Topics

Multiple instances of Bridge

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

Hi All,
    Some how I think I accidentally unsubscribed from the group a couple of months ago (I was trying to unsub from another list and I think I wasn't paying attention). Anyway...

    So when last I was on the list, I vaguely remember someone asking if it was possible to run multiple bridges on one machine.

    Situation: I have one bridge running for a private node for me to connect easily from work for one of my local clubs DMR TG. I am hosting the Allstar node for another club I am with and want to bridge that to our (another) DMR TG. The problem: Both nodes are on the same machine. Basically I need to run two copies of the three programs on the same machine. For whatever reason, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this one and am afraid I am over thinking it. Does anyone do this and how easy is it? Why am I having brain vapor lock?

     Thanks much!
          Jeff

Steve N4IRS

Jeff,
Welcome back.
You are correct, Since you are adding a second DMR TG, you will need a second copy of MMDVM_Bridge, Analog_Bridge, and md380-emu. You will need to edit the port numbers on the 3 programs to avoid port conflicts.
We are discussing alleviating the requirement but This will be a MAJOR revision to all the involved programs.

Steve N4IRS

On 09/10/2018 09:51 AM, Jeff Lehman, KC8QCH wrote:
[...]

Michael Weaver - AC2VK

Hello,

I just created an Allstar DMR bridge using the how to guide which was great.  This is really neat stuff!

If I want to setup another private node for Dstar I just create another set of folders with the executables and ini files? This second instance will load on startup?

I understand how the ports will need to be configured but I need more details on the multiple instances.

Thank you,
Mike AC2VK

KB5PBM

Below I am running 3 dmr links from allstar
  You have to set environment variables each time you execute otherwise it uses the same dvswitch.ini file.

This is my rc.local at startup

/root/md380-emu -S 2470 &
/root/md380-emu -S 2471 &
/root/md380-emu -S 2472 &

/root/DMR/Analog_Bridge/Analog_Bridge.ARM /etc/Analog_Bridg
.ini &
/root/DMR/Analog_Bridge/Analog_Bridge.ARM /etc/Analog_Bridg
2.ini &
/root/DMR/Analog_Bridge/Analog_Bridge.ARM /etc/Analog_Bridg
3.ini &

DVSWITCH=/etc/DVSwitch1.ini /root/DMR/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Br
dge.armhf /etc/MMDVM_Bridge1.ini &
DVSWITCH=/etc/DVSwitch2.ini /root/DMR/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Br
dge.armhf /etc/MMDVM_Bridge2.ini &
DVSWITCH=/etc/DVSwitch3.ini /root/DMR/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Br
dge.armhf /etc/MMDVM_Bridge3.ini &

Michael Weaver - AC2VK

Awesome. I'll give this a shot. Thank you!

kpappa@...

Question : I'm successfully installed two instances of DVSwitch but I need to know, how may I have two different dashboards for those two instances ?

May I change the default web port for the second instance ?