locked How to permanently replace the file subscriber_ids.csv

IK7VXC Mike

Hi,
I have a customized subscriber_ids.csv file that I use to overwrite the original one. The trick works, but, sometime later my file is overwritten back with the original one. Is there a way to make the change permanent?
Thanks

Mike IK7VXC

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman

You could make the file immutable (premanently fixed) but if the subscriber_ids.csv gets updated by DVSwitch the update will fail as immutable files canot be changed.

Example is my cloud server when updated changed my resolvers (DNS resolvers) to whjat THEY wanted, not what I had set. Making the resolver.conf file immutable protects my changes.

So how to do this:    chmod +i  subscriber_ids.csv  (the letter is a small (eye) )

and if you want to make your own changes you have to remove the immutable flag with:  chmod -i subscriber_ids.csv

the examples are if you are in the same directory as the file if you are not, the a fill path to the file is needed -- e.g. chmod +i /etc/resolver.conf

hope this helps.

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Or you do the easy thing: change the file name/path in the ini file to your own custom named csv file.

IK7VXC Mike

Thank you guys.
Kevin I had to go with Mike's recommendation because when I issued the chmod command I got chmod: invalid mode: ‘+i’

Mike IK7VXC

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman

Edited

Sorry guys, I made a boo boo.  Its not chmod (this changes file permissions)  With the error you got, I went looking and found I'm 'toopid' :-)

The command you really want is chattr +i {filename (or full path to filename)}

chattr is change attribute which is what you really wanted. I knew the +i worked --it does if you use the right command.

with the i flag use sudo chattr +i  or -i as only super users can unset the i

My apologies.