Topics

Overdriven P25 audio

Bill N2WNS

Looking for the best audio settings for a DMR<->P25 implementation. It's being reported on the P25 side the audio sounds overdriven. DMR sounds fine. Settings are all defaulted.

Steve N4IRS

I would try turning down the audio coming out of the DMR Analog_Bridge in the [USRP] stanza:
usrpGain = 1.10 
Change it to 1/2
usrpGain = .60

retest.

On 3/3/20 6:10 PM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
Looking for the best audio settings for a DMR<->P25 implementation. It's being reported on the P25 side the audio sounds overdriven. DMR sounds fine. Settings are all defaulted.

Bill N2WNS

Seems to have done it. Thanks!

Kevin N9OIG

Was there a change from the default? Mine from default is .35 on both Analog_Bridge_DME.ini and P25.

Steve N4IRS

No change. Remember there are 2 level settings:

usrpAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                 ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
usrpGain = 1.10                         ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
tlvAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
tlvGain = 0.35                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

On 3/5/2020 11:04 AM, Kevin N9OIG wrote:
Was there a change from the default? Mine from default is .35 on both Analog_Bridge_DME.ini and P25.

Heiko DL1BZ

I'm running "in production" a DMR<>P25 bridge long time. Beware, there are two ways (DMR>P25 and P25>DMR) you need to adjust.:
Here my settings:
analog_bridge DMR:
usrpAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
usrpGain = 1.0                           ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
tlvAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
tlvGain = 0.6                           ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

analog_bridge P25:
usrpAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
usrpGain = 1.0                           ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
tlvAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
tlvGain = 1.0                           ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

WIth this setup all is ok, the audio level are good and acceptable.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ