Our ability to support connectivity to TGIF.network

Steve N4IRS

I have been informed that TGIF is moving from their legacy server to their prime server. The way I understand it, with the prime server comes selfcare and setting a hotspot password. When I tried to signup for prime I was unable to since the e-mail address I used to apply did not match the e-mail address listed on qrz.com. Since I could not get an account, I will not be able to test access to TGIF in the future. This does NOT mean we will no longer be supporting TGIF, it just means we will be unable to test / troubleshoot. I hope the does not cause anyone a problem in the future.

Steve N4IRS

Jason - WY7JT

They're just going to redirect traffic from the legacy server to the new server and temporarily disable the mandatory password of the beta server, so it won't affect users at switch over. I believe they'll eventually want you to set up a password. They're finishing up the TG dashboard which will give TG owners complete control over their TG, and then make the switch. What's neat is as a TG owner you'll be able to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't negatively impact the server. So kind of a libre version of Brandmeister where you only have to be worried about being blocked by the TG owner/admin. No curmudgeon server admins running wild and disrespecting their users like on some other services.

Jason - WY7JT

Steve N4IRS

It's good to hear they are going to temporarily disable the mandatory password. I'll be able to test until they enable it. As to interaction with server admins, I have had no problem with most. Some were quite helpful during the beta phase of Analog_Reflector. I hope some day to have the same with TGIF.

Steve N4IRS

On 3/9/2021 11:35 AM, Jason Turning wrote:
They're just going to redirect traffic from the legacy server to the new server and temporarily disable the mandatory password of the beta server, so it won't affect users at switch over. I believe they'll eventually want you to set up a password. They're finishing up the TG dashboard which will give TG owners complete control over their TG, and then make the switch. What's neat is as a TG owner you'll be able to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't negatively impact the server. So kind of a libre version of Brandmeister where you only have to be worried about being blocked by the TG owner/admin. No curmudgeon server admins running wild and disrespecting their users like on some other services.

Jason - WY7JT

Joe, WB3IHY

For what it's worth, I have TGIF Prime set up on three different DVSwitch instances and it works fine on all of them.

Steve N4IRS

Joe,
Thanks. I may have to call on you if someone has a problem.

Steve

On 3/9/2021 1:22 PM, Joe, WB3IHY wrote:
For what it's worth, I have TGIF Prime set up on three different DVSwitch instances and it works fine on all of them.

Joe, WB3IHY

I'll be here.  Also, to resolve your registration issue, shooting an email to support@... describing the problem will likely get that taken care of.

David Young

Steve,
You can register on the new TGIF server by going to the WEB page:  prime.tgif.network.  There at the top is a link to login or register.  Registering gives you capability to go to self-care and generate a security prime.tgif.password for your DMR ID's (separate password for each DMR ID) which currently you need to access the prime.tgif.network talk groups.  This site is in beta testing until Ty Weaver decides it is ready to replace the existing tgif.network legacy.  Once this happens the current tgif.network DNS name will be reassigned to the new prime.tgif.network IP and the WEB link will then become the same as the legacy which is tgif.network.
Each TG admin on the new server will be able to set the security password for his/her talk group or leave it as the default password:  passw0rd.
We have also been using DVSwitch to bridge talk group 30639 on the prime.tgif.network into our master hblink3 hub and it works fine.  Currently we are using the security password which we put into the MMDVM_Bridge.ini file in the DMR Network stanza.  No problems found doing this, other than you need to be registered and have your own security password to access any talk group on the new server.

Dave
--
Dave WB6DTB

Steve N4IRS

Support was the problem. It was not automation that required the match when I attempted to create the account. I'll not worry about it for now until it becomes an issue.

Thank, Steve

On 3/9/2021 1:27 PM, Joe, WB3IHY wrote:
I'll be here.  Also, to resolve your registration issue, shooting an email to support@... describing the problem will likely get that taken care of.

@AndrewVK2HAC

What functionality does have "TGIF Prime set up on three different DVSwitch instances" give you???

How do I set it up on my DVSwitch instance?
I have a Prime TGIF ID & PW.