I have missed some major step on install

Chris WB4ULK

Hi,
I am trying to get DVSwitch installed on my Debian virtual Server.

I have The ISO from ASL installed and it is working fine.

I followed the instructions from here
https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/topic/updated_dvswitch_repository/18971786?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,18971786

and installed the repository. Everything looked as though it installed correctly.
However, when I go look in the OPT folder I can’t find any .ini files.

I have searched high and low through all my directories.

Is there another step to install after the instructions I followed on the above mentioned link?

I have searched the threads for this info, but am afraid I am to ignorant to know WHAT to search for.

Thanks,
Chris
WB4ULK

Steve N4IRS

Chris,
Once you installed the repository, what application did you install? "apt-get install dvswitch" ?

Steve

On 6/1/2018 9:54 AM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

I didn't "Install" anything other than the repository. HAHA, that might explain things.
I am a wee bit ignorant in Linux.

So when I followed the instructions in that quoted post, it just installed the repository?

Then I need to "apt-get install dvswitch" ?

Am I tracking?

Thanks for the quick response by the way.

Chris

Steve N4IRS

Yes, You installed the repository. As root (or sudo -s) apt-get install dvswitch

On 6/1/2018 10:07 AM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:
I didn't "Install" anything other than the repository. HAHA, that might explain things.
I am a wee bit ignorant in Linux.

So when I followed the instructions in that quoted post, it just installed the repository?

Then I need to "apt-get install dvswitch" ?

Am I tracking?

Thanks for the quick response by the way.

Chris

Chris WB4ULK

Thank you very much!

Haha, while I was going back and forth with you, I found a step by step by a guy that is doing exactly what I want to do. I am going to parse through his stuff and see if I can get it finished up.

His link is here: https://kv4s.com/2018/05/23/hosting-an-allstar-node-and-an-allstardmr-bridge-in-the-cloud/

Thank you SO MUCH for what you guys are doing!

I currently have DMR, Analog, C4FM and Allstar connected to my repeaters, but am using some hardware solutions in there. The work that you guys have done is going to make my system SOOOO much more stream lined.

Thanks again!
Chris
WB4ULK

WillieB <will@...>

Hi Chris,

Since you are using the ASL image in which ASL is already installed, be sure to skip the ASL section in Russell’s guide…

-Will

KE4IAJ

Haha, while I was going back and forth with you, I found a step by step by a guy that is doing exactly what I want to do. I am going to parse through his stuff and see if I can get it finished up.

His link is here: https://kv4s.com/2018/05/23/hosting-an-allstar-node-and-an-allstardmr-bridge-in-the-cloud/

Thank you SO MUCH for what you guys are doing!

I currently have DMR, Analog, C4FM and Allstar connected to my repeaters, but am using some hardware solutions in there. The work that you guys have done is going to make my system SOOOO much more stream lined.

Thanks again!
Chris
WB4ULK

Chris WB4ULK

Thanks,

I got everything installed and I was going to look at his guide for the configuration.

I am currently looking at the Analog_Bridge.ini

That was a major accomplishment. LOL

Thanks,
Chris

Chris WB4ULK

Looks Like I have everything configured.

When I try issuing the systemct1 enable md380-emu

It says command not found, do I need to be in a particular directory?

Chris

Chris WB4ULK

Nevermind. It's systemct(L) not 1. lol

Steve N4IRS

It should already be enabled it's systemctl (not a 1) status md380-emu will show you if it's running.

systemctl enable xxxx sets up xxxx to start at boot.
systemctl status xxxx shows current status
systemctl start xxxx starts xxxx
systemctl stop xxxx Well, you guess....

Awesome, glad you found my guide helpful, like I said, it doesn't cover everything but it covered what I did. :)

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 9:18 AM Chris via Groups.Io <chood73=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thank you very much!

Haha, while I was going back and forth with you, I found a step by step by a guy that is doing exactly what I want to do. I am going to parse through his stuff and see if I can get it finished up.

His link is here: https://kv4s.com/2018/05/23/hosting-an-allstar-node-and-an-allstardmr-bridge-in-the-cloud/

Thank you SO MUCH for what you guys are doing!

I currently have DMR, Analog, C4FM and Allstar connected to my repeaters, but am using some hardware solutions in there. The work that you guys have done is going to make my system SOOOO much more stream lined.

Thanks again!
Chris
WB4ULK

Chris WB4ULK

Ha!
Got everything talking, but when I key on the DMR side, I get digital audio coming across the analog side.
When I key the analog side, I get garbled audio.

I THINK my emulator is running, but when I tried to issue the series of commands listed in one of the other threads, I couldn't make the pipe symbol on my arm Mac.. lol

GRRRR

Steve N4IRS

Chris,
Show us your Analog_Bridge.ini

Show us the result of systemctl status md380-emu

Steve

On 6/1/2018 11:39 AM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:
Ha!
Got everything talking, but when I key on the DMR side, I get digital audio coming across the analog side.
When I key the analog side, I get garbled audio.

I THINK my emulator is running, but when I tried to issue the series of commands listed in one of the other threads, I couldn't make the pipe symbol on my arm Mac.. lol

GRRRR

Chris WB4ULK

Sorry, I am not using an editor. I am using the web interface at Vultr.
I did screen grabs

Chris

Steve N4IRS

The emulator is not running. To test it:
cd /opt/md380-emu
./md380-emu -v -S 2470

Show results
Control C to exit.

On 6/1/2018 11:54 AM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:
Sorry, I am not using an editor. I am using the web interface at Vultr.
I did screen grabs

Chris

Chris WB4ULK

Yeah, cannot execute

Steve N4IRS

uname -a
cat /etc/debian_version

On 6/1/2018 12:05 PM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:
Yeah, cannot execute

Chris WB4ULK

9.4

Steve N4IRS

Try:
/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static /opt/md380-emu/md380-emu -v -S 2470

On 6/1/2018 12:13 PM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:
9.4

Chris WB4ULK

ugghh

No such file or directory