How to Block P25 Users

KO4UYJ Caleb

Morning, I was wondering how to block node from a p25 bridge.

Steve N4IRS

As of today, no you can not block a node on DVSwitch Server.
When you say node, do you mean a AllStar node?
Please tell me what you are trying to accomplish.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 5/5/22 11:30, ko4uyj@... wrote:
Morning, I was wondering how to block node from a p25 bridge.

Skyler Fennell

You will need to look at the log file, find the IP address that the user is coming from and then use iptables to block the IP, and CONNTRAC to stop the current session (iptables does not seem to apply to current UDP sessions and will not kill a current connection until the user disconnects and reconnects so you need to use conntrac -d to delete the session )

On 5/5/22 11:30, ko4uyj@... wrote:
Morning, I was wondering how to block node from a p25 bridge.

Steve N4IRS

Does P25Gateway log the IP of the transmitting station? I know this could be done at the reflector.

On 5/5/22 11:30, ko4uyj@... wrote:
Morning, I was wondering how to block node from a p25 bridge.

Skyler Fennell

I aplogize, I did not read and was thinking you were talking about P25 Reflector.

On 5/5/22 11:30, ko4uyj@... wrote:
Morning, I was wondering how to block node from a p25 bridge.

KO4UYJ Caleb

Meaning a P25 user.