Smartphone apps

Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...>

I honestly sometimes miss things while doing research for "whats out there" With all of the tools for building networks. Has anyone come up with a way to peer a smartphone to an ipsc network?

I know there is some commercial offerings that require some server software.

Thank you

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com

Chris Andrist, KC7WSU

I use RadioPro, but it requires a dedicated Motorola XPR Mobile Radio.

I would love to see some software that would allow me to run a small node on a raspberry pi with a thumbdv and allow my phone to access the network.

Regards,

Chris Andrist, KC7WSU
DMR-UTAH

On Oct 17, 2017, at 10:05 AM, Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...> wrote:

I honestly sometimes miss things while doing research for "whats out there" With all of the tools for building networks. Has anyone come up with a way to peer a smartphone to an ipsc network?

I know there is some commercial offerings that require some server software.

Thank you

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com

Steve N4IRS

Well,
AllStar + Analog_Bridge + IPSC_Bridge Will do that.
There is a Android app for AllStarLink <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dvswitch>

73, Steve

On 10/17/2017 1:18 PM, Chris Andrist wrote:
[...]

Matthew 2E0SIP

Hi Bob,

With a combination of IPSC_Bridge, Analog_Bridge,  Allstar Asterisk, and an AMBE chip you can connect a SIP client to a single DMR talk group, however changing talkgroup on the fly would require some additional code.

You'd also be limited to one talkgroup per AMBE chip. However several SIP  users could connect to the same TG.

I *intend* to make a Web based client for Allstar Asterisk, which could be ported over as an app with some assistance, but it's a little way down my list of projects.

I hope that helps

Matthew

Steve N4IRS

Analog_Bridge will accept TG/TS commands externally (on the fly) See tune.sh in the scripts directory. "tune.sh 3112173 311246 31123 2 1"
The Android app I posted the link to is a IAX client.

Steve

On 10/17/2017 1:28 PM, Matthew 2E0SIP wrote:
Hi Bob,

With a combination of IPSC_Bridge, Analog_Bridge,  Allstar Asterisk, and an AMBE chip you can connect a SIP client to a single DMR talk group, however changing talkgroup on the fly would require some additional code.

You'd also be limited to one talkgroup per AMBE chip. However several SIP  users could connect to the same TG.

I *intend* to make a Web based client for Allstar Asterisk, which could be ported over as an app with some assistance, but it's a little way down my list of projects.

I hope that helps

Matthew

Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...>

Group,

Thanks for the replies, I have used the Android iax app, and yes that works, and the audio is good. The only issue I have is that it doesn't seem to stay connected, I've started to run in the background, but I often find it will disconnect after a short while.

Has anyone else experienced this using the app too?

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 10:34 am, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Analog_Bridge will accept TG/TS commands externally (on the fly) See tune.sh in the scripts directory. "tune.sh 3112173 311246 31123 2 1"

Oh, nice! thanks for confirmation