Topics

P25 -> MMDVM_Bridge question

Rob WX1N

Good evening all,

I'm starting to slowly peck away at a P25 to DMR bridge, and learning as I go. I'm starting from the P25 end and working in towards MMDVM_Bridge. Can anyone confirm that the order is as follows?
MMDVM running P25 -> P25 Gateway -> P25 Reflector -> MMDVM_Bridge

The default ports do not seem to be set up for this, and I am having trouble getting P25 reflector to pass traffic to MMDVM_Bridge, so I wanted to confirm.

The ports I'm using are as follows:
MMDVM P25 network ports:
Gateway 42020
Local 32010

P25Gateway:
Local 42020 (matches MMDVM Gateway)
Rptr 32010 (matches MMDVM Local)
Hosts file 127.0.0.1 Port 41000 (port for Reflector)

P25Reflector:
Port 41000 (matches host file in Gateway)

MMDVM_Bridge:
P25 Network - defaults to 42020 and 32010, which would connect it to the Gateway not the reflector (and would conflict with the MMDVM I think?)
So I'm trying Gateway=41000 (Reflector), and Local=32011 (shouldn't need to match anything, just be a discrete port, correct?)

A P25 transmission shows in P25Reflector, which I believe indicates that the first 3 steps are set up correctly, but nothing shows in MMDVM_Bridge.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!

73,

Rob, WX1N

Steve N4IRS

Rob,
In the simplest terms, what are you trying to do? What is the end result you are trying to accomplish? You may not need the reflector.

Steve n4IRS

On 12/2/18 6:21 PM, Rob WX1N wrote:
[...]

Hi Steve,

My end goal is to bridge an MMDVM P25 repeater to a BrandMeister DMR talkgroup.

I was trying to set up the P25->MMDVM_Bridge side of the equation with P25Reflector as the info I came across while searching showed this connection path.

Rob

Steve N4IRS

OK,
So it can look like this:
MMDVM_Host <-> P25Gateway(1) <-> P25Reflector <-> P25Gateway(2) <-> MMDVM_Bridge(a) <-> Analog_Bridge(1) <-> Analog_Bridge(2) <-> MMDVM_Bridge(b) <-> BrandMeister

You will need 2 copies of P25Gateway. Since you can not reuse the same ports, you will need to change the ports used for P25Gateway(2) <-> MMDVM_Bridge
You can use a singe copy of MMDVM_Bridge. MMDVM_Bridge(a) would be the P25 connection and MMDVM_Bridge(b) would be the DMR connection.
You will need 2 copies of Analog_Bridge. Analog_Bridge(1) would be configured for P25 and Analog_Bridge(2) would be configured for DMR. The connection between the 2 copies of Analog_Bridge would be cross connected via the [USRP] stanza.

It might be easier to build from BrandMeister towards the P25Reflector. Run each program in the foreground and watch the data flow. When a section works, move on to the next section.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/2/18 7:05 PM, Rob WX1N wrote:
Hi Steve,

My end goal is to bridge an MMDVM P25 repeater to a BrandMeister DMR talkgroup.

I was trying to set up the P25->MMDVM_Bridge side of the equation with P25Reflector as the info I came across while searching showed this connection path.

Rob

Rob WX1N

Okay, that helps - thank you!!!