Topics

Rebuilding the Node

Tito Lopez

I am going to rebuild my node. I lost track of so many changes that I cant get audio from ASL to YSF and back. I just have a quick question. in rpt.conf, Can i run the hub and usrp at the same time on a sinlge radio stanza or do I need to run USRP on one and a node on the second ?

Steve N4IRS

Tito,
When you say one radio stanza, do you mean you have a radio connected in that stanza. Let me answer it this way, you can only have 1 rxchannel per stanza.

This is OK:
rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo                    ; No radio (hub)
; rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb_1999            ; SimpleUSB
; rxchannel = Pi/1                          ; Raspberry Pi PiTA
; rxchannel = Radio/usb_1999                ; USBRadio (DSP)
; rxchannel = Dahdi/1                       ; PCI Quad card
; rxchannel = Beagle/1                      ; BeagleBoard
; rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001    ; GNU Radio interface USRP

This is NOT OK

; rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo                  ; No radio (hub)
rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb_1999              ; SimpleUSB
; rxchannel = Pi/1                          ; Raspberry Pi PiTA
; rxchannel = Radio/usb_1999                ; USBRadio (DSP)
; rxchannel = Dahdi/1                       ; PCI Quad card
; rxchannel = Beagle/1                      ; BeagleBoard
rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001      ; GNU Radio interface USRP

Hope this helps,
73, Steve N4IRS

On 1/3/2020 12:55 PM, Tito Lopez wrote:
I am going to rebuild my node. I lost track of so many changes that I cant get audio from ASL to YSF and back. I just have a quick question. in rpt.conf, Can i run the hub and usrp at the same time on a sinlge radio stanza or do I need to run USRP on one and a node on the second ?

Tito Lopez

Read My mind!!!.
Ok I pulled the trigger on rebuilding the node.
Now I will run this new node strictly for ASL<->YSF connecting to an existing ysf reflector hosted on a different vps location/provider.
Do i Need to run USRP in ASL to use DVSwitch mobile ? or would just run the node as just a HUB?

Steve N4IRS

You can run the node as a HUB and connect to it from DVSM as a ASL client.

On 1/3/2020 1:58 PM, Tito Lopez wrote:
Read My mind!!!.
Ok I pulled the trigger on rebuilding the node.
Now I will run this new node strictly for ASL<->YSF connecting to an existing ysf reflector hosted on a different vps location/provider.
Do i Need to run USRP in ASL to use DVSwitch mobile ? or would just run the node as just a HUB?

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

When I had this same situation, what I did was setup USRP on the ASL VPS to point to the IP address and ports on the YSF VPS and then ran the YSF reflector, AB and MB on the YSF VPS. It worked flawlessly and I was able to run a DMR bridge with AB/MB on the ASL VPS and YSF on the separate VPS and not overlap or have decoder issues. I ran each bridge on their own private nodes, but this was prior to DVSwitch Mobile. But if you wanted the YSF reflector full time connected to the ASL node, this would work great.

--
Jeff Lehman, N8ACL
E-mail: N8ACL@...

Tito Lopez

Lets take DVSwitch mobile out of the picture. I ultimately want to run ASL node with YSF.  in rpt.conf do I need to run USRP or just HUB?
w3daw
yn1ob

Steve N4IRS

USRP.
This is how ASl connects to Analog_Bridge.

On 1/3/2020 2:24 PM, Tito Lopez wrote:
Lets take DVSwitch mobile out of the picture. I ultimately want to run ASL node with YSF.  in rpt.conf do I need to run USRP or just HUB?
w3daw
yn1ob

Tito Lopez

Thanks for all your valuable inputs, I am having brain flatulence in the middle of a server migration at work and at the same time I am doing this.
Please refresh my mind where I can get the installer for DVswitch Analog_Bridge and Emu.
I appreciate all of your guys help.
Orlando
W3DAW
Yn1OB

Steve N4IRS

Let me try it this way:
Any node can be a hub.
The node can be connected to a radio via USB.
The node can be connected to a radio via RTCM
The node can be connected to Analog_Bridge via USRP
The node can have nothing connected to it using pseudo

Steve

On 1/3/2020 2:24 PM, Tito Lopez wrote:
Lets take DVSwitch mobile out of the picture. I ultimately want to run ASL node with YSF.  in rpt.conf do I need to run USRP or just HUB?
w3daw
yn1ob

Steve N4IRS

cd /tmp

wget http://dvswitch.org/install-dvswitch-repo
chmod +x install-dvswitch-repo
./install-dvswitch-repo

apt-get install dvswitch

Then you will want to replace the executables for Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge from the dvswitch github repositories.
https://github.com/DVSwitch/Analog_Bridge
https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge

The updated executables are in the bin directory.

Steve

On 1/3/2020 2:32 PM, Tito Lopez wrote:
Thanks for all your valuable inputs, I am having brain flatulence in the middle of a server migration at work and at the same time I am doing this.
Please refresh my mind where I can get the installer for DVswitch Analog_Bridge and Emu.
I appreciate all of your guys help.
Orlando
W3DAW
Yn1OB

Tito Lopez

I saw the files they have the .i386 extension would they need to be renamed?
Orlando

Steve N4IRS

I would

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)