Topics

NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

Chris K7AZ

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Chris K7AZ

Thanks Steve :)

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Chris K7AZ

I'm stuck at:
Time to test
Run MMDVM_Bridge in the foreground.  HOW?

Also, do ports 62031 and 62032 need to be forwarded?

Thanks,
Chris K7AZ

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Steve N4IRS

It is the netx line in the document.

Time to test

Run MMDVM_Bridge in the foreground

./MMDVM_Bridge MMDVM_Bridge.ini

No, the ports do not need to be forwarded.

On 7/29/19 11:47 PM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
I'm stuck at:
Time to test
Run MMDVM_Bridge in the foreground.  HOW?

Also, do ports 62031 and 62032 need to be forwarded?

Thanks,
Chris K7AZ

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Chris K7AZ

I'm entering that at the root level and it just says:
bash: ./MMDVM_Bridge: No such file or directory.

Maybe I'm at the wrong level?

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Steve N4IRS

You should be in /opt/MMDVM_Bridge directory.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

I'm entering that at the root level and it just says:
bash: ./MMDVM_Bridge: No such file or directory.

Maybe I'm at the wrong level?

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Chris K7AZ

I kinda knew I was missing something simple... that was it.. thank you.  :)

You should be in /opt/MMDVM_Bridge directory.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

I'm entering that at the root level and it just says:
bash: ./MMDVM_Bridge: No such file or directory.

Maybe I'm at the wrong level?

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Steve N4IRS

MMDVM_Bridge is the program that connects to BrandMeister. Let’s check it’s status:

systemctl status mmdvm_bridge

root@repeater:/etc/asterisk# systemctl status mmdvm_bridge

● mmdvm_bridge.service - MMDVM_Bridge Service

   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mmdvm_bridge.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

   Active: inactive (dead)

You will see the status of the mmdvm_bridge service

Good, MMDVM_Bridge is not running though it is enabled, meaning it will start at boot.

Change directory to /opt/MMDVM_Bridge

cd /opt/MMDVM_Bridge ß-----------------------------------------------

Let’s see what files are in the directory /opt/MMDVM_Bridge

ls

root@repeater:/etc/asterisk# cd /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/

root@repeater:/opt/MMDVM_Bridge# ls

DVSwitch.ini  MMDVM_Bridge  MMDVM_Bridge.ini

root@repeater:/opt/MMDVM_Bridge#

You will see the program and it’s two configuration files.

From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>

Date: 7/29/19 08:42 (GMT-08:00)

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Steve N4IRS

The howto is a step by step. You should follow each step. The document had you CD to the directory before editing the .ini file.

From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>

Date: 7/29/19 08:42 (GMT-08:00)

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Chris K7AZ

I'm now able to see the foreground running of MMDVM_Bridge.
It appears log-in to Master Failed.
BM does not show 310689107.
I set it to connect to 3103.repeater.net.

Open to further hints :)
Thank you, Chris K7AZ

From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>

Date: 7/29/19 08:42 (GMT-08:00)

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Steve N4IRS

Chris,

Since I can't look over your sholder, please post your [DMR] and [DMR Network] stanzas from MMDVM_Bridge.ini

From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>

Date: 7/29/19 08:42 (GMT-08:00)

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Chris K7AZ

See attached images.  I also have TeamView if that helps.

From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>

Date: 7/29/19 08:42 (GMT-08:00)

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Steve N4IRS

Looks OK.
can you ping 3103.repeater.net?

Chris,
Before you reply please read this:
<https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/wiki/Help%21>

Steve N4IRS

From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>

Date: 7/29/19 08:42 (GMT-08:00)

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Chris K7AZ

Hi Steve, I read that wiki before I even started and just now read again.   I really appreciate your help and hope to mentor others achieve success once it's all working.

Yes, it can ping 3103.repeater.net with 18.5 ms avg response.

From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>

Date: 7/29/19 08:42 (GMT-08:00)

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Steve N4IRS

OK,
So can you copy and paste the log where MMDVM_Bridge is trying to log in?

From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>

Date: 7/29/19 08:42 (GMT-08:00)

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Chris K7AZ

I am pretty sure the problem was BM HotSpot Security.  I disabled that and now getting successful log-in's but a minute later it says Log-on has failed.... screen shot attached.

From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>

Date: 7/29/19 08:42 (GMT-08:00)

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Chris K7AZ

My first DMR traffic.  :)
Still getting master time out msg..

From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>

Date: 7/29/19 08:42 (GMT-08:00)

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/29/2019 11:34 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:

Seeking assistance setting up an ASL to DMR interface.  Platform is a private VM server.   I have an ASL node set up 29837 and I'm about 70% into the DMR transcoder part when things started to not cooperate.  TeamViewer available.
Evenings 6-8 PM CA time is best for me.

Thank you,
Chris K7AZ

Looks like you are trying to log into BM Dashboard.
Put in the correct IP for whatever BM server you want to connect to.
Also password should be passw1rd