Topics

Im Lost...

sean.riddle@...

I have been beating my head off the wall over this and i feel like i am so close i can hear it....

i got a jumbo spot and a nice gd77 im trying to make... i guess... a Ad-Hoc DMR network NO INTERWBS

ive tried multiple thing

1. setting up Deb and installing HBlink and it kept erroring out with some complaining about py.
2.setting up EA5GVK's wonderful rpi image.
3. googling for hours on end to find a soloution.

help please!!!

Cort N0MJS

You should be over on the HBlink subgroup. We posted step-by-step install instructions there just last week.

On Dec 2, 2019, at 8:08 AM, sean.riddle@... wrote:

I have been beating my head off the wall over this and i feel like i am so close i can hear it....

i got a jumbo spot and a nice gd77 im trying to make... i guess... a Ad-Hoc DMR network NO INTERWBS

ive tried multiple thing

1. setting up Deb and installing HBlink and it kept erroring out with some complaining about py.
2.setting up EA5GVK's wonderful rpi image.
3. googling for hours on end to find a soloution.

help please!!!

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

sean.riddle@...

I wanna say i was there but cant be certain for sure... i started this project yesterday @ 7:30am its now almost  10am the next day. i appreciate the nudge i know i can do this i know im just missing something...

Skyler Fennell

This guy made a very good YouTube and article series on how to do it:

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 7:45 AM <sean.riddle@...> wrote:
I wanna say i was there but cant be certain for sure... i started this project yesterday @ 7:30am its now almost  10am the next day. i appreciate the nudge i know i can do this i know im just missing something...

Cort N0MJS

There are a number of tutorials out there. To be honest, I’ve not paid attention to a lot of them. When I helped clean up the how-to last week, I realized that, while a lot of the things out there work, they include unnecessary or duplicative steps.

Here’s a modified list of steps I just used Deb 10 x64 to verify them:

# as root
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade -y
apt-get install git -y
apt-get install python3-pip -y
apt-get install python3-twisted -y
pip3 install dmr-utils3

# as a regular user (it's safer this way)

cp HBlink3/hblink-SAMPLE.cfg HBlink3/hblink.cfg
cp HBlink3/rules_SAMPLE.py HBlink3/rules.py

Edit the cfg and rules files to your needs.