Topics

Is there a simple way for Bridging a Brandmeister TG to an XLX Reflector (new 2020 Version)

Uli

"Simple" question:
How do I bridge a BM Talkgroup to an XLX Reflector. Do I really need 2 instances of MMDVM_Bridge? How do MMDVM_Bridge.ini and DVSwitch.ini look like?
I have successfully bridged a YSF Reflector with one instance of DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge to a BM Talkgroup in another project.
Is there a similar way to do this with my XLX Reflector running the new 2020 version?
The XLX Reflector works fine with C4FM and D-Star (using Ambe Server), connecting to DMR XLX via TG6 works fine too.
Now I want to make it easy to our DMR users here so that they just can work with the local TG they are used to.

thanks for any advice

Eric-K6KWB

Yes two instances of MMDVM_Bridge:

bm tg <->MB_bm<->MB_xlx<->XLX ref
Point first MB_BM to BM and second MB_XLX point to XLX reflector. On DVSwitch.ini cross DMR port.

If you want XLX <-> YSF you can do the same as you mentioned one instance of MB in another project which I prefer.

73,Eric

Patrick Perdue

In the example of
bm tg <->MB_bm<->MB_xlx<->XLX ref
how would you direct to a specific BM talkgroup? Just assume TG9 and a static talkgroup on the BM self-care page?

On 4/27/2020 6:23 PM, Eric-K6KWB wrote:
Yes two instances of MMDVM_Bridge:

bm tg <->MB_bm<->MB_xlx<->XLX ref
Point first MB_BM to BM and second MB_XLX point to XLX reflector. On DVSwitch.ini cross DMR port.

If you want XLX <-> YSF you can do the same as you mentioned one instance of MB in another project which I prefer.

73,Eric

Eric-K6KWB

yes that is correct.

Eric-K6KWB

I hit reply to quick lol, we use TG6 once we connected on XLX reflector on pistar.

Rudy N6DOZ

Patrick,

Did you ever get this configuration working? If so, would you mind sharing your configurations MMDVM_Bridge.ini and DVSwitch.ini for both instances?

7-3, Rudy