From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of IK7VXC Mike <gammaproject@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 4:09:08 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] Orange PI ?

Hi,
given that the Raspberry PIs prices have lately skyrocketed I wonder if DVS may run on Orange Pi as well. Probably not, but an answer will be reassuring.
Thank you

Mike IK7VXC

IK7VXC Mike

Thanks Steve. Just to dispel any doubt, will this one work?
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B085MH1FNG/?coliid=I16HIEOAX6DU6M&colid=W3LS7C7VUVT5&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Steve N4IRS

I would say yes. I don't have a zero to test on. Check if it's supported on Armbian site. If it can run 32 bit Armbian, it should run.

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

Thanks Steve. Just to dispel any doubt, will this one work?
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B085MH1FNG/?coliid=I16HIEOAX6DU6M&colid=W3LS7C7VUVT5&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

IK7VXC Mike

Edited

Alright. On the Armbian site it says the Orange Pi Zero 2 is supported. However the cpu is Allwinner H616 64-bit high-performance Quad-core Cortex-A53 processor. This is a 64-bit processor. Will DVS run the same? Will the system be sluggish running at 32 bit?
Thanks

Steve N4IRS

On 3/29/22 05:01, IK7VXC Mike wrote:
Alright. On the Armbian site it says the Orange Pi Zero 2 is supported. However the cpu is Allwinner H616 64-bit high-performance Quad-core Cortex-A53 processor. This is a 64-bit processor. Will DVS run the same. Will the system be sluggish running at 32 bit?
Thanks

IK7VXC Mike

Ooops, sorry, my bad. So I guess I can go with the Orange Pi zero (the price is reasonable). Hope the system will run smoothly just the same. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you Steve