#hblink rules.py for parrot #hblink

Patrick Johnson

I would like to get multiple hotspots to be able to use Parrot, but can't seem to figure it out. I can get one at a time working with these rules

'PARROT': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'HOTSPOT01',     'TS': 2, 'TGID':9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [9999], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'PARROT',     'TS': 2, 'TGID':9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [9999], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},

],

Not sure how I would add HOTSPOT02?

W Paul Mills AC0HY

Just add another SYSTEM line for each in the PARROT bridge.

I have repeater(s) on one, duplex hotspots on another, and simplex hotspots on another. Like this:

'AC0HY-P1': [
            {'SYSTEM':  'PARROT-1',      'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9998, 'ACTIVE': True , 'TIMEOUT':  1, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM':  'AC0HY/R-1',     'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9,    'ACTIVE': False, 'TIMEOUT':  1, 'TO_TYPE': 'ON'  , 'ON': [9998,], 'OFF': [2,8], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM':  'DUPLEX-3',      'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9,    'ACTIVE': False, 'TIMEOUT':  1, 'TO_TYPE': 'ON'  , 'ON': [9998,], 'OFF': [2,8], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM':  'SIMPLEX-2',     'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9,    'ACTIVE': False, 'TIMEOUT':  1, 'TO_TYPE': 'ON'  , 'ON': [9998,], 'OFF': [2,8,3120], 'RESET': []},
        ],

On 2/23/22 08:03, Patrick Johnson via groups.io wrote:
I would like to get multiple hotspots to be able to use Parrot, but can't seem to figure it out. I can get one at a time working with these rules

{'SYSTEM': 'HOTSPOT01',     'TS': 2, 'TGID':9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [9999], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'PARROT',     'TS': 2, 'TGID':9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [9999], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},

],

Not sure how I would add HOTSPOT02?

-- 
/**************************************************
* Amateur Radio Station AC0HY                     *
* W. Paul Mills         SN807                     *
* Assistant EC Alpha-1 ARES Shawnee/Wabaunsee, KS *
* President Kaw Valley Amateur Radio Club         *
**************************************************/

Patrick Johnson

Would I change the TGID to 9 on the other systems and leave the PARROT on 9999? And do I use 9 or 9999 on the radios?

W Paul Mills AC0HY

When done as my example, it does reroute to TGID 9 for given time period (1 minute). Not that you have to do it that way. hblink is very flexible. You can keep all on 9999 if that is how you wish to do it. Just keep in mind that you need one bridge for each talk group that you wish to use. Include all systems you want in each. Something like this should work for you (if I understand what you are trying to do):

{'SYSTEM': 'HOTSPOT02',     'TS': 2, 'TGID':9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [9999], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},
            ],

In my system, I have 1 repeater (at present), and multiple hotspots connecting to two ports, one for simplex and one for duplex hotspots. TG 3120 connects full time on TS 2 for repeaters and for duplex hotspots. In most cases other talk groups are routed for limited times (usually 30 minutes) to TG 9 on TS 1. For information on how this works, see the video at <http://ks-dmr.net/how-to-use-linkable-talkgroups/>.

On 2/24/22 08:50, Patrick Johnson via groups.io wrote:
Would I change the TGID to 9 on the other systems and leave the PARROT on 9999? And do I use 9 or 9999 on the radios?

-- 
/**************************************************
* Amateur Radio Station AC0HY                     *
* W. Paul Mills         SN807                     *
* Assistant EC Alpha-1 ARES Shawnee/Wabaunsee, KS *
* President Kaw Valley Amateur Radio Club         *
**************************************************/

Patrick Johnson

That worked thank you!