Topics

MMDVM_Bridge Crashes as part of P25 <-> DMR link #mmdvm_bridge

Andrew Lynch

Good evening,

I had a chance to start gathering more info this evening from a couple sources and watched logs to see when it was occuring. I currently have a working P25 <-> MMDVM_Bridge/Analog_Bridge <-> DMR setup with all the ports and transcoding working fine. Hotspot P25 users connect to the reflector just fine and are able to communicate with DMR users. There is one repeater system that is linked via P25Link into that reflector, and traffic from that source causes MMDVM to restart midway through the conversation. There is no error entry (I turned on all the debugging), MMDVM_Bridge simply restarts, reconnects, and picks up roughly where it left off. The P25Reflector doesn't restart or indicate any issues.

Are there known issues with MMDVM_Bridge restarting or any further debugging that would be helpful to identify the source of the restart? I have the captured logs to share if someone would find them useful. One is all raw P25Reflector debug data, the other is MMDVM_Bridge's logs at reset.

Thanks!
-Andy, KDØIOE

Steve N4IRS

This is the first I've head of it. Not that I think it matters, what is the version of MMDVM_Bridge. If it's something P25Link is sending, it's going to be hard to troubleshoot.

Steve N4IRS

On 3/27/21 8:33 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
[...]

Send me the info on the reflector (IP and Port) I can setup a system to capture the data before the crash.

[...]

MMDVM_Bridge version 20210309_V1.6.4 git #5142ba0
P25Reflector version 20210213

It's the 707 Rural MN reflector, 707p25.kd0ioe.com:41000

Thanks!
-Andy

--
Andrew Lynch (KDØIOE)
lurch89@... | https://kd0ioe.com/

Andrew Lynch

Update: I had about an hour conversation over the P25 Reflector that ended up crashing multiple times on 4/2 at about 9pm CDT. I grabbed the logs from both P25Reflector and MMDVM_Bridge. They're on GMT so -5 is the offset.

One thing I noticed was that traffic from the Quantar repeaters (N0PBA is the gateway callsign) always ends with "network watchdog timed out" whereas traffic from me via a hotspot ends with "Network end of transmission".

Link to logs: https://cloud.kd0ioe.com/index.php/s/gr78QQiwJyWY8Rm

Andrew Lynch

Steve - any luck with the watch on the P25 Reflector? I think Sunday morning when you reconnected we had a few crashes between me and K2KLN. Unfortunately all this P25 testing revealed another issue where my hotspot will "double" traffic on P25, which I nailed down Sunday morning as well. I have still yet to see it crash with hotspot traffic, only traffic from the N0PBA repeater link to the P25Reflector.

I did update MMDVM_Bridge to 1.6.5 20210331 but doesn't seem to have had any effect.

Thanks!
-Andy, KDØIOE

Steve N4IRS

I would like to setup a schedule to capture data rather then just filling a log with data hoping for a sample transmission. Can you get this scheduled?

Steve

On 4/7/2021 8:57 AM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
Steve - any luck with the watch on the P25 Reflector? I think Sunday morning when you reconnected we had a few crashes between me and K2KLN. Unfortunately all this P25 testing revealed another issue where my hotspot will "double" traffic on P25, which I nailed down Sunday morning as well. I have still yet to see it crash with hotspot traffic, only traffic from the N0PBA repeater link to the P25Reflector.

I did update MMDVM_Bridge to 1.6.5 20210331 but doesn't seem to have had any effect.

Thanks!
-Andy, KDØIOE

Andrew Lynch

Can do. Are you OK if I start an email thread off-list to coordinate with Sean N0PBA?

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 8:00 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

Sure