Is DNS Supported In The Latest MMDVM Bridge?

David - AK2L

I have a 2-year old installation of MMDVM_Bridge / DVSwitch that I am using for a YSF reflector -to- YSF reflector connection.

Due to some network changes, the IP address of one of the reflectors has changed a couple times recently.

Does that latest version of MMDVM_Bridge support DNS so that I can avoid having to edit INI files?

Steve N4IRS

Yes

On 7/29/2021 12:45 PM, David - AK2L wrote:
I have a 2-year old installation of MMDVM_Bridge / DVSwitch that I am using for a YSF reflector -to- YSF reflector connection.

Due to some network changes, the IP address of one of the reflectors has changed a couple times recently.

Does that latest version of MMDVM_Bridge support DNS so that I can avoid having to edit INI files?

David - AK2L

Great!

How can I manually update the files without stepping on everything already in /opt/MMDVM_Bridge?

Steve N4IRS

The question is, how it was installed. Please show the output of apt-get update.

On 7/29/2021 1:26 PM, David - AK2L wrote:
Great!

How can I manually update the files without stepping on everything already in /opt/MMDVM_Bridge?

David - AK2L

I never used apt.  The files were manually placed into /opt/MMDVM_Bridge, the service directory and so on.

Steve N4IRS

Then replace the binary and check log for errors.