Macro result was 512 #analog_bridge

Geoff

I have modified dvsm.macro file so I can switch from one DMR server to another.
There are 4 servers that I was able to switch at will and the setup has been working quite well until lately.
By pressing macro key A, B, C or D I was able to switch from a DMR server to another and so forth.
However, recently when I press D to change to another DMR server, I get "Macro result was 512".
I don't know what it means and how to go about fixing it.
Can anyone shed some light on this matter, please?

Thank you.

Steve N4IRS

Please post your A, B, C and D macros.

On 9/15/21 10:41 PM, Geoff wrote:
I have modified dvsm.macro file so I can switch from one DMR server to another.
There are 4 servers that I was able to switch at will and the setup has been working quite well until lately.
By pressing macro key A, B, C or D I was able to switch from a DMR server to another and so forth.
However, recently when I press D to change to another DMR server, I get "Macro result was 512".
I don't know what it means and how to go about fixing it.
Can anyone shed some light on this matter, please?

Thank you.

Geoff

Thank you for coming back to me.
The following are my macro settings in dvsm.macro

A=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "1961@...:62031"
B=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "1961@...:62031"
C=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "PASSWORD@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS2_1=450;TS2_2=518"
D=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "PASSWORD@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS1_1=5;TS2_1=505;TS2_2=3802"

If I issue the command at the prompt, it connects to the desired DMR+ server as shown below :-
~$ sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "1961@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS1_1=5;TS2_1=505;TS2_2=3802"

However, when I issue macro "*D", I get "macro result was 512" and can not connect to the server.

Thank you.

Geoff

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 08:12 PM, Geoff wrote:
~$ sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "1961@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS1_1=5;TS2_1=505;TS2_2=3802"
Correction :-

~$ sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "PASSWORD@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS1_1=5;TS2_1=505;TS2_2=3802"

Steve N4IRS

Geff,
Let's verify that D is executing what you think it is.
in dvsm.macro change D to:
D=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh "version ALL >/tmp/out.txt"

Run the macro and see if you get the 512 result. If not, what is the contents of /tmp/out.txt

On 9/16/21 6:12 AM, Geoff wrote:
Thank you for coming back to me.
The following are my macro settings in dvsm.macro

A=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "1961@...:62031"
B=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "1961@...:62031"
C=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "PASSWORD@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS2_1=450;TS2_2=518"
D=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "PASSWORD@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS1_1=5;TS2_1=505;TS2_2=3802"

If I issue the command at the prompt, it connects to the desired DMR+ server as shown below :-
~$ sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "1961@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS1_1=5;TS2_1=505;TS2_2=3802"

However, when I issue macro "*D", I get "macro result was 512" and can not connect to the server.

Thank you.

Geoff

Steve,

I ran and got "macro result was 256".
There was no file named out.txt  in /tmp.

Geoff

Steve,

I am running a multi user server (DVLink). I have no problems using the macro to change DMR servers using other user's account.
To give you an insight of what I have done to my server, I have recently updated dvswitch.sh to v1.6.1 from v1.5.9 and also updated MMDVM_Bridge to the latest v.1.6.8.
I have not updated  other users' dvswitch.sh but updated MMDVM_Bridge to the latest.
So only difference is that as a main user myself I am using dvswitch v1.6.1 and the rest of the users are still using dvswitch.sh v 1.5.9
I wonder if I need to revert to dvswitch v1.5.9.
Hope that helps.

Steve N4IRS

Show your dvsm.macro

On 9/16/21 7:00 AM, Geoff wrote:
Steve,

I am running a multi user server (DVLink). I have no problems using the macro to change DMR servers using other user's account.
To give you an insight of what I have done to my server, I have recently updated dvswitch.sh to v1.6.1 from v1.5.9 and also updated MMDVM_Bridge to the latest v.1.6.8.
I have not updated  other users' dvswitch.sh but updated MMDVM_Bridge to the latest.
So only difference is that as a main user myself I am using dvswitch v1.6.1 and the rest of the users are still using dvswitch.sh v 1.5.9
I wonder if I need to revert to dvswitch v1.5.9.
Hope that helps.

Geoff

I have attached two copies of dvsm.macro files.
One is mine and the other is for one of the user's

Steve N4IRS

OK,
Try this:
D=sudo echo version >/tmp/out.txt

On 9/16/2021 7:21 AM, Geoff wrote:
I have attached two copies of dvsm.macro files.
One is mine and the other is for one of the user's

Geoff

It created an out.txt file in /tmp containing a text "version"

Steve N4IRS

OK,
So we know the macro is firing the script. Macros A B and C run
The MMDVM_Bridge install moved  dvswitch.sh from /opt/Analog_Bridge to /opt/MMDVM_Bridge Do you have it in both locations? What is the version of dvswitch you are executing?

On 9/16/2021 8:09 AM, Geoff wrote:
It created an out.txt file in /tmp containing a text "version"

Geoff

Steve,

To answer your question, the latest version of MMDVM_Bridge (V1.6.8) installed to /opt/MMDVM_Bridge.
dvswitch.sh is in /opt/Analog_Bridge not in /opt/MMDVM_Bridge so it is in one location only.
The version of dvswitch is v1.6.1.

What I have tried a few different things this morning :-

C=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "PASSWORD@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS2_1=450;TS2_2=518"
D=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "PASSWORD@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS1_1=5;TS2_1=505;TS2_2=3802;TS2_3=3803"

Above two macro scripts are the original in dvsm.macro file.
I have renamed C to D and D to C and tried to execute the macro D connects buit not C.

It seemed that there is something wrong with the macro D script.
I then tried to shorten the macro D script to :-

D=sudo /opt/Analog_Bridge/dvswitch.sh tune "PASSWORD@...:55555:StartRef=4570;RelinkTime=120;UserLink=1;TS2_1=505;TS2_2=3802"

Now, I don't have any issues and connects to D. I have tried multiple times and every time it connects.

What does this tell?

I don't think there was any syntax error in my original macro D script.
I just had to remove a couple of TGs to get the D working.

Is there any restriction as to how long a script can be?

Thank you.

Steve N4IRS

I don't know of a limitation on size, but it's possible. Put the command in a script and cal teh script from dvsm.macro

On 9/16/21 6:17 PM, Geoff wrote:
[...]

Don't quite understand what you mean. Not from a Linux background and my knowledge is very limited. Sorry for that.

I tried to add one more TG in the macro D script, and it failed to execute.
As soon as I removed a TG, it started to work as normal.
So there is something that has something to do with the length of the script.

Thank you.
Geoff