Topics

mmdvmb.service in amd64?

Tom Corcoran

I am trying to install macros in my cloud instance of DVS. Is there an equivalent (but different name) file in amd64 version for mmdvmb.service?
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

No, mmdvm_bridge.service expects the file be named MMDVM_Bridge

n 11/29/19 5:05 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:

I am trying to install macros in my cloud instance of DVS. Is there an equivalent (but different name) file in amd64 version for mmdvmb.service?
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

tnx for speedy response .

so, instead of my macro ending with "restart mmdvmb.service" should I use "restart MMDVM_Bridge" ?
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

No,
No the file is mmdvm_bridge.service

On 11/29/2019 5:17 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
tnx for speedy response .

so, instead of my macro ending with "restart mmdvmb.service" should I use "restart MMDVM_Bridge" ?
--
Tom VE3NY

Jim Lathan

Try the command in terminal, if it returns without go for it

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 5:17 PM Tom Corcoran <tcorcoran@...> wrote:
tnx for speedy response .

so, instead of my macro ending with "restart mmdvmb.service" should I use "restart MMDVM_Bridge" ?
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

I can graze on winscp, but please ... where is file?
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

I'm going to guess you want mmdvm_bridge.service it is in /lib/systemd/system
That being said, you should not need to touch the service file. Just rename MMDVM_Bridge.amd64 to MMDVM_Bridge

Steve N4IRS

On 11/29/19 7:14 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
I can graze on winscp, but please ... where is file?
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

I have tried
systemctl restart /lib/systemd/system/mmdvm_bridge.service

as well as
/lib/systemd/system/mmdvm_bridge.service restart

and system doesn't restart to reset the MMDVM_Bridge.ini file. Macro makes the change but does not restart. Am I missing something?

tnx ... Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

You don't need the full path
systemctl status mmdvm_bridge
systemctl start mmdvm_bridge
ststemctl stop mmdvm_bridge
systemctl enable mmdvm_bridge

What is the result of systemctl status mmdvm_bridge?
what is the result (not just it did not work) of systemctl start mmdvm_bridge?
what is the result of ls /lib/systemd/system/mmdvm_bridge.service?

On 11/30/19 7:28 AM, Tom Corcoran wrote:

I have tried
systemctl restart /lib/systemd/system/mmdvm_bridge.service

as well as
/lib/systemd/system/mmdvm_bridge.service restart

and system doesn't restart to reset the MMDVM_Bridge.ini file. Macro makes the change but does not restart. Am I missing something?

tnx ... Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Dropped full path and now all is working as intended. Cloud instance of DVS supporting YSF, P25 and DMR (BM, TGIF and QRM).

tnx for help .-- Tom VE3NY