More weird testing

Steve N4IRS

Just because,
We are ALPHA testing a software only P25 to analog bridge. For now it is connected to the North America MMDVM P25 reflector and outputting analog on AllStar node 2600 and Echolink N4IRS-L
It is receive ONLY. There is still a lot of work to do.

Steve N4IRS, Milke N4IRR

--
"What is IMBE_Bridge?"

Michael KD5DFB

Steve,

Can you share any details??

Michael KD5DFB

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:57 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Just because,
We are ALPHA testing a software only P25 to analog bridge. For now it is connected to the North America MMDVM P25 reflector and outputting analog on AllStar node 2600 and Echolink N4IRS-L
It is receive ONLY. There is still a lot of work to do.

Steve N4IRS, Milke N4IRR

--
"What is IMBE_Bridge?"

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

I have been working on an update to Analog_Bridge to support IMBE as well as AMBE (72 and 49 bit versions).  A new data type was created to support the P25 audio stream.   I have also created some prototype code to support the P25 network.  This appears as a standard partner application just like IPSC_Bridge and HB_Bridge.  It will be called IMBE_Bridge.  The code is working well and I have had several QSOs on the P25 North American reflector in "dongle mode".  The code is rough, but is looking like we will have another possible digital parter before too long.

Mike

Steve N4IRS

Edited

As of this morning IMBE_Bridge is running in 2 way mode. In other words, full transceive. ASL <---> MMDVM P25 Network. It is connected to ASL node 2600. This is still early code. Some cleanup is still left to do.
I will leave it in transceive on The NA TG 10200 while I ma monitoring it. If I am going to be away from the console I'll put it in receive only. We do not want to put out noise on the most popular P25 reflector

Steve

Bob kc2cwt

Very nice ... thank for all your time and hard work on this ..

KC2CWT
Bob Schneider
kc2cwt@...
(914)497-5502

-----Original Message-----
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Sent: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] More weird testing

[Edited Message Follows]

As of this morning IMBE_Bridge is running in 2 way mode. In other words, full transceive. ASL <---> MMDVM P25 Network. It is connected to ASL node 2600. This is still early code. Some cleanup is still left to do.
I will leave it in transceive on The NA TG 10200 while I ma monitoring it. If I am going to be away from the console I'll put it in receive only. We do not want to put out noise on the most popular P25 reflector

Steve

Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...>

Steve,

Not sure if your looking for input, but I was listening to Steve K4KSA on P25. His audio sounded a little over driven. I assume he was on analog??? Maybe it was the audio he was putting in on his side.

So far pretty good, I was listening from my end on Allstar, but I dropped the link because "everything" I got going here, a zello user on my end got in and I just didn't want to add that layer of confusion.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com

On Nov 27, 2017 8:14 AM, "Bob kc2cwt" <kc2cwt@...> wrote:

KC2CWT
Bob Schneider
kc2cwt@...
(914)497-5502

[Edited Message Follows]

Steve

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

I was on DMR, and I have been told my radio has always sounded robust or hot….However I do know there is a lot of audio processing going on from DMR<>Allstar<>P25……

Steve

From: DVSwitch@groups.io [mailto:DVSwitch@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob N1XBM
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 11:59 AM

Steve,

Not sure if your looking for input, but I was listening to Steve K4KSA on P25. His audio sounded a little over driven. I assume he was on analog??? Maybe it was the audio he was putting in on his side.

So far pretty good, I was listening from my end on Allstar, but I dropped the link because "everything" I got going here, a zello user on my end got in and I just didn't want to add that layer of confusion.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare

KC2CWT
Bob Schneider
kc2cwt@...
(914)497-5502

[Edited Message Follows]

Steve

Steve N4IRS

Bob,
Thanks for the input, that's what I heard as well. Steve was on DMR, so it was DMR <---> ASL <---> P25
We have to do more testing of ASL ---> P25 to get the audio dialed in. There are also some code changes that need to be tested.

Thanks for the report.

Steve

On 11/27/2017 11:58 AM, Bob N1XBM wrote:
Steve,

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare

KC2CWT
Bob Schneider
kc2cwt@...
(914)497-5502

[Edited Message Follows]

Steve

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Bob,
Analog_Bridge has several audio shaping methods available (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN). The initial P25 code ad this turned off, but we can now use these to help get the audio levels correct from ASL to P25. Ideally, I would like for the AGC to be used as it will help limit the loud users but the algorithm I am using seems to pump more than I would like it to. We will keep working to get the levels and quality right, but it will take time.

Mike