Large analog_bridge.log


Steve N4IRS
 

With the AB/MB for XLX shut down, Do you have another AB running?

On 5/15/21 8:34 AM, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
MB/AB up but logs and CPU are going up.

73, Kit


Steve N4IRS
 

Show me the output of uname -a

On 5/15/21 8:37 AM, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
Yes, I did - it grew to 200M in no time and CPU went up.  My SSH terminals got all sluggish because of the CPU was maxed out.

73, Kit


Komkit Listisard
 

No, I do not.

I was trying to bridge P25 to XLX, I followed you diagram from https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/wiki/9379

73, Kit


Komkit Listisard
 

Linux w3kit-xlx1 4.19.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.171-2 (2021-01-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux


Steve N4IRS
 

I am not saying you are doing anything wrong. I'm trying to understand your config. With the MMDVM_Bridge to XLX shut down, how many instances of AB do you have running?

On 5/15/21 8:41 AM, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
No, I do not.

I was trying to bridge P25 to XLX, I followed you diagram from https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/wiki/9379

73, Kit


Komkit Listisard
 

Oh, not all Steve.  

No, I do not have any AB running at all.  I do not use AB outside of trying to bridge P25 <> DMR.

If you wish and do not mind or have time.  I can send you the access to my TeamViewer and you can have at it.

73, Kit



Steve N4IRS
 

OK,
Stop ALL instances of AB.
cd /tmp
wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/Analog_Bridge/raw/master/bin/Analog_Bridge.amd64
chmod +x Analog_Bridge.amd64
mv Analog_Bridge.amd64 Analog_Bridge
copy Analog_Bridge over the top of each Analog_Bridge binary.

Steve N4IRS

On 5/15/21 8:43 AM, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
Linux w3kit-xlx1 4.19.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.171-2 (2021-01-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux


Komkit Listisard
 

Okay, I did that.  Brought MB/ABs back up, seem to be okay.  

Now seem like my P25 is not working but that probably have nothing to do with it.  I have DVSwitch dashboard up for P25, I can see data coming in but hear nothing on the radio and I could not transmit out from P25 side.

But as long as my CPU does not goes up and log size does not go up, I am okay for now.  Just have to debug the P25 reflector now.

73, Kit


Komkit Listisard
 

Okay, P25 is now fixed as well. 

All seem well now, both AB does not use much CPU now.  Both are now down at the bottom of top -o %CPU

Thank you for sticking around and help with the issue. 

73, Kit


Komkit Listisard
 

Steve,

so far so good.  The only remain issue is the "P25 Net" never showed up as linked.  Most likely is on my dashboard setup. Otherwise all seem to be working now.  Any new was change to the Analog_Bridge binary?

Again, thank you for the help.  73, Kit


Steve N4IRS
 

The change to fix the log fill and high CPU was a "hot patch" to Analog_Bridge. I will be building updated apt packages on Monday for all platforms.

On 5/15/21 9:55 AM, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
Steve,

so far so good.  The only remain issue is the "P25 Net" never showed up as linked.  Most likely is on my dashboard setup. Otherwise all seem to be working now.  Any new was change to the Analog_Bridge binary?

Again, thank you for the help.  73, Kit



Komkit Listisard
 

Steve, very good and thank you for your time and support.  I won't know how to fix it.

Also what need to happen in P25 Net field to lit up instead of "Not Linked"

I have the similar dashboard with NXDN bridge, the NXDN Net is showing Linked to TG 910,  not with the P25 dashboard.

Otherwise it no big issue as it does not stop anything.

73, Kit


Komkit Listisard
 

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 01:17 PM, Komkit Listisard wrote:
Steve, very good and thank you for your time and support.  I won't know how to fix it.

Also what need to happen in P25 Net field to lit up instead of "Not Linked"

I have the similar dashboard with NXDN bridge, the NXDN Net is showing Linked to TG 910,  not with the P25 dashboard.

Otherwise it no big issue as it does not stop anything.

73, Kit
P25 Net "not linked" has been resolved.

Since my P25 <> DMR is using MB2 (mmdvm2) directory for logs.  I have to tell p25gateway to put the logs in mmdvm2 instead of mmdvm directory.

73, Kit


David Young
 

Steve,
P25 with either Analog_Bridge.  Thought it was fixed in later update to DVSwitch Server as I did not get these error messages on startup of the bridge and then for an unknown reason after running P25 bridge for a couple of weeks the bridge stopped and when I looked into the problem the partition on the cloud server which stores log files was filled and it was the same repeating entries as in the above thread.  Deleted the log files to recover memory and set the logging in both Analog_Bridge.ini files to 0(zero) and have not seen any problems since.
Sorry for the late response.
--
Dave WB6DTB