talk groups go where and how they are accessed. 

Steve N4IRS

Steve N4IRS