setting up MMDVM_Bridge.ini

mark rosenberg

I am setting up a DMR to Allstar link.  I noticed is the file MMDVM_Bridge.ini there is a place for callsign followed by ID....What is this ID?  It can't be the Brandmeister ID because it is too many digits.

Also, I don't see anywhere in the files that my node number is inserted.  How does the Bridge know that it is bridged to my node?  I set up a virtual node in the cloud, I am not using a rpi3 for this node.

Thanks for any help

Mark

Ramon (kp4tr) <kp4tr.ramon@...>

Docs say its your DMR id and a 2 digit SSID to distinguish it

--

Mike KB8JNM

You do not set-up your node in mmdvm bridge or any of the dvswitch package files.

You set them to use USRP

You set your very minimal node (public or private) to use the USRP driver.

The DMR ID is the only 'IDs' you need for the packages.(assuming you are making a DMR Bridge)

Use the guide to know where to use your issued ID and your appended ID.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit

...mike/kb8jnm

On 07/18/2018 10:31 AM, mark rosenberg wrote:
I am setting up a DMR to Allstar link.  I noticed is the file MMDVM_Bridge.ini there is a place for callsign followed by ID....What is this ID?  It can't be the Brandmeister ID because it is too many digits.

Also, I don't see anywhere in the files that my node number is inserted.  How does the Bridge know that it is bridged to my node?  I set up a virtual node in the cloud, I am not using a rpi3 for this node.

Thanks for any help

Mark

Mike KB8JNM

Sorry, I forgot to give you the link for a dmr ID.

https://radioid.net/cgi-bin/trbo-database/userreg.cgi

You may have to wait a day or two to get reply.

Do not apply for more than one ID. That is what the appending is for explain a bit in that how-2 draft.

https://radioid.net/cgi-bin/trbo-database/userreg.cgi

Anyway, those 2 things should get you going.

...mike/kb8jnm

On 07/18/2018 10:31 AM, mark rosenberg wrote:
I am setting up a DMR to Allstar link.  I noticed is the file MMDVM_Bridge.ini there is a place for callsign followed by ID....What is this ID?  It can't be the Brandmeister ID because it is too many digits.

Also, I don't see anywhere in the files that my node number is inserted.  How does the Bridge know that it is bridged to my node?  I set up a virtual node in the cloud, I am not using a rpi3 for this node.

Thanks for any help

Mark

mark rosenberg

What is the 2 digit id? In the video chris used only hos dmr id

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 17:44 Ramon (kp4tr) <kp4tr.ramon@...> wrote:
Docs say its your DMR id and a 2 digit SSID to distinguish it

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 10:31 AM mark rosenberg <4x1ks.mark@...> wrote:
I am setting up a DMR to Allstar link.  I noticed is the file MMDVM_Bridge.ini there is a place for callsign followed by ID....What is this ID?  It can't be the Brandmeister ID because it is too many digits.

Also, I don't see anywhere in the files that my node number is inserted.  How does the Bridge know that it is bridged to my node?  I set up a virtual node in the cloud, I am not using a rpi3 for this node.

Thanks for any help

Mark

--

Alec-N1AJW

7 digit dmr id and 2 then two number 01-99 to distinquish that hotspot.  pick anything not in use by you.

mark rosenberg

I am not using a hotspot.  I am using a virtual node which is hosted on vurtl cloud

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 18:50 Alec-N1AJW <alec.wasserman@...> wrote:
7 digit dmr id and 2 then two number 01-99 to distinquish that hotspot.  pick anything not in use by you.

Hey Mark,
it's essentially the same thing, MMDVM is creating a virtual hotspot/repeater for you to connect.
Brandmeister best practice is to use the extra digit when you have multiple systems.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 10:52 AM mark rosenberg <4x1ks.mark@...> wrote:
I am not using a hotspot.  I am using a virtual node which is hosted on vurtl cloud

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 18:50 Alec-N1AJW <alec.wasserman@...> wrote:
7 digit dmr id and 2 then two number 01-99 to distinquish that hotspot.  pick anything not in use by you.

Mike KB8JNM

I can't speak to someone else's guide. See them for answers.

There is no 2 digit ID.

There is appending your ID with 2 digits in the 'correct places'.

Perhaps if you read this official document / how-2, you would understand. It's in there.

On 07/18/2018 11:28 AM, mark rosenberg wrote:
What is the 2 digit id? In the video chris used only hos dmr id

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 17:44 Ramon (kp4tr) <kp4tr.ramon@...> wrote:
Docs say its your DMR id and a 2 digit SSID to distinguish it

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 10:31 AM mark rosenberg <4x1ks.mark@...> wrote:
I am setting up a DMR to Allstar link.  I noticed is the file MMDVM_Bridge.ini there is a place for callsign followed by ID....What is this ID?  It can't be the Brandmeister ID because it is too many digits.

Also, I don't see anywhere in the files that my node number is inserted.  How does the Bridge know that it is bridged to my node?  I set up a virtual node in the cloud, I am not using a rpi3 for this node.

Thanks for any help

Mark
--

mark rosenberg

Ok i will add a digit to the ID which is 1 line under callsign.  When i run the status check on the md380 emulator it is ok.  I am thinking something else is going on but i was fairly careful to edit all the lines of code that were in the how to file.

Part A...which was setting up the node itself went well.  The virtual node is working and i can connect to it from the physical node in my shack.

Part B...the DMR Bridge setup had a problem with an error of "unable to resolve host"...i corrected that and then everything loaded and the emulator works...but i am missing the link between the key up on the tg with my dmr radio and the bridge to the virtual node...