Topics

need to find a way to link hblink or ysf or mmdvmbridge to wires x room

swinger72@...

hi .I run hblink  ysfref and wires x room. i know taht bm are able to bridge dmr2wires x room. but for my network i would like to make my own bridge between wires x and ysf or hblink  or watherver. )except using openspot thats what im doing right now )in the moment the problem was when bm fail i lost my link between ysf and wires x. anybody find a way to bridge wires x directly to one  of the open sources like ysfrefl or something like that ?
73 Sylvain ve2tbu

My system is like this.

                                                  - MMDVM_Bridge - YSFReflector
wires-x - openspot2 (dmr)  - xlx  - Brandmeister
                                                   - MMDVM_Bridge - DMR+
                                                   - Hblink3
                                                                 - MMDVM_Bridge  - Analog_Bridge - Allstarlink - Echolink
                                                                 - MMDVM_Bridge  - Analog_Bridge -Dvswitch mobile

I have found this setup to be the most stable. Audio quality back and fourth from all networks are great.

David Ranch

Hello Ernie,

I'd like to get something like this working as well (no interest in using the YSF side of things per se) so I'm very interested in this thread.

Your diagram didn't seem to render correctly for me here but are you saying you're connecting to a WiresX room using an OpenSpot2?  It also looks like you're going between WiresX and BrandMiester via D-star.  That means you're unnecessarily transcoding across different versions of the AMBE codec which will create a loss of audio fidelity.  Is there any way to keep all this within the native AMBE codec version so the audio between the WiresX and DMR universes as good as possible?

--David
KI6ZHD

On 02/07/2020 04:33 AM, Ernie Gm7kbk wrote:
My system is like this.

                                                  - MMDVM_Bridge - YSFReflector
wires-x - openspot2 (dmr)  - xlx  - Brandmeister
                                                   - MMDVM_Bridge - DMR+
                                                   - Hblink3
                                                                 - MMDVM_Bridge  - Analog_Bridge - Allstarlink - Echolink
                                                                 - MMDVM_Bridge  - Analog_Bridge -Dvswitch mobile

I have found this setup to be the most stable. Audio quality back and fourth from all networks are great.

Hello Brandmeister is a direct link to XLX .

Bring in Dmr plus using two MB plus Dmrgateway to swap from slot 1 to 2.
One instance of MB for ysf to dmr.
Hblink connects to XLX.

Peanut and Dstar via ambed XLX

[...]

Gary, KE8O

Hi Erine,

How many end points do you typically have on your network using this configuration? How is the audio level balance between DMR and YSF? Do you experience and issue with Brandmeister user block message?

This is my setup.
Wires-X - OpenSpot 1 (YSF)
                                   MMDVM_Bridge YSF to DMR (BM)

The DMR audio is ~ 30% louder then YSF, audio. We probably experience the BrandMeister User Blocked message a few times per week.

73,
...Gary, KE8O

We have on average 26 connections on Wires-X, 40 YSF, no visibility into the number of users on DMR.

.

Hello Gary

I don't see any user blocked messages on Brandmeister.
Audio can be controlled by getting users to adjust their settings. Most have there mic gain turned up for c4fm. And most users here have Chinese radios for dmr which are not to loud. Anybody comming into the system with a commercial radio will soon be told to back off the mic.
XLX controls the audio from Dstar and Dmr.

Total users change from day to day.
40 nodes or gateways on wires-x
70 on fcs
70 on Ysf
30 on dmr

We have also got peanut, zello, teamspeak, allstar and echolink all connected. The audio from these links can be quite good depending on what equipment is being used.

How many end points do you typically have on your network using this configuration? How is the audio level balance between DMR and YSF? Do you experience and issue with Brandmeister user block message?

This is my setup.
Wires-X - OpenSpot 1 (YSF)
                                   MMDVM_Bridge YSF to DMR (BM)

The DMR audio is ~ 30% louder then YSF, audio. We probably experience the BrandMeister User Blocked message a few times per week.

73,
...Gary, KE8O

We have on average 26 connections on Wires-X, 40 YSF, no visibility into the number of users on DMR.

.

Steve N4IRS

Gary,
Thanks for reminding me about the audio level problem. The issue kinda dropped off our radar. I know Mike is reading this and we will at least get this back on the list to investigate.

Steve N4IRS

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

How many end points do you typically have on your network using this configuration? How is the audio level balance between DMR and YSF? Do you experience and issue with Brandmeister user block message?

This is my setup.
Wires-X - OpenSpot 1 (YSF)
                                   MMDVM_Bridge YSF to DMR (BM)

The DMR audio is ~ 30% louder then YSF, audio. We probably experience the BrandMeister User Blocked message a few times per week.

73,
...Gary, KE8O

We have on average 26 connections on Wires-X, 40 YSF, no visibility into the number of users on DMR.

.

Gary, KE8O

Ernie,

Thanks for your response. What is the reason behind using the OpenSpot 2 to bridge your WiresX to DMR vs YSF?  Our random BM user blocked message is our biggest annoyance because once it starts it follows any transmissions on the room until we stop the bridge or there is an hour without a activity. We have one user who triggers it anytime they key up.

73,
...Gary, KE8O

Gary, KE8O

Steve,

Thanks for getting it back on the radar. If I had to prioritize the two issues I’m experiencing it would be 1) minimum TX duration setting in MB (to stop our random BM user block message) and 2) DMR audio level difference.

73,
...Gary

Hello Gary

Wires-x  to openspot2 to xlx works. C4fm to Dmr.

Wires-x to modified MMDVM_Host to Ysfreflector works. Works great until someone transmits with the x button still enable on there radio.

Wires-x  to Fcs Reflector using openspot works.

Ysf to Dmr. Use MMDVM_Bridge.

You think you have problems with Brandmeister wait till you link wires-x  into the system. For two years everything was fine until most software wants to use the wires-x

Thanks for getting it back on the radar. If I had to prioritize the two issues I’m experiencing it would be 1) minimum TX duration setting in MB (to stop our random BM user block message) and 2) DMR audio level difference.

73,
...Gary

Hello Gary
Pressed the send button.

Lots of software wants to use the wires-x  button to change rooms. This has caused endless problems.

Thanks for getting it back on the radar. If I had to prioritize the two issues I’m experiencing it would be 1) minimum TX duration setting in MB (to stop our random BM user block message) and 2) DMR audio level difference.

73,
...Gary

Paul on6dp

Hallo,

ME TOO I’m interested

Paul, ON6DP

Thanks for your response. What is the reason behind using the OpenSpot 2 to bridge your WiresX to DMR vs YSF?  Our random BM user blocked message is our biggest annoyance because once it starts it follows any transmissions on the room until we stop the bridge or there is an hour without a activity. We have one user who triggers it anytime they key up.

73,
...Gary, KE8O

Gary, KE8O

Ernie

We get the occasional new hotspot user pressing the WiRESX button causing our WiRESX node software doing the bridging to crash and restart.  For use that is somewhat painless and only affects the bridge traffic between YSF to WiRESX  for about 2 seconds gap. I like your method of going to DMR to strip off those WiREX control characters from the data stream. However, I suspect you also loose the GPS data as well. So those running Fusion to Fusion across the bridge with GPS no longer see distance or callsign/name. Is bridging DMR  to XLX dependent on the BM network or is it self supporting? M

...Gary

Hello Gary

You can use Xlx or Hblink without BM.
If connecting ysf to dmr you loose gps. Most people have dmr ids.

Ernie

We get the occasional new hotspot user pressing the WiRESX button causing our WiRESX node software doing the bridging to crash and restart.  For use that is somewhat painless and only affects the bridge traffic between YSF to WiRESX  for about 2 seconds gap. I like your method of going to DMR to strip off those WiREX control characters from the data stream. However, I suspect you also loose the GPS data as well. So those running Fusion to Fusion across the bridge with GPS no longer see distance or callsign/name. Is bridging DMR  to XLX dependent on the BM network or is it self supporting? M

...Gary

David

For now we are using a hotspot connected to a ysf reflector and a wiresx node running in simplex and low power dummy load to join them.