Linking allstar to DMR via hblink?

Robert

Hi all,

I would like to create a private bridge for my allstar node to DMR (i.e. without using a network). I’d like to TRX on my DMR radio and that bridges across to whatever my allstar node is pointing at.

I’ve tested dvswitch server and allstar bridges to DMR fine. I just need somewhere to point both dvswitch and the pistar to complete the connection.

What would be the easiest way of doing this? Do I need HBLink?

Thanks & 73
Robert

Steve N4IRS

Robert,

Yes, HBlink will do what you need. <https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/HBlink>

73, Steve N4IRS

On 3/1/22 17:26, Robert wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to create a private bridge for my allstar node to DMR (i.e. without using a network). I’d like to TRX on my DMR radio and that bridges across to whatever my allstar node is pointing at.

I’ve tested dvswitch server and allstar bridges to DMR fine. I just need somewhere to point both dvswitch and the pistar to complete the connection.

What would be the easiest way of doing this? Do I need HBLink?

Thanks & 73
Robert

Robert

Thanks Steve, I've got this installed.

Does anyone know if I should point the pistar and DVSwitch to the "master" in hblink config, or do I need to set one of them up as a peer?

Thanks & 73,
Robert

Steve N4IRS

HBlink is your master, Pi-Star and DVSwitch Server are your peers.

On 3/5/22 06:11, Robert wrote:
Thanks Steve, I've got this installed.

Does anyone know if I should point the pistar and DVSwitch to the "master" in hblink config, or do I need to set one of them up as a peer?

Thanks & 73,
Robert

Robert

Brilliant, thank you!

After some sweat and 50 cups of coffee later, I am now up and running! :)