Topics

ircddbgateway install command line only

Skyler Fennell

I am currently in the process of ASL <--> DSTAR.

I've been pulling my hair out this weekend attempting to install ircDDBGateway as part of the bridge. I have no GUI available on my server, and don't want to run the extra resources to put a desktop environment on it.

I have grabbed the source code from the following github link:

I then used these instructions to compile:

Including the configure without using GUI followed by make and make install.
./configure --without-gui
make
make install

After this, I have performed a deep search on the system attempting to find the config files and what to run, however, I am unable to find anything except programs complaining that I need to have a display.

root@stn3764:/# /usr/local/bin/ircddbgatewayconfig
11:13:09: Error: Unable to initialize GTK+, is DISPLAY set properly?

I have searched the whole system for any plain text file with the keywords ircddbgateway that looks like a config file, but have not found anything.

Does anybody here have any suggestions on running ircddbgateway on a server with NO GUI?

Thank You
Skyler KG0SKY

Mike KB8JNM

Yet one more piece of software to install.
It is found on github as well.
https://github.com/g4klx/ircDDBGateway

On 2/3/2019 1:15 PM, Skyler Fennell wrote:
I am currently in the process of ASL <--> DSTAR.
I've been pulling my hair out this weekend attempting to install
ircDDBGateway as part of the bridge. I have no GUI available on my server,
and don't want to run the extra resources to put a desktop environment on
it.
I have grabbed the source code from the following github link:
https://github.com/dl5di/OpenDV.git
I then used these instructions to compile:
https://g0wfv.wordpress.com/2016/12/02/how-to-install-ircddb-gateway-from-latest-source-code/
Including the configure without using GUI followed by make and make
install.
./configure --without-gui
make
make install
After this, I have performed a deep search on the system attempting to find
the config files and what to run, however, I am unable to find anything
except programs complaining that I need to have a display.
root@stn3764:/# /usr/local/bin/ircddbgatewayconfig
11:13:09: Error: Unable to initialize GTK+, is DISPLAY set properly?
I have searched the whole system for any plain text file with the keywords
ircddbgateway that looks like a config file, but have not found anything.
Does anybody here have any suggestions on running ircddbgateway on a server
with NO GUI?
Thank You
Skyler KG0SKY

Steve N4IRS

Skyler,
Here is template you can use
<http://dvswitch.org/files/HAM/ircddbgateway>

Depending on the parameters ircddbgatewayd will look in /etc/opendv.
Be aware G4KLX has been updating his own github directory for ircDDBGateway.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 2/3/19 1:15 PM, Skyler Fennell wrote:
[...]

I missed the original issue by not seeing enough of the email for some reason.

I could not get mine installed for the lack of ability to install wxwidgets.
Seems like a massive install requirement for a little install.
Not sure why, but wxwidgets will not compile for me so I put it aside.

TG9AOR

Hello. If you compiled from DL5DI's repository it is then possible to run without GUI by running the command ./ircddbgatewayd

You will need to configure it beforehand, this is done by running ./ircddbgw_config or ./ircddbgw_cfg (if my memory serves me right) this allows for you to configure it via the terminal.

Hope this helps. 73
--
José Roberto Ruíz García Salas
TG9AOR

Skyler Fennell

Thank you everyone. I got it working with ircddbgatewayd compiled from the better source you provided.

My main issue was not having an example conf file, weird they don’t ship the package with one.

Thanks to the group for sending that conf file.

P.s. DSTAR Audio seems to be YUCK using analog_bridge op25 on the Analog—> digital. Very bassy and cuts out on low level, are there any adjustments or EQ? Maybe there is some usrp EQ program.  I probably need to get a USB dv dongle, but I really wish everything could run at the same vm server...

Skyler

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 7:32 AM TG9AOR <qrz@...> wrote:
Hello. If you compiled from DL5DI's repository it is then possible to run without GUI by running the command ./ircddbgatewayd

You will need to configure it beforehand, this is done by running ./ircddbgw_config or ./ircddbgw_cfg (if my memory serves me right) this allows for you to configure it via the terminal.

Hope this helps. 73
--
José Roberto Ruíz García Salas
TG9AOR

Steve N4IRS

For decent D-Star audio you must have the Hardware Vocoder. Period.!

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)