HBLink Parrot Settings


Kim-Benjamin Lütkemeier
 

Hello,
I have one Question. How i can configurate a HBLink master with Parrot in TG9990

I start hb_parrot.py and he repeat everythink.

Normal I have the Master on hblink.cfg on this master my frinds are connected with DVMega or openspot. its working without problem.
Now i will activate the Parrot in this network. When he made a group call to 9990 the Parrot will repeat. On all other groups he do nothing.

But I dont understand how i can made it.

Anyone can help me?

73,
Do1KBL


Kim-Benjamin Lütkemeier
 

I test today but I have no funktion

I Create one Master (Globale Master) here are connecting the MMDVM Hotspots Port 54000 (Start hblink.py)
Than I Create a snd Master (Parrot Master) with the port 54004 (start: hb_parrot.py)

On the first globale Master hblink.cfg I have two client

client-1 connect to the Gloable Master
client-2 connect to the Parrot Master

on the hb_confbridge_rules i write:

BRIDGES = {
    'HBlink': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'client-1',       'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'client-2',       'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ]
}

I start the hb_confbridge.py he write me over one million he need 1.5 seconds an thats all.

But no communication between Globale Master and Parrot Master :-(



Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
 

I think you bay be confused about how the pieces work.

If you’re running confbridge.py and hb_parrot.py, there is no need to run hblink.py on it’s own. 

On Mar 17, 2018, at 1:45 PM, kbluetkemeier via Groups.Io <kbluetkemeier@...> wrote:

I test today but I have no funktion

I Create one Master (Globale Master) here are connecting the MMDVM Hotspots Port 54000 (Start hblink.py)
Than I Create a snd Master (Parrot Master) with the port 54004 (start: hb_parrot.py)

On the first globale Master hblink.cfg I have two client

client-1 connect to the Gloable Master
client-2 connect to the Parrot Master

on the hb_confbridge_rules i write:

BRIDGES = {
    'HBlink': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'client-1',       'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'client-2',       'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ]
}

I start the hb_confbridge.py he write me over one million he need 1.5 seconds an thats all.

But no communication between Globale Master and Parrot Master :-(



--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206






Kim-Benjamin Lütkemeier
 
Edited

Today I try it, but its killed :-(


root@Pi:~/HBlink# ./hb_confbridge.py
DEBUG 2018-03-18 18:58:50,896 Logging system started, anything from here on gets logged
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,897 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'peer_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,898 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'subscriber_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,899 ID ALIAS MAPPER: peer_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,781 ID ALIAS MAPPER: subscriber_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,784 ID ALIAS MAPPER: talkgroup_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,786 Routing bridges file found and bridges imported
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,787 ACL file found, importing entries. This will take about 1.5 seconds per 1 million IDs
Killed


maybe you can write step by step ?
How i activate the Parrot in the cofig? I find only the way to start the hb_parrot.py but when I defined two Master on the hblink.cfg and I start the confbridge.py or hblink.py he say the ports a used (its correct!)

thank you
Do1KBL, Kim


Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
 

Maybe you could send your configuration files and I could check them.


On Mar 18, 2018, at 12:56 PM, kbluetkemeier via Groups.Io <kbluetkemeier@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Today I try it, but its killed :-(


root@Pi:~/HBlink# ./hb_confbridge.py
DEBUG 2018-03-18 18:58:50,896 Logging system started, anything from here on gets logged
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,897 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'peer_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,898 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'subscriber_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,899 ID ALIAS MAPPER: peer_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,781 ID ALIAS MAPPER: subscriber_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,784 ID ALIAS MAPPER: talkgroup_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,786 Routing bridges file found and bridges imported
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,787 ACL file found, importing entries. This will take about 1.5 seconds per 1 million IDs
Killed


maybe you can write step by step ?
How i activate the Parrot in the cofig? I find only the way to start the hb_parrot.py but when I defined two Master on the hblink.cfg and I start the confbridge.py or hblink.py he say the ports a used (its correct!)

thank you
Do1KBL, Kim


Peter M0NWI
 

Cort, I remember you telling me off for calling the echo function the parrot :)

________________________________________
From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@me.com>
Sent: 18 March 2018 18:30:38
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] HBLink Parrot Settings

Maybe you could send your configuration files and I could check them.


On Mar 18, 2018, at 12:56 PM, kbluetkemeier via Groups.Io <kbluetkemeier=yahoo.de@groups.io<mailto:kbluetkemeier=yahoo.de@groups.io>> wrote:


[Edited Message Follows]

Today I try it, but its killed :-(


root@Pi:~/HBlink# ./hb_confbridge.py
DEBUG 2018-03-18 18:58:50,896 Logging system started, anything from here on gets logged
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,897 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'peer_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,898 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'subscriber_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,899 ID ALIAS MAPPER: peer_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,781 ID ALIAS MAPPER: subscriber_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,784 ID ALIAS MAPPER: talkgroup_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,786 Routing bridges file found and bridges imported
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,787 ACL file found, importing entries. This will take about 1.5 seconds per 1 million IDs
Killed


maybe you can write step by step ?
How i activate the Parrot in the cofig? I find only the way to start the hb_parrot.py but when I defined two Master on the hblink.cfg and I start the confbridge.py or hblink.py he say the ports a used (its correct!)

thank you
Do1KBL, Kim


Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
 

Yep, I absolutely hat the name. Doesn’t matter. Everyone is going to call it parrot. I’ve had to accept I cannot stop that.

On Mar 18, 2018, at 1:41 PM, Peter M0NWI <peter-martin@outlook.com> wrote:

Cort, I remember you telling me off for calling the echo function the parrot :)

________________________________________
From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@me.com>
Sent: 18 March 2018 18:30:38
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] HBLink Parrot Settings

Maybe you could send your configuration files and I could check them.


On Mar 18, 2018, at 12:56 PM, kbluetkemeier via Groups.Io <kbluetkemeier=yahoo.de@groups.io<mailto:kbluetkemeier=yahoo.de@groups.io>> wrote:


[Edited Message Follows]

Today I try it, but its killed :-(


root@Pi:~/HBlink# ./hb_confbridge.py
DEBUG 2018-03-18 18:58:50,896 Logging system started, anything from here on gets logged
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,897 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'peer_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,898 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'subscriber_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,899 ID ALIAS MAPPER: peer_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,781 ID ALIAS MAPPER: subscriber_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,784 ID ALIAS MAPPER: talkgroup_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,786 Routing bridges file found and bridges imported
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,787 ACL file found, importing entries. This will take about 1.5 seconds per 1 million IDs
Killed


maybe you can write step by step ?
How i activate the Parrot in the cofig? I find only the way to start the hb_parrot.py but when I defined two Master on the hblink.cfg and I start the confbridge.py or hblink.py he say the ports a used (its correct!)

thank you
Do1KBL, Kim



--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206


Steve N4IRS
 

Polly want a echo?

On 03/18/2018 03:49 PM, Cort N0MJS wrote:
Yep, I absolutely hat the name. Doesn’t matter. Everyone is going to call it parrot. I’ve had to accept I cannot stop that.

On Mar 18, 2018, at 1:41 PM, Peter M0NWI <peter-martin@outlook.com> wrote:

Cort, I remember you telling me off for calling the echo function the parrot :)

________________________________________
From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@me.com>
Sent: 18 March 2018 18:30:38
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] HBLink Parrot Settings

Maybe you could send your configuration files and I could check them.


On Mar 18, 2018, at 12:56 PM, kbluetkemeier via Groups.Io <kbluetkemeier=yahoo.de@groups.io<mailto:kbluetkemeier=yahoo.de@groups.io>> wrote:


[Edited Message Follows]

Today I try it, but its killed :-(


root@Pi:~/HBlink# ./hb_confbridge.py
DEBUG 2018-03-18 18:58:50,896 Logging system started, anything from here on gets logged
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,897 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'peer_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,898 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'subscriber_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,899 ID ALIAS MAPPER: peer_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,781 ID ALIAS MAPPER: subscriber_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,784 ID ALIAS MAPPER: talkgroup_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,786 Routing bridges file found and bridges imported
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,787 ACL file found, importing entries. This will take about 1.5 seconds per 1 million IDs
Killed


maybe you can write step by step ?
How i activate the Parrot in the cofig? I find only the way to start the hb_parrot.py but when I defined two Master on the hblink.cfg and I start the confbridge.py or hblink.py he say the ports a used (its correct!)

thank you
Do1KBL, Kim



--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206







Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
 

You’re running two copies of hblink.py:

hb_confbridge.py will call hblink.py underneath it (as a module)
hb_parrot.py will call hblink.py underneath it (as a module)

These are the two programs you should be starting. Nothing else, just hb_confbridge.py and hb_parrot.py

Both of those, as I pointed out in the beginning will instantiate their own copies of hblink.py. You’ll either need duplicate copies of the hblink directory for this, or make sure and call one copy with an alternate configuration file – which id looks like you’re doing with hblink_parrot.cfg – so I assume that hblink.cfg (default name) is what you’re letting hb_confbridge.py get called with.

So, on two the config files. When I read your hblink.cfg file I find:

3 separate HB systems are created:

Global-Master, which is a “master”, listening on all IP interfaces, UDP port 54000
Global-Client, which is a “client” (mimics a repeater), using the loopback interface, UDP port 54021, connecting to a master on same machine, loopback interface, master is on port 54000
Parrot-Client, which is a “client” (mimics a repeater), using the loopback interface, UDP port 54018, connecting to a master on same machine, loopback interface, master is on port 54004

Let’s move on to hblink_parrot.cfg:

I see one HB system created:

Papagei-Master, which is a “master”, listening on all IP interfaces, UDP Port 54004


And I see hb_confbridge_rules.py that connect both clients to each other:

BRIDGES = {
    'hblink': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'Global-Client', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'Parrot-Client', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ]
}


*********************************************

First off, Global Client is completely unnecessary

You only need [Global-Master] and [Parrot-Client] for hb_confbridge.py

Then connect them together with hb_confbridge_py as such:

BRIDGES = {
    'hblink': [
            {'SYSTEM': ‘Global-Master', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'Parrot-Client', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ]
}

I do not know why you’re getting port already in use – clearly someone else is already binding to a port used. I’d check your system to see what process has bound itself to that port.


















On Mar 18, 2018, at 12:56 PM, kbluetkemeier via Groups.Io <kbluetkemeier@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Today I try it, but its killed :-(


root@Pi:~/HBlink# ./hb_confbridge.py
DEBUG 2018-03-18 18:58:50,896 Logging system started, anything from here on gets logged
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,897 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'peer_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,898 ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'subscriber_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:50,899 ID ALIAS MAPPER: peer_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,781 ID ALIAS MAPPER: subscriber_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,784 ID ALIAS MAPPER: talkgroup_ids dictionary is available
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,786 Routing bridges file found and bridges imported
INFO 2018-03-18 18:58:51,787 ACL file found, importing entries. This will take about 1.5 seconds per 1 million IDs
Killed


maybe you can write step by step ?
How i activate the Parrot in the cofig? I find only the way to start the hb_parrot.py but when I defined two Master on the hblink.cfg and I start the confbridge.py or hblink.py he say the ports a used (its correct!)

thank you
Do1KBL, Kim

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206






Kim-Benjamin Lütkemeier
 

Okay,
I will try it today in give u a feedback its working or not :-)


Kim-Benjamin Lütkemeier
 

Its working fine! Thanks for the informations :-)


EA5GVK Joaquin
 

can you send me the configuration files so that the master works in slot 2 tg 9990?
thank you very much.