How to run two DVSwitches?

W8DSB

I think I need to add another DVSwitch to add YSF to this network diagram, how does one do that?  Do I need a second MMDVM folder and run two services? Is there a better way?

Mike KB8JNM

I believe what you need to do is dependent on how you intend to use the YSF.

If it is a static dvs shared connection, I think you only need to add it to mmdvm

otherwise, you will likely need to run a new instance on separate ports.

So, perhaps tell us how you intend to use it and someone will chime in with a better answer.

On 3/27/2022 11:04 PM, W8DSB wrote:
I think I need to add another DVSwitch to add YSF to this network diagram, how does one do that?  Do I need a second MMDVM folder and run two services? Is there a better way?

W8DSB

Hi Mike, when I do something like below: YSF to DMR the system works ok.

My issue is when I try to add the same YSF to the network where DMR is already talking with ASL the ports become locked and I cannot start YSF if DMR and ASL are both already running. I think from reading other post that I need two DMR's running one on 31100 / 31003 to be shared with ASLand one on a different set of ports to be share with YSF. My question is how do I get two sets of DVSwitches to start using one MMDVM_Bridge?

You need a separate MMDVM_Bridge folder. Use different Ports in DVSwitch.ini and MMDVM_Bridge.ini.

W8DSB

Hi Ernie, thanks for the comments. I was able to use what you said and create two different running services. I was then able to bridge one with ASL and the other with YSF creating a very nice sounding network.

KC5MOL Javier

 Finally got it all working.

Appreciate all you help Darrell.