Missing Link

David KE6UPI

Hello Everyone, I'm missing something.

Foreground:
ThumbDV passed AMBEtest3

ASL:
I have ASL running with rpt.conf 1999 USRP working and connected to /opt/Analog_Bridge.
I have node 2083 connected to 1999. I can see that I'm keying 2083 and passing it to 1999 to Analog_Bridge

HBlink:
I have /opt/HBlink configured and connected to BM.

Need help to configure /opt/HB_Bridge to connect to Analog_Bridge and HBlink. What files need to be edited and do I start by using python hblink.py in the /opt/HB_Bridge directory?

Thanks, David
KE6UPI

Dylan KI7SBI

I think you match these lines in Analog_Bridge.ini

; Information for xx_Bridge.py
[AMBE_AUDIO]
server = 127.0.0.1 ; IP address of xx_Bridge.py
fromDMRPort = 31000 ; AMBE frames from xx_Bridge (should match "toGatewayPort" in xx_Bridge.cfg)
toDMRPort = 31003 ; AMBE frames from xx_Bridge (should match "fromGatewayPort" in xx_Bridge.cfg)

to these lines in HB_Bridge.cfg

[DEFAULTS]
gateway = 127.0.0.1 # IP address of Partner Application (IPSC_Bridge, Analog_Bridge)
fromGatewayPort = 31003 # Port HB_Bridge is listening on for data (HB_Bridge <--- Partner)
toGatewayPort = 31000 # Port Partner is listening on for data (HB_Bridge ---> Partner)

And run HB_Bridge.py not hblink.py
The default config seems like it would work, if both HB_Bridge and Analog_Bridge and running on the same host.

KI7SBI Dylan

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 10:38 AM, David KE6UPI <shawpbx@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone, I'm missing something.

Foreground:
ThumbDV passed AMBEtest3

ASL:
I have ASL running with rpt.conf 1999 USRP working and connected to /opt/Analog_Bridge.
I have node 2083 connected to 1999. I can see that I'm keying 2083 and passing it to 1999 to Analog_Bridge

HBlink:
I have /opt/HBlink configured and connected to BM.

Need help to configure /opt/HB_Bridge to connect to Analog_Bridge and HBlink. What files need to be edited and do I start by using python hblink.py in the /opt/HB_Bridge directory?

Thanks, David
KE6UPI

David KE6UPI

Thanks Dylan, So all I needed was /opt/Analog_Bridge and /opt/HB_Bridge.

Time to play with this.

David
KE6UPI

Steve N4IRS

On 1/15/2018 1:38 PM, David KE6UPI wrote:

Hello Everyone, I'm missing something.

Foreground:
ThumbDV passed AMBEtest3

ASL:
I have ASL running with rpt.conf 1999 USRP working and connected to /opt/Analog_Bridge.
I have node 2083 connected to 1999. I can see that I'm keying 2083 and passing it to 1999 to Analog_Bridge

HBlink:
I have /opt/HBlink configured and connected to BM.

Need help to configure /opt/HB_Bridge to connect to Analog_Bridge and HBlink. What files need to be edited and do I start by using python hblink.py in the /opt/HB_Bridge directory?

Thanks, David
KE6UPI

David KE6UPI

Thanks Steve, I have it working now. I'm just using Analog_Bridge to HB_Bridge.py. I configured Analog_Bridge.ini and started Analog_Bridge.x64. I then configured HB_Bridge.cfg and hblink.cfg. Its working, but the DMR to Analog audio sounds bad. ASL to DMR sounds great.

I'm running a i3 3rd gen 4Gb of memory. Any ideas why the audio would sound bad one way and not the other?

David

Steven Blackford

It can take some time to get the audio adjusted.  Here’s the audio settings I use on my node 46626 that’s bridged over to DMR.  My ASL audio was 2-3 x louder compared to the DMR audio.  So, adjust to what works for you. 😊

aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN       ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDI

O_USE_GAIN)

agcGain = -80                   ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter

dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN       ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, A

UDIO_BPF)

dmrGain = 0.25                  ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

Hope that helps.  73 de Steve, K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Thanks Steve, I have it working now. I'm just using Analog_Bridge to HB_Bridge.py. I configured Analog_Bridge.ini and started Analog_Bridge.x64. I then configured HB_Bridge.cfg and hblink.cfg. Its working, but the DMR to Analog audio sounds bad. ASL to DMR sounds great.

I'm running a i3 3rd gen 4Gb of memory. Any ideas why the audio would sound bad one way and not the other?

David

David KE6UPI

Thanks Steve, That did help with the volume. But I still have bad audio DMR to Analog.

Any help would be great.

David

--
Thanks, David

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
Thomas Jefferson

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 2:10 PM, Steven Blackford <kb7sqi@...> wrote:

[...]

David,
Please standby, We are looking into something now. This may take a day or 2.

Steve

On 01/15/2018 10:20 PM, David KE6UPI wrote:
[...]

No problem.

Thanks, David

--

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 7:25 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

I made some edits, take a look.
We are still chasing down the audio issue.
Try the change ambeSize from 49 to 73.

Steve

On 01/15/2018 10:26 PM, David KE6UPI wrote:
No problem.

Thanks, David

[...]

Hello Steve, It does sound better. But its still choppy DMR to ASL. ASL to DMR is fine. Also there is a 2-3 second delay.

David

--

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 3:18 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

I was typing as you sent the email. I'll try it.

David

--

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 7:31 AM, David Shaw <shawpbx@...> wrote:
[...]

root@asl2060:/opt/Analog_Bridge# cat /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
16
root@asl2060:/opt/Analog_Bridge# echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
root@asl2060:/opt/Analog_Bridge# cat /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
1

Restarted Analog_Bridge. It s better.

David

[...]

By the way. I'm running the 64 bit of AllStarLink (DIAL) and Analog_Bridge (Analog_Bridge.x64)

David

--

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 7:35 AM, David Shaw <shawpbx@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks, We found this last night. It's not how we want to "fix" it. Still testing....
If you reboot, you will have to do it again.

On 1/16/2018 10:35 AM, David KE6UPI wrote:
[...]

By the way. What is the best way to start HB_Bridge.py and Analog_Bridge.x64 at boot? I tried /etc/rc.local

sleep 60
/opt/HB_Bridge/HB_Bridge.py &> /dev/null &
/opt/Analog_Bridge/Analog_Bridge.x64 &> /dev/null &

That didn't work.

David

--
Thanks, David

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
Thomas Jefferson

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 7:41 AM, David KE6UPI <shawpbx@...> wrote:
Thanks Steve

David

[...]

I use systemd.
create 2 files in /lib/systemd/system

hb_bridge.system starts below

[Unit]
Description=HBlink HB Bridge Partner
# Description=Place this file in /lib/systemd/system
# N4IRS 07/13/2017

[Service]
Type=simple
StandardOutput=null
WorkingDirectory=/opt/HB_Bridge
Restart=always
RestartSec=3
ExecStart=/usr/bin/python /opt/HB_Bridge/HB_Bridge.py
ExecReload=/bin/kill -2 $MAINPID
KillMode=process

[Install]
WantedBy=network-online.target

analog_bridge.system starts below

[Unit]
Description=Analog_bridge Service
# Description=Place this file in /lib/systemd/system
# Description=N4IRS 7/13/2017

[Service]
Type=simple
StandardOutput=null
# Client Env Vars
WorkingDirectory=/opt/Analog_Bridge
Restart=always
RestartSec=3
ExecStart=/opt/Analog_Bridge/Analog_Bridge /opt/Analog_Bridge/Analog_Bridge.ini
ExecReload=/bin/kill -2 $MAINPID
KillMode=process
# RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=network-online.target

You can use the following commands.
systemctl status analog_bridge
systemctl status hb_bridge

systemctl stop analog_bridge
systemctl stop hb_bridge

systemctl start analog_bridge
systemctl start hb_bridge

To have them run at boot:
systemctl enable analog_bridge
systemctl enables hb_bridge

On 1/16/2018 10:54 AM, David KE6UPI wrote:
[...]

Hey Steve,

     Hope you’re doing well. 😊  I see you’re doing your best to track down more bugs.  Just curious, in the sample Analog_Bridge.ini file, as far as the ambeSize goes, you have it documented to use 49 for IPSC & 72 for the HB_Bridge.  I’ve been using 72 since I noticed that a while back.  Should it be 73 instead of 72?  Other than the weird issue I’ve told you about my “DMR” channel going to sleep @ random times, the ASL<->DMR bridge has been working well.  I’ve used the same setup on x64 & a PI3.  With the same results.  Take care & thanks again for everything you guys do!