Topics

P25Gateway Unlinking from static talkgroup / MMDVM_Bridge Disconnecting from HBLink #mmdvm_bridge

Chris Whitam

Good Morning all,

I am having a problem with P25 Gateway stating "M: 2021-02-18 12:32:38.340 Unlinking from 31660 due to inactivity"

P25 Gateway config
[Network]
Port=42010
HostsFile1=/etc/P25Hosts.txt
HostsFile2=./private/P25Hosts.txt
ReloadTime=60
#ParrotAddress=127.0.0.1
#ParrotPort=42011
#P252DMRAddress=127.0.0.1
#P252DMRPort=42012
Static=31660
RFHangTime=120
NetHangTime=60
InactivityTimeout=0
Debug=0

On my other server I was running an older verison of P25Gateway with the options Startup=31660 and InactivityTimeout=0 and it ran fine.  Those settings in this version of P25Gateway do not seem to work either.

As soon as this happens my MMDVM_Bridge is dropping it's link from my HBLink master for some reason.  I do not see anything in the MMDVM_Bridge log files that signify a disconnection from the HBLink master, however I can see in HBLink that the bridge is no longer connected to the Master Stanza.

First question I guess is would MMDVM_Bridge be dropping this link if P25Gateway drops the link to the reflector?  It seems as though that should not be the case.

MMDVM DMR Config

[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=127.0.0.1
Port=54000
Jitter=350
Local=54025
Password=*****************************
# for DMR+ see https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/blob/master/DOC/DMRplus_startup_options.md
# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009
# Options=
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=1

MMDVM P25 Config

[P25 Network]
Enable=1
GatewayAddress=127.0.0.1
GatewayPort=42020
LocalPort=32010
Debug=1

HBLink Master

[MASTER-1]
MODE: MASTER
ENABLED: True
REPEAT: True
MAX_PEERS: 10
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 54000
PASSPHRASE: None
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5
USE_ACL: True
REG_ACL: DENY:1
SUB_ACL: DENY:1
TGID_TS1_ACL: PERMIT:ALL
TGID_TS2_ACL: PERMIT:ALL

Looking for any pointers where to go next.  I dug through every config line by line and can't seem to be finding a line that would cause this.

Thanks,
Chris

Steve N4IRS

Chris,
Am I reading you P25Gateway config correctly, is that the newest version of P25Gateway that supports multiple TGs?

On 2/18/2021 10:11 AM, Chris Whitam wrote:
[...]

Yes it is  I just pulled it down the other day.  I'm considering trying to find an older version before the multi talkgroup supprt and using that.  Would the P25Gateway disconnecting also drop my MMDVM_Bridge connection though, or are there 2 separate issues?

Steve N4IRS

<https://github.com/DVSwitch/P25Gateway>

The droping of MB is something else, I THINK.

On 2/18/2021 11:03 AM, Chris Whitam wrote:
Yes it is  I just pulled it down the other day.  I'm considering trying to find an older version before the multi talkgroup supprt and using that.  Would the P25Gateway disconnecting also drop my MMDVM_Bridge connection though, or are there 2 separate issues?

Chris Whitam

Thanks Steve!  So far it has MB has not crashed so fingers crossed.