P25 Reflector blacklist


Desertman
 

Question for the group, is there a way to block (blacklist) a station from connecting to a P25 Reflector?

Thank you

73
Ted
W6SAT


Doug - W4DBG
 

Find the IP address of the station you want to block and use IP tables to block them. 

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 1:14 PM Desertman <desertmansd@...> wrote:
Question for the group, is there a way to block (blacklist) a station from connecting to a P25 Reflector?

Thank you

73
Ted
W6SAT

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...


Desertman
 

Ideally not that way I want to do things as people find ways around IP) blocks.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 11:30 AM Doug - W4DBG <douggooden@...> wrote:
Find the IP address of the station you want to block and use IP tables to block them. 

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 1:14 PM Desertman <desertmansd@...> wrote:
Question for the group, is there a way to block (blacklist) a station from connecting to a P25 Reflector?

Thank you

73
Ted
W6SAT

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...


Steve N4IRS
 

OK,
so, no, there is no mechanism for blacklisting a user on the P25Reflector.

Steve N4IRS

On 4/19/21 5:00 PM, Desertman wrote:
Ideally not that way I want to do things as people find ways around IP) blocks.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 11:30 AM Doug - W4DBG <douggooden@...> wrote:
Find the IP address of the station you want to block and use IP tables to block them. 

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 1:14 PM Desertman <desertmansd@...> wrote:
Question for the group, is there a way to block (blacklist) a station from connecting to a P25 Reflector?

Thank you

73
Ted
W6SAT
--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...


Desertman
 

Just to leave no stone unturned. I don't suppose there is a way to block stations anywhere in the MMDVM configuration either?

We have an overseas station that has been causing us a lot of trouble.

Thanks
73
Ted


Doug - W4DBG
 

I don’t know which specific configuration you were talking about but they would still go out over the P 25 reflector even if you block them from going somewhere else have you tried to contact this person maybe have a phone call or chat?

Doug
W4DBG 

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 5:21 PM Desertman <desertmansd@...> wrote:
Just to leave no stone unturned. I don't suppose there is a way to block stations anywhere in the MMDVM configuration either?

We have an overseas station that has been causing us a lot of trouble.

Thanks
73
Ted

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...


Desertman
 

Yup, it's gone way beyond that. This guy feels he's entitled to come on and tie up our system with very disruptive behavior. We've blocked a few IPs but he still manages to get in. 

Our specific configuration is an allstar server with transcoding from P25, DStar and DMR using ASL/MMDVM.

Ted
W6SAT


Jeff Lehman, N8ACL
 

Is the p25 connection on its own private node? If it is disconnect the node if he connects and let him talk to himself. After a while he will go away. 


On Apr 19, 2021, at 18:50, Desertman <desertmansd@...> wrote:

Yup, it's gone way beyond that. This guy feels he's entitled to come on and tie up our system with very disruptive behavior. We've blocked a few IPs but he still manages to get in. 

Our specific configuration is an allstar server with transcoding from P25, DStar and DMR using ASL/MMDVM.

Ted
W6SAT


Skyler Fennell
 

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 3:00 PM Desertman <desertmansd@...> wrote:
Ideally not that way I want to do things as people find ways around IP) blocks.

It's just as easy to enter a new random Radio ID in as it is get a new IP address, i'm sure if you block him by radio ID, he will probably just take on a new one.
 


Mike AE4ML
 

One of my sites is the local hospital. I utilize their internet connection. They use Geo-location on their firewalls so  no one outside of the US can access the network.


Desertman
 
Edited

Thanks for all the relpies gents.

Jeff, the goal is not to have to disconnect the P25 node. That takes P25 away from other users.

Skyler, I hope he gets the hint and just leaves.

Mike, we thought about that but then we would be blocking folks that we would want to talk to .

73
Ted