Setup of dmrlink and hblink

Florian Wolters

Hi folks,

hope this is the correct place to ask

Wanted to try the above setup in combination with MMDVMHost. Am I right
that the setup should be the following:

MMDVMHost -> hblink -> dmrlink?

I cannot get MMDVMHost to talk to hblink. The log of the latter only says:

INFO 2017-06-19 22:05:55,680 (HBlink) unknown TLV t=82, l=80,
v=544c00280a70 (TL(
p)
INFO 2017-06-19 22:06:15,673 (HBlink) unknown TLV t=82, l=80,
v=544c00280a70 (TL(
p)

Anyone got a hint for me as I am not too familiar with python code :D

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

I am assuming you pointed it to talk to hblink? The default config should allow you to connect with the default password of passw0rd

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2017, at 4:24 PM, Florian Wolters <florian@florian-wolters.de> wrote:

Hi folks,

hope this is the correct place to ask

Wanted to try the above setup in combination with MMDVMHost. Am I right
that the setup should be the following:

MMDVMHost -> hblink -> dmrlink?

I cannot get MMDVMHost to talk to hblink. The log of the latter only says:

INFO 2017-06-19 22:05:55,680 (HBlink) unknown TLV t=82, l=80,
v=544c00280a70 (TL(
p)
INFO 2017-06-19 22:06:15,673 (HBlink) unknown TLV t=82, l=80,
v=544c00280a70 (TL(
p)

Anyone got a hint for me as I am not too familiar with python code :D

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

Also take out any of the dmrplus crap out of it as it may not understand it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2017, at 4:24 PM, Florian Wolters <florian@florian-wolters.de> wrote:

Hi folks,

hope this is the correct place to ask

Wanted to try the above setup in combination with MMDVMHost. Am I right
that the setup should be the following:

MMDVMHost -> hblink -> dmrlink?

I cannot get MMDVMHost to talk to hblink. The log of the latter only says:

INFO 2017-06-19 22:05:55,680 (HBlink) unknown TLV t=82, l=80,
v=544c00280a70 (TL(
p)
INFO 2017-06-19 22:06:15,673 (HBlink) unknown TLV t=82, l=80,
v=544c00280a70 (TL(
p)

Anyone got a hint for me as I am not too familiar with python code :D

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Unknown TLV is generated when the partner gets a packet from another partner that it does not understand.
This would happen if:
- The UDP connection between the two partners was corrupted (dropped data etc).  This is VERY unlikely if the partners on the same machine (127.0.0.1)
- The partner is getting data from something other than another partner.  You have misconfigured the ports to point to some other app
- Wrong version.  Both partners must be speaking the same dialect of TLV.  If you have an old partner (ambe_audio/hb_ambe_audio, DMRGateway) it will not work.  Make sure you have cloned both repos.

MAZ

Florian Wolters

Guys,

I managed to get the two to work. Connected to the German cBrigde atm
and had a QSO with DL5BQ.

My problem was that I executed hblink.py instead of HB_Bridge.py. Same
for dmrlink.py and IPSC_Bridge.py.

I will go on and test some other talk groups etc.

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Steve N4IRS

Florian,
That is the most common mistake people make. DMRlink and HBlink can be thought of as the base of the program stack. Applications like IPSC_Bridge either use features of DMRlink or replace them as needed. When first setting up a application, you want to run DMRlink to verify your dmrlink.cfg.All of the above goes the same for HBlink. Glad you got things running. Please post results, issues etc.

73, Steve N4IRS

Florian Wolters

Steve,

if everyone makes the mistake so why should I not? ;-)
I need to setup my radio and program some TGs. Haven't used DMR MARC for quite a while :-) What TGs are used in the states that I could listen to for example?

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Steve N4IRS

I would say, be careful, DMR-MARC does not want experimental traffic on just any TG. See the DMR-MARC and DMRPlus Partnership Update on their main page http://www.dmr-marc.net.
I think we should play by the same rules. Their network, their rules. At least we don't have a DV4Mini accessing the network through DMRlink.

These are my thoughts and do NOT reflect the thoughts of anyone else involved.

Steve

Florian Wolters

Ah right. I will stop the experiments on those TGs.

Steve N4IRS

I did not want to come across as being negative. I really think DMRlink / HBlink can be a positive for DMR-MARC. With the existing interconnects to DMR+, they do not have the finite control of what MMDVM based system are connected. Anybody that can connect to a DMR+ server will be connected to DMR-MARC. With DMR/HB it's a more 1 to 1 relationship. A BIG plus for the c-Bridge is that DMR / HB is MUCH more stable then a DMR+ server. Oh, and did I mention it's Open Source.

If anybody has contacts within the DMR-MARC community, talk to them. This can be much better solution for connecting MMDVM to c-Bridge.

Again, these are my thoughts and do NOT reflect the thoughts of anyone else involved.

Florian Wolters

Hi Steve,

no worries. I fully understand and was reminded of the MARC policy by your post. Had forgotten that after month fiddling around with MMDVM, BM and XLX :-)

In fact I have contacts to the German DMR-DL / MARC core team. That is where I got my experimental account on cBridge from. Will have a chat with them about this topic at the next opportunity.

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Steve,

I personally see this project as a huge asset to c-Bridge based networks.

Beyond the technical gains, it can dovetail far better in EmComm and Public Service or Community Service events.  As many of the EmComm or SAR operations tend to receive grant money from State or Federal agencies, there are other concerns as well.

This project has the potential to melt away all those concerns, IMHO.

As to MARC, the same once they realize that they can maintain control of the resources.  Just them embracing the Sand Box approach demonstrates their general interest.

Unfortunately, I'm not a Linux guy, nor Python for that matter and must plod through this, but still very exciting to see this work being done...by many old and new hands.  We are all fortunate having this talent focused here.

-- Mike, NO7RF,  Mazama, Washington