Rpi 3 Allstar to TGIF Gateway #analog_bridge

Peter Buckley

Thanks to Steve's (N4IRS) efforts we have a working Rpi3 based Allstar to BrandMeister <--> Gateway.

Does anyone have documentation how how to build a RPi3 based Allstar to TGIF Gateway?
I'd like to have (2) different Rpi3 running, and operating (2) separate Allstar Gateways...
One to BrandMeister (have that today) and a different one running Allstar to TGIF Gateway.

Thanks,
-pete  N0ECT

Steve N4IRS

Pete,
Thanks for moving this to the forum, so everyone can learn from your question.

In MMDVM_Bridge.ini you will see the [DMR Network] stanza

[DMR Network]
Enable=0
Address=tgif.network
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
# Options=
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

I believe the only change is the Address. I have bolded the entry above.

Steve N4IRS

On 8/21/2019 12:28 PM, Peter Buckley via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks to Steve's (N4IRS) efforts we have a working Rpi3 based Allstar to BrandMeister <--> Gateway.

Does anyone have documentation how how to build a RPi3 based Allstar to TGIF Gateway?
I'd like to have (2) different Rpi3 running, and operating (2) separate Allstar Gateways...
One to BrandMeister (have that today) and a different one running Allstar to TGIF Gateway.

Thanks,
-pete  N0ECT

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

Yes that is the only change needed in the MMDVM_Bridge.ini file.

Make sure that you use a valid TGIF talkgroup in the Analog_Bridge.ini File.

When I did this same thing, I just copied the ini files from the working brandmeister bridge to the TGIF bridge, changed that address and used a valid talkgroup. Everything else stays the same and it all came up no problem.
---
Jeff Lehman, N8ACL
E-mail: n8acl@...
Hamshack Hotline: 4218

Webmaster
Hamilton County ARPSC
http://www.hamcoarpsc.org
E-mail: info@...
Phone: 513-452-6480

On August 21, 2019 at 12:33 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Guys!
Reads easy enough.
I'll update my original documentation (actually Steve's public documentation) and include this new Section for the MMDVM_Bridge.ini file!
73s
-pete  N0ECT

John EA5JAV/M0JCA

Good morning, read this article with interest as trying to bridge my Allstar node with my TGIF account myself, followed Steve's instructions but getting stuck adding TGIF talkgroup in the TGIF Analog_Bridge.ini file as can't see where, would you be able to tell me where I should add the talkgroup please? Many thanks in advance. John. EA5JAV

Steve N4IRS

In Analog_Bridge.ini

[AMBE_AUDIO]
txTg = 9                                ; TG to use for all frames sent from Analog_Bridge -> xx_Bridge
txTs = 2                                ; Slot to use for frames sent from Analog_Bridge -> xx_Bridge

On 3/10/22 01:02, John-EA5JAV wrote:
Good morning, read this article with interest as trying to bridge my Allstar node with my TGIF account myself, followed Steve's instructions but getting stuck adding TGIF talkgroup in the TGIF Analog_Bridge.ini file as can't see where, would you be able to tell me where I should add the talkgroup please? Many thanks in advance. John. EA5JAV

John EA5JAV/M0JCA

Thank-you Steve