Topics

Problem of TalkerAlias in DVSwitch.in

정성환

Hi All,

DVSwitch.in which is undated recently was added new "TalkerAlias" line in [DMR] and "Message" line [STAR] section each.

The function of the Message in [DSTAR] has no problem because the DSTAR do not use the DMR ID I think.

But the "TalkerAlias in [DMR] has some problems that the DMR id number of transmitting station is changed to another different one in several seconds. So the National DMR id also is changed to another different nation DMR. But the information having the TalkerAlias is correct.

How can I overcome this problem?

de DS5HVM form KOREA

Steve N4IRS

Hi,
Short term answer, comment out TalkerAlias in DVSwitch.sh while we investigate the problem.
; TalkerAlias = Roger Nowhere Il. DVSWITCH

On 5/17/20 8:47 AM, 정성환 wrote:

Hi All,

DVSwitch.in which is undated recently was added new "TalkerAlias" line in [DMR] and "Message" line [STAR] section each.

The function of the Message in [DSTAR] has no problem because the DSTAR do not use the DMR ID I think.

But the "TalkerAlias in [DMR] has some problems that the DMR id number of transmitting station is changed to another different one in several seconds. So the National DMR id also is changed to another different nation DMR. But the information having the TalkerAlias is correct.

How can I overcome this problem?

de DS5HVM form KOREA

Steve N4IRS

Hi,
We tested this by looking at the MMDVMHost log of the receiving station. We did not see a change in the DMR ID. Do you see the change in the DMR ID on a receiving radio or a dashboard? I will be testing with a MD380 later today.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 5/17/20 8:47 AM, 정성환 wrote:

Hi All,

DVSwitch.in which is undated recently was added new "TalkerAlias" line in [DMR] and "Message" line [STAR] section each.

The function of the Message in [DSTAR] has no problem because the DSTAR do not use the DMR ID I think.

But the "TalkerAlias in [DMR] has some problems that the DMR id number of transmitting station is changed to another different one in several seconds. So the National DMR id also is changed to another different nation DMR. But the information having the TalkerAlias is correct.

How can I overcome this problem?

de DS5HVM form KOREA

정성환

Hi,

I did not see a change in DMR ID. But It happens it when the information substitute the BM information with the TalkerAlias information.
That is, my original information from DM is "DS5HVM Retevis GPS" and the information of the TalkerAlias is "Busan KOREA. DVSWITCH".
At this time, my country change the KOREA to China in lcd display.