Topics

NXDN not passing thru to Dstar

Kevin Halton

I have had my bridge up and running for a few years now with little to no issues. Recently (yesterday) I happened to notice that nxdn is not passing traffic to dstar. It is passing dstar to nxdn with no issues. Nxdn does pass thru Asl,dmr,fusion, and P25 with no issues. I have not made any changes and have tried rebooting the ambe server, XLX server, and the ASL bridge with no results. NXDN is linked thru BM I can see it up on the BM master page.

Any thoughts?

Steve N4IRS

Do you have anything else bridged to D-Star? If so, does it pass traffic?

Steve N4IRS

On 3/22/20 7:06 PM, Kevin Halton wrote:
I have had my bridge up and running for a few years now with little to no issues. Recently (yesterday) I happened to notice that nxdn is not passing traffic to dstar. It is passing dstar to nxdn with no issues. Nxdn does pass thru Asl,dmr,fusion, and P25 with no issues. I have not made any changes and have tried rebooting the ambe server, XLX server, and the ASL bridge with no results. NXDN is linked thru BM I can see it up on the BM master page.

Any thoughts?

Kevin Halton

Yes,

The system has asl-dmr-p25-dstar-Nxdn-ysf. Both nxdn and Dstar   Dstarflow thru all the modes including Nxdn. Nxdn flows thru all modes EXCEPT dstar. 

Hope this makes sense. 

On Mar 22, 2020, at 7:46 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Steve N4IRS

Any thoughts?

Steve N4IRS

What modes bridge to D-Star?

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Kevin Halton <Khalton@...>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 8:09:17 PM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io <main@dvswitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NXDN not passing thru to Dstar

Yes,

The system has asl-dmr-p25-dstar-Nxdn-ysf. Both nxdn and Dstar   Dstarflow thru all the modes including Nxdn. Nxdn flows thru all modes EXCEPT dstar. 

Hope this makes sense. 

On Mar 22, 2020, at 7:46 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Steve N4IRS

Any thoughts?

Kevin Halton

DMR

Steve N4IRS

Does DMR bridge properly in both directions?

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Kevin Halton <Khalton@...>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 8:45:19 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>

DMR

Kevin Halton

Yes audio passes fine in all modes both directions except for NXDN. NXDN does not pass thru Dstar only.

Steve N4IRS

You have all modes bridged to D-Star? That would mean 4 instances of Analog_Bridge. Is that correct?

Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 9:23:46 AM

Yes audio passes fine in all modes both directions except for NXDN. NXDN does not pass thru Dstar only.

Kevin Halton

Yes, Everything passes fine 

On Mar 23, 2020, at 1:05 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

DMR

Steve N4IRS

In NXDNGateway.ini:
[Network]
HostsFile1=/var/lib/mmdvm/NXDNHosts.txt
HostsFile2=/var/lib/mmdvm/private_NXDNHosts.txt

Verify the hostfiles are current and have actual content.
I would also look at the ircddbgateway log when a signal is coming in from NXDN and see what the log says. I would also look at the MMDVM_Bridge log and the Analog_Bridge log.

My guess is NXDN is not resolving a NXDN ID to a callsign which D-Star needs.

Steve N4IRS 

On 3/23/2020 1:31 PM, Kevin Halton wrote:
Yes, Everything passes fine 

On Mar 23, 2020, at 1:05 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

DMR

Kevin Halton

This is what my NXDNGateway.ini looks like

NXDNgateway.ini

[Network]
Port=14050
HostsFile1=./NXDNHosts.txt
HostsFile2=./private/NXDNHosts.txt
ReloadTime=60
ParrotAddress=127.0.0.1
ParrotPort=42021
NXDN2DMRAddress=127.0.0.1
NXDN2DMRPort=42022

When I go to /var/lib/mmdvm I  do not have NXDNHosts.txt or private_NXDNHosts.txt listed. There is a NXDN.csv only. In /opt/XDNGatewayhere is a NXDNHosts.txt and the talkgroup I am trying to access is listed.

Kevin Halton

I have one instance of Analog_Bridge.ini running. I have 3 instances of MMDVM_Bridge.ini running and 3 DVSwitch.ini running
DVSwitch.ini
DVSwitch.ini.DMR
DVSwitch.ini.NXDN
MMDVM_Bridge.ini
MMDVM_Bridge.ini.DMR
MMDVM_Bridge.ini.NXDN

Steve N4IRS

Sorry,
Wrong pointer.
In MMDVM_Bridge.ini:

[NXDN Id Lookup]
File=/var/lib/mmdvm/NXDN.csv
Time=24

Verify the userfile is current and has actual content. This is where MB looks up a user.
I would also look at the ircddbgateway log when a signal is coming in from NXDN and see what the log says. I would also look at the MMDVM_Bridge log and the Analog_Bridge log.

My guess is NXDN is not resolving a NXDN ID to a callsign which D-Star needs.

Steve N4IRS 

On 3/23/20 5:57 PM, Kevin Halton wrote:
This is what my NXDNGateway.ini looks like

NXDNgateway.ini

[Network]
Port=14050
HostsFile1=./NXDNHosts.txt
HostsFile2=./private/NXDNHosts.txt
ReloadTime=60
ParrotAddress=127.0.0.1
ParrotPort=42021
NXDN2DMRAddress=127.0.0.1
NXDN2DMRPort=42022

When I go to /var/lib/mmdvm I  do not have NXDNHosts.txt or private_NXDNHosts.txt listed. There is a NXDN.csv only. In /opt/XDNGatewayhere is a NXDNHosts.txt and the talkgroup I am trying to access is listed.

Kevin Halton

MMDVM and DVswitch logs both show the proper headers being passed. When I keyup with NXDN radio I see my ID# and when I keyup with Dstar I see my callsign going to the correct TG.

Steve N4IRS

Your caall sign should be passed to D-Star

On 3/23/20 7:47 PM, Kevin Halton wrote:
MMDVM and DVswitch logs both show the proper headers being passed. When I keyup with NXDN radio I see my ID# and when I keyup with Dstar I see my callsign going to the correct TG.

Steve N4IRS

Show a snip of your life when transmitting from NXDN ALL the way through to ircddbgateway.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 7:47:03 PM

Kevin Halton

It appears to have corrected itself. Tried this morning and audio passing thru all modes! THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!