Topics

OpenBridge Craziness - need some thoughts

JJ Cummings

I have been troubleshooting a broken OB for a while now and see this in the logs

INFO 2020-01-02 11:28:08,480 (OBP-3103) *TIME OUT*   STREAM ID: 92891814 SUB: 3141379 PEER: 310885350 TGID: 310815 TS 1 Duration: 3.05

The OB folks say that they see password mismatch errors on their side but we have confirmed that the passwords match.  I'm wondering if it isn't some weird library issue or what.. but it basically started happening 35 or so days ago.. lol what fun I'm having.  I have captured traffic throughout the network to make sure the packets are making it out.... any thoughts are welcome!

JJC

Cort N0MJS

DELETE the password line in your configuration and type the whole thing again. No copy and paste. If the other end is OPB have them do the same thing. Copy/paste can introduce non-printing characters that get sent.

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501

JJ Cummings

Done and done - same results but I did ask the BM folks to re-enter it, typing it manually... I wonder if there isn't something weird happening where the packets are being modified somewhere in the network, though I have poured over that...

JJC

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 11:53 AM Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

And you tried changing it to something else as well,

On Jan 2, 2020, at 1:10 PM, JJ Cummings <cummingsj@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve N4IRS

Do I remember correctly a case issue with the OB password. I THINK I had a mixed case PW and it would not work until we made it lower case. YMMV

On 1/2/2020 2:32 PM, Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

Email me directly the 7 digit if used for the connection and the password and I will check.

Corey n3fe

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 2:10 PM JJ Cummings <cummingsj@...> wrote:
[...]

By change you didn’t change the I’d in that section where the password is did you?  That will also create the issue.

Corey n3fe

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 3:08 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

No only the password... standby

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 3:30 PM Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:
[...]

I received your info.  Before I made any changes, I pointed 3103 to look at a test hblink I had up and used your ID and password you provided for me and it came right up.  I also saw traffic.

The only thing to me that looks different is you added a 192.168.x.x in the ip: area.  Please remove that and restart the service.  Let me know if that worked for you.

Corey  N3FE

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 6:22 PM JJ Cummings <cummingsj@...> wrote:
[...]

I have tried it both ways.. same results unfortunately... I don't even know if all of the packets are making it, I think that there is something funky in-between happening to the packets.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 4:55 PM Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:
[...]

tcpdump host 3103.repeater.net

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 7:06 PM JJ Cummings <cummingsj@...> wrote:
[...]

yeah the packets are all making it out of the RPI for sure I've looked at that a bunch

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 5:08 PM Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:
[...]

You are also receiving them?  The up hasn’t changed?

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 7:09 PM JJ Cummings <cummingsj@...> wrote:
[...]

IP has not changed.. but I don't see the packets coming in on the outside of my firewall when I TCPDUMP there so I dunno what the heck