Topics

P25 to DMR/XLX


Jon 2E0OPT
 

I would like to add P25 to XLX I've looked through this mailing list and the consensus seems to be I need the following:

<P25_Reflector> <-> <P25 gateway> <-><MMDVM_Bridge> <-> <Analog_Bridge> <-> <Analog_Bridge> <-> <MMDVM_Bridge> <-> <XLXD>

Is this still the case? What function does the Analog_Bridge provide in this case?


Steve N4IRS
 

<Analog_Bridge> <-> <Analog_Bridge>

This creates a transcoder. In your case P25 <-> DMR or whatever mode you are running on XLXD.

Steve N4IRS

On 2/6/21 8:07 AM, Jon 2E0OPT wrote:
I would like to add P25 to XLX I've looked through this mailing list and the consensus seems to be I need the following:

<P25_Reflector> <-> <P25 gateway> <-><MMDVM_Bridge> <-> <Analog_Bridge> <-> <Analog_Bridge> <-> <MMDVM_Bridge> <-> <XLXD>

Is this still the case? What function does the Analog_Bridge provide in this case?


Steve N4IRS
 

On 2/6/21 8:07 AM, Jon 2E0OPT wrote:
I would like to add P25 to XLX I've looked through this mailing list and the consensus seems to be I need the following:

<P25_Reflector> <-> <P25 gateway> <-><MMDVM_Bridge> <-> <Analog_Bridge> <-> <Analog_Bridge> <-> <MMDVM_Bridge> <-> <XLXD>

Is this still the case? What function does the Analog_Bridge provide in this case?


Jon 2E0OPT
 

Brilliant thanks Steve! For some reason I managed to completely miss the wiki, my apologies for clogging the mailing list up


Steve N4IRS
 

I'll clog it a little more with, "no problem" ;)

Steve

On 2/6/21 8:19 AM, Jon 2E0OPT wrote:
Brilliant thanks Steve! For some reason I managed to completely miss the wiki, my apologies for clogging the mailing list up


Kevin N9OIG
 

Steve I had DVSwitch all working for my IPSC2 server P25 to DMR all works prefect. We just added an XLX reflector connection in and DMR passes to XLX and YSF both ways DMR and YSF passes to P25 correctly but P25 comes up the callsign  shows then ysf side just drops. I tried connecting the DVswitch directly to the XLX reflector I can get it to connect but I connect get it to specify a module. I still don't know if this will even solve my P25 to YSF issue.
Ill include the MMDVM Bridge stanza

[DMR Network]

Enable=1

Address=66.42.113.132

Port=62030

Password=passw0rd

ReloadTime=60

Slot=1

TG=6

Base=64000

Relink=60

Debug=0

Id=3155059

UserControl=1

 

Options=XLX:4001


Kevin N9OIG
 

As an update to this my version of MMDVM Bridge was very old it wouldn't recognize the Options line.


Steve N4IRS
 

Kevin,
I don't know what hardware yo are running on, you might consider backing up you Quantar_Bridge.ini and MMDVM_Bridge.ini and trying either the RPi image or the DVSwitch Server install.

Steve N4IRS

On 2/20/21 1:56 AM, Kevin N9OIG wrote:
As an update to this my version of MMDVM Bridge was very old it wouldn't recognize the Options line.