NEW to HBlink and python

Guillaume Larouche <va2na@...>

Hello group,

i am quite active in dmr and a want to explore HBlink but my skill are limited in Python use..

I run python 2.7 in raspbian and also on a debian machine and on each one when i try to load hblink.py i got this :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./hblink.py", line 38, in <module>
    from bitstring import BitArray
ImportError: No module named bitstring
root@vps174118:/HBlink#

I try to install python-bitarray with no luck...

Newbies need your help please :)

Guillaume

Steve N4IRS

Make sure you also installed dmr_utils https://github.com/n0mjs710/dmr_utils
Run the install.sh script.

73, Steve N4IRS

Guillaume Larouche <va2na@...>

Hi steve,

i got this error trying to install dmr_utils

Downloading/unpacking bitarray (from dmr-utils==0.1.8)
  Cannot fetch index base URL http://pypi.python.org/simple/
  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement bitarray (from dmr-utils==0.1.8)
No distributions at all found for bitarray (from dmr-utils==0.1.8)
Storing complete log in /root/.pip/pip.log

Guillaume

Steve N4IRS

Guillaume,
I just ran the install.sh script on Raspbian Stretch without error. I suggest you check your DNS (ping http://pypi.python.org) I would also make sure your other packages are up to date. (apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade)
Both suggestions are rather simplistic. Maybe someone else can weigh in.

73, Steve N4IRS

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 06:22 pm, Steve N4IRS wrote:
I suggest you check your DNS (ping http://pypi.python.org

Hi Steve, sorry for the delay,

I juste cheked on my VPS and for an unknow reason...the VPS can't reach pyton.org.  VPS is in a big data center... will check and let you know.

I will try locally on a RPI .

Thank for your help

Guillaume Larouche <va2na@...>

Problem was VPS issue...a put new image of debian jessy and all is running now...

Time to play with HBlink

STeve, is the parrot is running per default?  in the csv it look like to be set on TG 9998, an not private call...it is the case ?

Steve N4IRS

No, the parrot is not installed by default, you will have to configure it. See the config for your options on how to run it.

Steve