How cleanly stop bride.py


Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...>
 

I recently directly connected my repeaters to Brandmeister. As far as I can tell I no longer need to use the bridge function of dmrlink. I found out setting the connections to false in dmrlink.cfg causes bridge to not run by crashing. 

What would be the best suggested way to stop the bridge from running?

I am still using ambe_audio for my dmr-analog gateway which appears fine.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com


Steve N4IRS
 

Setup dmrlink.cfg to connect to BM
run ambe_audio.py instead of bridge.

The version of dmrlink and ambe_audio you are running does work for the most part. We did find some MAJOR problems in how ASL communicated loss of COS to DMRGateway. This is fixed in what is now called Audio_Bridge and IPSC_Bridge.
I hope to release Audio_Bridge to testing next week. With Audio_Bridge and IPSC_Bridge connected to BM, you will use the same SmartPTT connection. With Analog_Audio and HB_Bridge, it looks to BM like a MMDVM repeater, so not admin intervention required.

Take a look at the Wiki for more info. I still have a LOT of work to do on the Wiki!

Steve

On 6/16/2017 3:10 PM, Bob N1XBM wrote:
I recently directly connected my repeaters to Brandmeister. As far as I can tell I no longer need to use the bridge function of dmrlink. I found out setting the connections to false in dmrlink.cfg causes bridge to not run by crashing. 

What would be the best suggested way to stop the bridge from running?

I am still using ambe_audio for my dmr-analog gateway which appears fine.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com


Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...>
 

Steve,

I've been under the radar with other parts of life. I've heard about the new software and I should upgrade when it's ready.

Probably so I don't break my little network is I should build one up at home first and get it working. 

I suppose I should stay tuned here for the release announcement.

Thanks

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com


Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>
 

Bob,

You
Could always just create another directory structure when you test the new software and shutoff the other.  That way the old software and configs are there and ready to run if you ever needed to go back to them for any reason. 

Corey N3FE

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 16, 2017, at 3:28 PM, Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...> wrote:

Steve,

I've been under the radar with other parts of life. I've heard about the new software and I should upgrade when it's ready.

Probably so I don't break my little network is I should build one up at home first and get it working. 

I suppose I should stay tuned here for the release announcement.

Thanks

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com


Peter M0NWI
 


That's the way I did it, I build the new structure under /opt/dmrnew, stopped the version running under /opt/dmrlink, and brought up the bridge under the new one.

Lets you swap back straight away if needed.

73,
Peter



Sent from Outlook
From: DVSwitch@groups.io <DVSwitch@groups.io> on behalf of Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>
Sent: 16 June 2017 21:08:03
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] How cleanly stop bride.py
 
Bob,

You
Could always just create another directory structure when you test the new software and shutoff the other.  That way the old software and configs are there and ready to run if you ever needed to go back to them for any reason. 

Corey N3FE

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 16, 2017, at 3:28 PM, Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...> wrote:

Steve,

I've been under the radar with other parts of life. I've heard about the new software and I should upgrade when it's ready.

Probably so I don't break my little network is I should build one up at home first and get it working. 

I suppose I should stay tuned here for the release announcement.

Thanks

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com


Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
 

Question:

A question here to start with – because I need to know. Is it actually “crashing”, or does it simply not start up because there’s a mismatch between the systems configured in bridge rules and active systems in the main configuration? It should not ever “crash”, but there are a number of scenarios where it might decline to start and exit cleanly.

Advice:

Don’t use bridge.py. If you’re doing IPSC call routing, look into confbrige.py. It’s a hell of a lot simpler to use and does the job 99% of folks want to do. confbridge.py will continue with active development – including web-based dashboard, etc., whereas bridge.py will probably die a slow death of not getting updated or expanded upon.


On Jun 16, 2017, at 2:10 PM, Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...> wrote:

I recently directly connected my repeaters to Brandmeister. As far as I can tell I no longer need to use the bridge function of dmrlink. I found out setting the connections to false in dmrlink.cfg causes bridge to not run by crashing. 

What would be the best suggested way to stop the bridge from running?

I am still using ambe_audio for my dmr-analog gateway which appears fine.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206






Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...>
 

Cort,

I'm not a software guy so crash is probably not right. It said something to the effect of not being happy about me setting things to false in dmrlink.cfg and not agreeing with bridge_rules.py.

Either way this thread is telling me that one way or another I'll be updating software.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com


Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...>
 

Steve,

From reading your post, I need Analog_Audio and HB_Bridge. I like this idea because I can control it from my dashboard on BM. 

When the software becomes available is your github the place too look? Is this also the place to look for all software offerings?


N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com

On Jun 16, 2017 3:20 PM, "Steve N4IRS" <szingman@...> wrote:
Setup dmrlink.cfg to connect to BM
run ambe_audio.py instead of bridge.

The version of dmrlink and ambe_audio you are running does work for the most part. We did find some MAJOR problems in how ASL communicated loss of COS to DMRGateway. This is fixed in what is now called Audio_Bridge and IPSC_Bridge.
I hope to release Audio_Bridge to testing next week. With Audio_Bridge and IPSC_Bridge connected to BM, you will use the same SmartPTT connection. With Analog_Audio and HB_Bridge, it looks to BM like a MMDVM repeater, so not admin intervention required.

Take a look at the Wiki for more info. I still have a LOT of work to do on the Wiki!

Steve

On 6/16/2017 3:10 PM, Bob N1XBM wrote:
I recently directly connected my repeaters to Brandmeister. As far as I can tell I no longer need to use the bridge function of dmrlink. I found out setting the connections to false in dmrlink.cfg causes bridge to not run by crashing. 

What would be the best suggested way to stop the bridge from running?

I am still using ambe_audio for my dmr-analog gateway which appears fine.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com


Steve N4IRS
 

Robert,
The software is available now. Analog_Bridge is at https://github.com/N4IRS/Analog_Bridge and HB_Bridge is in a branch of HBlink at <https://github.com/n0mjs710/HBlink/tree/HB_Bridge>

Steve


Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...>
 

Thanks Steve,

I think I'll try like Corey suggested and do something like /opt/dmrlinknew while I get things built and then I can temporarily shut down my existing software to test the new stuff so I'm not off air long.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com