NXDNReflector with DVSwitch

JJ Cummings

Maybe I am losing my mind (ideally) but I can't seem to get DVSwitch to connect to an instance of NXDNReflector on localhost.  tcpdump against lo shows zero attempted connections when the service starts.  I do have the [NXDN] and [NXDN Network] set to enable and the NXDNReflector is running locally on the same system.. the GatewayPort matches the [Network] Port=41400 in the NXDNReflector.ini configuration.  I am able to connect to the NXDNReflector from an outside host to the given port and I can see that all interfaces are listening on udp:0.0.0.0:41400

I do have YSF also enabled in the same DVSwitch configuration, but have tried to disable it also with the same results, I never see any connection attempts from DVSwitch to NXDNReflector... any ideas or pointers would be appreciated for sure at this point!

N0PKT
JJC

Steve N4IRS

Are you running NXDNGateway?

JJ Cummings

I am not, I’m doing what I have with YSFReflector that works.. so

NXDNReflector <-> DVSwitch <-> Analog_Bridge

Where DVSwitch of course makes the outbound connections to either side etc..

Sent from the iRoad

On Dec 13, 2018, at 23:47, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Are you running NXDNGateway?

Steve N4IRS

OK,
Yes it works with YSF. No it does not work with NXDN. You need NXDNGateway.

On 12/14/2018 9:09 AM, JJ Cummings wrote:
I am not, I’m doing what I have with YSFReflector that works.. so

NXDNReflector <-> DVSwitch <-> Analog_Bridge

Where DVSwitch of course makes the outbound connections to either side etc..

Sent from the iRoad

On Dec 13, 2018, at 23:47, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Are you running NXDNGateway?

JJ Cummings

So how do I tie NXDNGateway into DVSwitch, I don't even see packets sourcing from DVSwitch toward anything... I'll try it with NXDNGateway in between such as follows and see what happens:

NXDNReflector <-> NXDNGateway <-> DVSwitch etc....

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 7:28 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
OK,
Yes it works with YSF. No it does not work with NXDN. You need NXDNGateway.

On 12/14/2018 9:09 AM, JJ Cummings wrote:
I am not, I’m doing what I have with YSFReflector that works.. so

NXDNReflector <-> DVSwitch <-> Analog_Bridge

Where DVSwitch of course makes the outbound connections to either side etc..

Sent from the iRoad

On Dec 13, 2018, at 23:47, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Are you running NXDNGateway?

Steve N4IRS

MMDVM_Bridge <-> NXDN_Gateway <-> NXDN Reflector

On 12/14/2018 9:36 AM, JJ Cummings wrote:
So how do I tie NXDNGateway into DVSwitch, I don't even see packets sourcing from DVSwitch toward anything... I'll try it with NXDNGateway in between such as follows and see what happens:

NXDNReflector <-> NXDNGateway <-> DVSwitch etc....

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 7:28 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
OK,
Yes it works with YSF. No it does not work with NXDN. You need NXDNGateway.

On 12/14/2018 9:09 AM, JJ Cummings wrote:
I am not, I’m doing what I have with YSFReflector that works.. so

NXDNReflector <-> DVSwitch <-> Analog_Bridge

Where DVSwitch of course makes the outbound connections to either side etc..

Sent from the iRoad

On Dec 13, 2018, at 23:47, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Are you running NXDNGateway?

Steve N4IRS

If I remember, the defaults in MMDVM_Bridge.ini and the defaults in NXDN_Gateway match up fine.

On 12/14/2018 9:36 AM, JJ Cummings wrote:
So how do I tie NXDNGateway into DVSwitch, I don't even see packets sourcing from DVSwitch toward anything... I'll try it with NXDNGateway in between such as follows and see what happens:

NXDNReflector <-> NXDNGateway <-> DVSwitch etc....

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 7:28 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
OK,
Yes it works with YSF. No it does not work with NXDN. You need NXDNGateway.

On 12/14/2018 9:09 AM, JJ Cummings wrote:
I am not, I’m doing what I have with YSFReflector that works.. so

NXDNReflector <-> DVSwitch <-> Analog_Bridge

Where DVSwitch of course makes the outbound connections to either side etc..

Sent from the iRoad

On Dec 13, 2018, at 23:47, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Are you running NXDNGateway?

JJ Cummings

You are correct sir... I had to undo all of the things that I had monkeyed with to try and make it work before and now it works perfectly!

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 7:50 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

Who da thunk it.
Yes, NXDN, D-Star and P25 REQUIRE a gateway.
DMR does not need one.
YSF can use one and it does bring features to the table.

Mike and I have discussed removing the need for P25 and maybe NXDN. We have not decided yet.

Glad I was able to help you get it going.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/14/18 5:20 PM, JJ Cummings wrote:
[...]

I think that it works well, I need to adjust levels to get the audio a bit cleaner <-> ASL, of course I suspect there is only so much that can be done when emulating, but for emulation it’s decent.   I’d love to help out with dev when I have time but I’m swamped now with ASL work and real life pay the bills work.

Sent from the iRoad