MMDVM_Bridge Updates #mmdvm_bridge

David - AK2L

I'm using a ~2-year old version of MMDVM_Bidge on a Raspberry Pi and have encountered a problem with traffic not going between a YSF reflector and a WIRES-X room.

Are there release notes somewhere showing what changes have occurred to this program over the past 2 years?

Thanks.

Benjamin ON5BGO

Hi David,

how do you setup a such gateway between an YSF reflector and a WiresX node ? (or the pc WiresX node i suppose) ?

Thanks 
73, Ben 

David - AK2L

Edited

Hi Ben,

I am not handling that part.

Once a week, I use MMDVM_Bridge to connect one of my YSF reflectors (A) to another YSF reflector (B) so that my local club members can participate in a net.  YSF reflector (B) is bridged to a WIRES-X room by the net operators.  (I don't know how.)

The problem:  Last week I attempted to check-in to the net.  My call sign appeared on the dashboard of YSF reflector (B), but net control did not hear me.

The issue could be in my Pi-Star software, the YSF reflector software, the MMDVM_Bridge software or the YSF-to-WIRES-X bridge.  I'm just trying to narrow it down.  Next week I plan to connect directly to the remote reflector without the bridge to see if that helps.

Edit: Add missing component

Patrick Perdue

FWIW:
WIRES x bridging would be done over RF using a radio and a hotspot. DVSwitch therefore doesn't care about that part, so long as the hotspot connecting the WIRES x room can talk to the reflector.

There is no way to connect a WIRES x room directly to a reflector other than through RF, at least if you want to keep it purely in the digital domain. I'm doing this through analog, connecting a Yaesu HRI-200 to an Allstar node, but that's completely different.

On 7/22/2021 12:05 PM, David - AK2L wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Add missing component]

Hi Ben,

I am not handling that part.

Once a week, I use MMDVM_Bridge to connect one of my YSF reflectors (A) to another YSF reflector (B) so that my local club members can participate in a net.  YSF reflector (B) is bridged to a WIRES-X room by the net operators.  (I don't know how.)

The problem:  Last week I attempted to check-in to the net.  My call sign appeared on the dashboard of YSF reflector (B), but net control did not hear me.

The issue could be in my Pi-Star software, the YSF reflector software, the MMDVM_Bridge software or the YSF-to-WIRES-X bridge.  I'm just trying to narrow it down.  Next week I plan to connect directly to the remote reflector without the bridge to see if that helps.

Edit: Add missing component

Jorge (George)

Hi

Is possible, using connector with BM and this one with YSF reflector. We have 3 Wires-x connections and an IMRS repeater