SHARI TO BM VIA DVSWITCH ON ASL #brandmeister #analog_bridge

Fairfieldsteve@...

Relatively New ALLSTAR user here…
I have setup my SHARI on RPi4 to connect to ALLSTAR, ECHOLINK and then Brandmeister using ASL and DVSWITCH. EVERYTHING works fine except when I try to use my radio to connect to SHARI
node and listen to the DMR channel 91 active on DVSWITCH SHARI node, I get no audio in from DMR CH 91. I can transmit to SHARI and hear the transmission come out on the SHARI ALLSTAR node, but nothing from DMR. I do see all the traffic on DMR TG91 if I connect to the web browser for the node SHARI is running on - get the DASHBOARD fine.
Can someone please help ?

Thank you

N1SAF
Steve

Alec-N1AJW

You should not be connecting allstar to tg 91.  allstar can be used on approved tg's like your seven digit id or with an OK from BM admin.  BM is a digital system its not intended nor was allstar intended to be used in this manner.  If you hear others doing it they are wrong also if they didnt get OK.  I have nothing against your system.  Please dont link it to a worldwide TG

Alec
N1AJW

Stephen Fairfield

Perhaps I misunderstand your comment but I am not connecting ALLSTAR to DMR TG 91. I am connecting DVSWITCH server to TG91 using ALLSTARLINK.
Steve

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

What he means is regardless of how the bridging is done, Whether it’s using HUC, pyuc, the DVswitch app, the server image, a hand build DV Switch system,  Allstar, Echolink or whatever, the BM admins have asked that no briding to worldwide or statewide Talkgroups be done. There are agreements with other DMR networks and BM the there will be no briding to keep it pure DMR…

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL
E-mail: N8ACL@...
Hamshack Hotline: 4218
Website: https://n8acl.ddns.net

On Jun 17, 2021, at 11:42, Stephen Fairfield <steve.fairfield@...> wrote:

Perhaps I misunderstand your comment but I am not connecting ALLSTAR to DMR TG 91. I am connecting DVSWITCH server to TG91 using ALLSTARLINK.
Steve

Fairfieldsteve@...

Jeff and Alec
Thank you for the explanation.  Now I understand and will act accordingly.
N1saf
Steve