P25 to DMR on VPS Server

Adrianm0glj@...

Hi Guy's

Am I correct in thinking that DV Switch can be used to bridge DMR and P25?

If so can it be installed on a VPS server rather than using a Raspberry Pi?

Is there a simple way of installing the minimal requirements to do the transcoding between DMR and P25?

Adrian

M0GLJ

Steve N4IRS

Yes,
it can be installed on a VPS.
You can do the base install and then add the changes to build the bridge. A DMR to P25 bridge requires a transcoder. You can build a transcoder with 2 copies of Analog_Bridge. You bridge will look something like this:
DMR Network <-> MMDVM_Bridge_DMR_ports <-> Analog_Bridge_1 <-> Analog_Bridge_2 <-> MMDVM_Bridge_P25_ports <-> P25Gateway <-> P25Reflector

DMR Network and P25Reflector are external
MMDVM_Bridge is a single instance
Analog_Bridge is 2 instances
P25Gateway is a single instance

See <https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/wiki/9379>

Steve N4IRS

On 16/3/21 11:00 am, Adrianm0glj@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Guy's

Am I correct in thinking that DV Switch can be used to bridge DMR and P25?
Yes (Iḿ doing that, among other things myself).

If so can it be installed on a VPS server rather than using a
Raspberry Pi?
Yes (doing that too). :)

Is there a simple way of installing the minimal requirements to do the
transcoding between DMR and P25?
I have a full installation, but itś simple to install using apt on Debian.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

Alec-N1AJW

if you install DVSwitch Repo it should give you what you need.  Usually when I build bridges it starts out with the version the vps company provides.

Alec
N1AJW

Adrianm0glj@...

Thanks for the reply's everybody

I'm not familiar with DVSwitch and need a guiding hand to help me set this up. Can someone point me in the right direction to getting this P25 to DMR setup?

Which parts of the repo do I need and what settings should I be aiming for?

Adrian
M0GLJ