Topics

MMDVM_Bridge segfaulting on RPi 1B with Debian Buster

Florian Wolters

Dear folks,

I am trying to rund MMDVM_Bridge on a RPi 1B with Debian Buster. The
binary exits with a Segementation Fault right after start. Nothing else
on the screen/console.
Is this binary not supposed to be run on that old hardware?

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Ben KE8CGS

Florian,
I ran into something like this previously. What happened for me was the CPU was v6 and the code is compiled for minimum of v7 architecture. Instant segfault. If you run a debugger on it you’ll likely see an invalid instruction reported. I think the tool chain and CPU target advanced somewhere…

73 Ben KE8CGS

On Oct 24, 2019, at 4:26 PM, Florian Wolters <florian@...> wrote:

Dear folks,

I am trying to rund MMDVM_Bridge on a RPi 1B with Debian Buster. The
binary exits with a Segementation Fault right after start. Nothing else
on the screen/console.
Is this binary not supposed to be run on that old hardware?

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Steve N4IRS

Florian,
I have built MMDVM_Bridge on a Pi 1. (armv6l) Give it a try on your 1B
It is in the github repository at <https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge> in the bin directory.

We have no plans at this time to include support for the v6 in the apt repository, but I will update github with the binary.
Next I'll build Analog bridge for the v6.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 10/24/19 4:26 PM, Florian Wolters wrote:
Dear folks,

I am trying to rund MMDVM_Bridge on a RPi 1B with Debian Buster. The
binary exits with a Segementation Fault right after start. Nothing else
on the screen/console.
Is this binary not supposed to be run on that old hardware?

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Steve N4IRS

I have built Analog_Bridge on a Pi 1 (armv6l)
It is in the github repository at <https://github.com/DVSwitch/Analog_Bridge>

73, Steve N4IRS

Florian Wolters

Hi Steve,

I have built MMDVM_Bridge on a Pi 1. (armv6l) Give it a try on your 1B
oh, I didn't expect that to happen so I ordered a RPi2B on Friday :)
I will give it a try on the RPi1B and report.

mni tnx es vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Waldek SP2ONG

Steve

Thank you for version armv6 and now I can run MMDVM_Bridge/Analog_Bridge on Raspberry Pi ZERO W with Raspbian.

73 Waldek

Steve N4IRS

That was the other reason I built for armv6

On 10/28/2019 10:12 AM, Waldek SP2ONG wrote:
Steve

Thank you for version armv6 and now I can run MMDVM_Bridge/Analog_Bridge on Raspberry Pi ZERO W with Raspbian.

73 Waldek

Florian Wolters

Steve,

I have built MMDVM_Bridge on a Pi 1. (armv6l) Give it a try on your
1B

I will give it a try on the RPi1B and report.
I was successful. The armv6l binary runs on the RPi 1B with Buster lite. Tnx for compiling it. It is of use for others as well hopefully.

mni tnx es vy73 de Florian DF2ET

ds5hvm@...

Hi Florian

Would you let me know to install Analog_bridge.armv6l and mmdvm_bridge. armv6l on Raspi zero w ?