Interface ASL into existing bridge

Michael KD5DFB

Hello, Group,

Is there a way to interface ASL into an existing bridge?

Michael KD5DFB

Mike KB8JNM

Would you like to say what kind of bridge ?

Or

Exactly what you are trying to achieve ?

...mike/kb8jnm

On 1/2/2019 6:29 PM, KD5DFB wrote:
Hello, Group,

Is there a way to interface ASL into an existing bridge?

Michael KD5DFB

JJ Cummings

Much much more info is needed, that said the answer is likely YES that you can interface ASL into existing bridges for other modes also.... but each has its own complexities and there is no single answer to interface ASL into an existing ambiguous bridge ;-P

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 6:04 PM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

Would you like to say what kind of bridge ?

Or

Exactly what you are trying to achieve ?

...mike/kb8jnm

On 1/2/2019 6:29 PM, KD5DFB wrote:
Hello, Group,

Is there a way to interface ASL into an existing bridge?

Michael KD5DFB

Michael KD5DFB

I have a c-bridge to p25 reflector bridge

cbridge<-->IPSC_Bridge<-->Analog_Bridge_DMR<-->Analog_Bridge_P25<-->MMDVM_Bridge<-->P25Gateway<-->P25Reflector

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 7:07 PM JJ Cummings <cummingsj@...> wrote:
Much much more info is needed, that said the answer is likely YES that you can interface ASL into existing bridges for other modes also.... but each has its own complexities and there is no single answer to interface ASL into an existing ambiguous bridge ;-P

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 6:04 PM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

Would you like to say what kind of bridge ?

Or

Exactly what you are trying to achieve ?

...mike/kb8jnm

On 1/2/2019 6:29 PM, KD5DFB wrote:
Hello, Group,

Is there a way to interface ASL into an existing bridge?

Michael KD5DFB

Steve N4IRS

The bridge formerly known as Prince? Sorry a little punchy tonight.

On 1/2/19 8:07 PM, JJ Cummings wrote:
Much much more info is needed, that said the answer is likely YES that you can interface ASL into existing bridges for other modes also.... but each has its own complexities and there is no single answer to interface ASL into an existing ambiguous bridge ;-P

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 6:04 PM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

Would you like to say what kind of bridge ?

Or

Exactly what you are trying to achieve ?

...mike/kb8jnm

On 1/2/2019 6:29 PM, KD5DFB wrote:
Hello, Group,

Is there a way to interface ASL into an existing bridge?

Michael KD5DFB

JJ Cummings

ha!

So given what I'm looking at you could interface another MMDVM_Bridge into the P25Gateway and then Analog_Bridge using USRP into ASL from MMDVM_Bridge...

So the chain from your existing P25Gateway <-> NewMMDVM_Bridge <-> Analog_Bridge <-> USRP ASL

You could do the same on the CBridge side with DMRLink...

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 6:10 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
The bridge formerly known as Prince? Sorry a little punchy tonight.

On 1/2/19 8:07 PM, JJ Cummings wrote:
Much much more info is needed, that said the answer is likely YES that you can interface ASL into existing bridges for other modes also.... but each has its own complexities and there is no single answer to interface ASL into an existing ambiguous bridge ;-P

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 6:04 PM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

Would you like to say what kind of bridge ?

Or

Exactly what you are trying to achieve ?

...mike/kb8jnm

On 1/2/2019 6:29 PM, KD5DFB wrote:
Hello, Group,

Is there a way to interface ASL into an existing bridge?

Michael KD5DFB

Steve N4IRS

One way you could do it is use ASL as your "mixer" Break the chain at the junction of the 2 Analog_Bridges. ASL with 2 private nodes. One connected to P25 and one connected to DMR. Then connect the 2 private nodes together and connect your public ASL node to one of the private nodes.

On 1/2/19 8:09 PM, KD5DFB wrote:
[...]

Awesome, Thank you! I just couldn't see it.

Now if I could figure out how to limit the TS and TGs that go to P25

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 7:14 PM JJ Cummings <cummingsj@...> wrote:
[...]

So many options! I like that way too...

On 1/2/19 8:09 PM, KD5DFB wrote:
[...]

It looks like I would have to create another P25Gateway