Topics

Stacato audio on DVSM


Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 

I have a fresh install of OS on Raspi (Buster).
I have Ambe server running, which I know works as I can hook up BlueDV ambe to it and get great audio.
DVswitch AB is linked to the ambe server, 127.0.0.1:2471
I have scoured the ini files for any clue as to what might be happening here, but I am at a loss.
I have attached an audio file to this post in mp3 format, it's only about 30 seconds long.
If anyone knows how I can fix this problem I would be appreciative.

I have exactly the same hardware running the EA5GVK DVlink image and have no problems with that at all, so pretty sure this isn't hardware.

Many thanks in advance, as always grateful there are folk in this world smarter than me.


Steve N4IRS
 

I suggest you post your ini files. Also, what modes are having the issue? What modes do not have a issue?
When you say you have exactly the same hardware working with DVlink, do you mean you switch the SD card between DVlink and Buster?

Steve N4IRS

On 8/27/20 5:46 AM, Derek William Haden wrote:
I have a fresh install of OS on Raspi (Buster).
I have Ambe server running, which I know works as I can hook up BlueDV ambe to it and get great audio.
DVswitch AB is linked to the ambe server, 127.0.0.1:2471
I have scoured the ini files for any clue as to what might be happening here, but I am at a loss.
I have attached an audio file to this post in mp3 format, it's only about 30 seconds long.
If anyone knows how I can fix this problem I would be appreciative.

I have exactly the same hardware running the EA5GVK DVlink image and have no problems with that at all, so pretty sure this isn't hardware.

Many thanks in advance, as always grateful there are folk in this world smarter than me.


Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 

The issue is with all modes I have enabled, DMR, DStar, YSF, I do not have P25 or NXDN enabled.
Yes I have 2 SD cards DVlink and Buster with the DVSwitch install from the DVSwitch-System-Builder.




Steve N4IRS
 

OK,
Let's verify AMBEServer.
Stop Analog_Bridge with "systemctl stop analog_bridge"
cd /opt/Analog_Bridge

wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/Analog_Bridge/raw/master/scripts/AMBEtest4.py
You are going to have to edit AMBEtest4.py to change line 35 to "UDP_PORT = 2471"

run AMBEtest4.py with "python AMBEtest4.py -e  -v  -i 127.0.0.1"

Please post the results.

Steve N4IRS  


On 8/27/2020 6:28 AM, Derek William Haden wrote:
The issue is with all modes I have enabled, DMR, DStar, YSF, I do not have P25 or NXDN enabled.
Yes I have 2 SD cards DVlink and Buster with the DVSwitch install from the DVSwitch-System-Builder.





Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 06:01 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
AMBEtest4.py with "python AMBEtest4.py -e  -v  -i 127.0.0.1"
As requested
last 3 lines of the test

Testing Encode PCM
Test result: Success (61000b010148d58ac75557271ec97f)
Error count =  0
 


Steve N4IRS
 

OK, thanks.
reboot the RPi, login, sudo -s
Show me the result of ps -ax

Question, are you having audio problems on all 3 modes?

Steve


On 8/27/2020 10:09 AM, Derek William Haden wrote:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 06:01 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
AMBEtest4.py with "python AMBEtest4.py -e  -v  -i 127.0.0.1"
As requested
last 3 lines of the test

Testing Encode PCM
Test result: Success (61000b010148d58ac75557271ec97f)
Error count =  0
 


Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 

Yes audio problems on all 3 modes.


Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 

Result of  ps -ax

  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
    1 ?        Ss     0:05 /sbin/init splash
    2 ?        S      0:00 [kthreadd]
    3 ?        I<     0:00 [rcu_gp]
    4 ?        I<     0:00 [rcu_par_gp]
    5 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:0-events]
    6 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/0:0H-mmc_complete]
    7 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/u8:0-brcmf_wq/mmc1:0001:1]
    8 ?        I<     0:00 [mm_percpu_wq]
    9 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/0]
   10 ?        I      0:00 [rcu_sched]
   11 ?        S      0:00 [migration/0]
   12 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/0]
   13 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/1]
   14 ?        S      0:00 [migration/1]
   15 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/1]
   16 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:0-mm_percpu_wq]
   17 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/1:0H-kblockd]
   18 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/2]
   19 ?        S      0:00 [migration/2]
   20 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/2]
   21 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:0-cgroup_destroy]
   22 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/2:0H-kblockd]
   23 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/3]
   24 ?        S      0:00 [migration/3]
   25 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/3]
   26 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:0-events]
   27 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/3:0H-kblockd]
   28 ?        S      0:00 [kdevtmpfs]
   29 ?        I<     0:00 [netns]
   30 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:1-mm_percpu_wq]
   31 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:1-events]
   32 ?        S      0:00 [khungtaskd]
   33 ?        S      0:00 [oom_reaper]
   34 ?        I<     0:00 [writeback]
   35 ?        S      0:00 [kcompactd0]
   52 ?        I<     0:00 [kblockd]
   53 ?        I<     0:00 [blkcg_punt_bio]
   54 ?        S      0:00 [watchdogd]
   55 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:1-events]
   56 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:1-ipv6_addrconf]
   57 ?        I<     0:00 [rpciod]
   58 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/u9:0-hci0]
   59 ?        I<     0:00 [xprtiod]
   60 ?        S      0:00 [kswapd0]
   61 ?        I<     0:00 [nfsiod]
   62 ?        I<     0:00 [iscsi_eh]
   63 ?        I<     0:00 [dwc_otg]
   64 ?        I<     0:00 [DWC Notificatio]
   65 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:2-cgroup_destroy]
   66 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-slot/0]
   67 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-recy/0]
   68 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-sync/0]
   69 ?        S      0:00 [vchiq-keep/0]
   70 ?        S<     0:00 [SMIO]
   71 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:2-cgroup_destroy]
   72 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:3-events]
   73 ?        I<     0:00 [mmc_complete]
   74 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/2:1H-kblockd]
   75 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/0:1H-mmc_complete]
   76 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/3:1H-kblockd]
   77 ?        S      0:00 [jbd2/mmcblk0p2-]
   78 ?        I<     0:00 [ext4-rsv-conver]
   79 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/3:2H-events_highpri]
   80 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:2-events]
   81 ?        I<     0:00 [ipv6_addrconf]
   82 ?        R      0:00 [kworker/u8:1-events_unbound]
   84 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/1:1H-events_highpri]
   97 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/0:2H-kblockd]
  102 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/2:2H-kblockd]
  105 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/1:2H]
  118 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-journald
  121 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/u8:2-events_unbound]
  142 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:3-rcu_gp]
  143 ?        Ss     0:01 /lib/systemd/systemd-udevd
  147 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd
  167 ?        S<     0:00 [SMIO]
  188 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  191 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  193 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  195 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  228 ?        I<     0:00 [cfg80211]
  239 ?        I<     0:00 [brcmf_wq/mmc1:0]
  241 ?        S      0:00 [brcmf_wdog/mmc1]
  242 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:3-events]
  357 ?        Ssl    0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-timesyncd
  369 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/rsyslogd -n -iNONE
  370 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/thd --triggers /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d
  374 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/udisks2/udisksd
  386 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/cron -f
  390 ?        Ss     0:00 avahi-daemon: running [dv5w1tch.local]
  398 ?        SLsl   0:00 /usr/sbin/rngd -r /dev/hwrng
  402 ?        SNs    0:00 /usr/sbin/alsactl -E HOME=/run/alsa -s -n 19 -c rdaem
  421 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system --address=systemd: --no
  432 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/wpa_supplicant -u -s -O /run/wpa_supplicant
  434 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-logind
  440 ?        S      0:00 avahi-daemon: chroot helper
  453 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/dhcpcd -q -b
  476 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/vncserver-x11-serviced -fg
  479 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:2-mm_percpu_wq]
  485 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/local/sbin/AMBEserver -p 2471 -i /dev/ttyUSB0 -s
  486 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/policykit-1/polkitd --no-debug
  487 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:4-events]
  490 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/lightdm
  492 ?        S      0:01 /usr/bin/vncserver-x11-core -service
  502 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -D
  506 ?        Ss     0:00 wpa_supplicant -B -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplican
  512 tty7     Ssl+   0:01 /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/ligh
  530 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:3-cgroup_destroy]
  534 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/u9:1-hci0]
  535 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/hciattach /dev/serial1 bcm43xx 921600 noflow
  540 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/u9:2-hci0]
  547 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd
  556 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/bin/bluealsa
  569 ?        S<     0:00 [krfcommd]
  584 tty1     Ss     0:00 /bin/login -f
  598 ?        Sl     0:00 lightdm --session-child 14 17
  606 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd --user
  609 ?        S      0:00 (sd-pam)
  717 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE-pi -e LXDE
  726 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --session --address=systemd: --n
  735 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/YSFParrot/YSFParrot 42012
  737 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/Quantar_Bridge/Quantar_Bridge /opt/Quantar_Bridg
  739 ?        Ssl    0:01 /opt/Analog_Bridge/Analog_Bridge /opt/Analog_Bridge/A
  741 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/P25Parrot/P25Parrot 42011
  743 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/md380-emu/md380-emu -S 2470
  750 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/NXDNParrot/NXDNParrot 42021
  751 ?        Ssl    0:01 /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDV
  752 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway /opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway
  753 ?        Ssl    0:00 /opt/NXDNGateway/NXDNGateway /opt/NXDNGateway/NXDNGat
  754 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/bin/ircddbgatewayd -logdir:/var/log/ircddbgatewa
  755 ?        Ssl    0:00 /opt/P25Gateway/P25Gateway /opt/P25Gateway/P25Gateway
  766 tty1     S+     0:00 -bash
  801 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent x-session-manager
  831 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/vncagent service 15
  836 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd
  851 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-fuse /run/user/1000/gvfs -f -o bi
  857 ?        S      0:00 openbox --config-file /home/pi/.config/openbox/lxde-p
  865 ?        Sl     0:00 lxpolkit
  867 ?        Sl     0:01 lxpanel --profile LXDE-pi
  873 ?        Sl     0:00 pcmanfm --desktop --profile LXDE-pi
  879 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent -s
  908 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor
  913 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-goa-volume-monitor
  917 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-afc-volume-monitor
  922 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor
  927 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor
  934 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/menu-cache/menu-cached /run/user/1000/menu-c
  939 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-trash --spawner :1.4 /org/gtk/gvf
  948 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/vncserverui service 16
  958 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/vncserverui -statusicon 5
 1036 ?        Dl     0:01 lxterminal
 1050 pts/0    Ss     0:00 bash
 1055 pts/0    S      0:00 sudo -s
 1060 pts/0    S      0:00 /bin/bash
 1063 pts/0    R+     0:00 ps -ax


Steve N4IRS
 

systemctl stop lightdm

Retest audio

On 8/27/2020 10:27 AM, Derek William Haden wrote:
Result of  ps -ax

  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
    1 ?        Ss     0:05 /sbin/init splash
    2 ?        S      0:00 [kthreadd]
    3 ?        I<     0:00 [rcu_gp]
    4 ?        I<     0:00 [rcu_par_gp]
    5 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:0-events]
    6 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/0:0H-mmc_complete]
    7 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/u8:0-brcmf_wq/mmc1:0001:1]
    8 ?        I<     0:00 [mm_percpu_wq]
    9 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/0]
   10 ?        I      0:00 [rcu_sched]
   11 ?        S      0:00 [migration/0]
   12 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/0]
   13 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/1]
   14 ?        S      0:00 [migration/1]
   15 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/1]
   16 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:0-mm_percpu_wq]
   17 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/1:0H-kblockd]
   18 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/2]
   19 ?        S      0:00 [migration/2]
   20 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/2]
   21 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:0-cgroup_destroy]
   22 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/2:0H-kblockd]
   23 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/3]
   24 ?        S      0:00 [migration/3]
   25 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/3]
   26 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:0-events]
   27 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/3:0H-kblockd]
   28 ?        S      0:00 [kdevtmpfs]
   29 ?        I<     0:00 [netns]
   30 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:1-mm_percpu_wq]
   31 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:1-events]
   32 ?        S      0:00 [khungtaskd]
   33 ?        S      0:00 [oom_reaper]
   34 ?        I<     0:00 [writeback]
   35 ?        S      0:00 [kcompactd0]
   52 ?        I<     0:00 [kblockd]
   53 ?        I<     0:00 [blkcg_punt_bio]
   54 ?        S      0:00 [watchdogd]
   55 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:1-events]
   56 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:1-ipv6_addrconf]
   57 ?        I<     0:00 [rpciod]
   58 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/u9:0-hci0]
   59 ?        I<     0:00 [xprtiod]
   60 ?        S      0:00 [kswapd0]
   61 ?        I<     0:00 [nfsiod]
   62 ?        I<     0:00 [iscsi_eh]
   63 ?        I<     0:00 [dwc_otg]
   64 ?        I<     0:00 [DWC Notificatio]
   65 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:2-cgroup_destroy]
   66 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-slot/0]
   67 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-recy/0]
   68 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-sync/0]
   69 ?        S      0:00 [vchiq-keep/0]
   70 ?        S<     0:00 [SMIO]
   71 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:2-cgroup_destroy]
   72 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:3-events]
   73 ?        I<     0:00 [mmc_complete]
   74 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/2:1H-kblockd]
   75 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/0:1H-mmc_complete]
   76 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/3:1H-kblockd]
   77 ?        S      0:00 [jbd2/mmcblk0p2-]
   78 ?        I<     0:00 [ext4-rsv-conver]
   79 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/3:2H-events_highpri]
   80 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:2-events]
   81 ?        I<     0:00 [ipv6_addrconf]
   82 ?        R      0:00 [kworker/u8:1-events_unbound]
   84 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/1:1H-events_highpri]
   97 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/0:2H-kblockd]
  102 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/2:2H-kblockd]
  105 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/1:2H]
  118 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-journald
  121 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/u8:2-events_unbound]
  142 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:3-rcu_gp]
  143 ?        Ss     0:01 /lib/systemd/systemd-udevd
  147 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd
  167 ?        S<     0:00 [SMIO]
  188 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  191 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  193 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  195 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  228 ?        I<     0:00 [cfg80211]
  239 ?        I<     0:00 [brcmf_wq/mmc1:0]
  241 ?        S      0:00 [brcmf_wdog/mmc1]
  242 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:3-events]
  357 ?        Ssl    0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-timesyncd
  369 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/rsyslogd -n -iNONE
  370 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/thd --triggers /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d
  374 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/udisks2/udisksd
  386 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/cron -f
  390 ?        Ss     0:00 avahi-daemon: running [dv5w1tch.local]
  398 ?        SLsl   0:00 /usr/sbin/rngd -r /dev/hwrng
  402 ?        SNs    0:00 /usr/sbin/alsactl -E HOME=/run/alsa -s -n 19 -c rdaem
  421 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system --address=systemd: --no
  432 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/wpa_supplicant -u -s -O /run/wpa_supplicant
  434 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-logind
  440 ?        S      0:00 avahi-daemon: chroot helper
  453 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/dhcpcd -q -b
  476 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/vncserver-x11-serviced -fg
  479 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:2-mm_percpu_wq]
  485 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/local/sbin/AMBEserver -p 2471 -i /dev/ttyUSB0 -s
  486 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/policykit-1/polkitd --no-debug
  487 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:4-events]
  490 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/lightdm
  492 ?        S      0:01 /usr/bin/vncserver-x11-core -service
  502 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -D
  506 ?        Ss     0:00 wpa_supplicant -B -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplican
  512 tty7     Ssl+   0:01 /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/ligh
  530 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:3-cgroup_destroy]
  534 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/u9:1-hci0]
  535 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/hciattach /dev/serial1 bcm43xx 921600 noflow
  540 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/u9:2-hci0]
  547 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd
  556 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/bin/bluealsa
  569 ?        S<     0:00 [krfcommd]
  584 tty1     Ss     0:00 /bin/login -f
  598 ?        Sl     0:00 lightdm --session-child 14 17
  606 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd --user
  609 ?        S      0:00 (sd-pam)
  717 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE-pi -e LXDE
  726 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --session --address=systemd: --n
  735 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/YSFParrot/YSFParrot 42012
  737 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/Quantar_Bridge/Quantar_Bridge /opt/Quantar_Bridg
  739 ?        Ssl    0:01 /opt/Analog_Bridge/Analog_Bridge /opt/Analog_Bridge/A
  741 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/P25Parrot/P25Parrot 42011
  743 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/md380-emu/md380-emu -S 2470
  750 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/NXDNParrot/NXDNParrot 42021
  751 ?        Ssl    0:01 /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDV
  752 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway /opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway
  753 ?        Ssl    0:00 /opt/NXDNGateway/NXDNGateway /opt/NXDNGateway/NXDNGat
  754 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/bin/ircddbgatewayd -logdir:/var/log/ircddbgatewa
  755 ?        Ssl    0:00 /opt/P25Gateway/P25Gateway /opt/P25Gateway/P25Gateway
  766 tty1     S+     0:00 -bash
  801 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent x-session-manager
  831 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/vncagent service 15
  836 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd
  851 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-fuse /run/user/1000/gvfs -f -o bi
  857 ?        S      0:00 openbox --config-file /home/pi/.config/openbox/lxde-p
  865 ?        Sl     0:00 lxpolkit
  867 ?        Sl     0:01 lxpanel --profile LXDE-pi
  873 ?        Sl     0:00 pcmanfm --desktop --profile LXDE-pi
  879 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent -s
  908 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor
  913 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-goa-volume-monitor
  917 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-afc-volume-monitor
  922 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor
  927 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor
  934 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/menu-cache/menu-cached /run/user/1000/menu-c
  939 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-trash --spawner :1.4 /org/gtk/gvf
  948 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/vncserverui service 16
  958 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/vncserverui -statusicon 5
 1036 ?        Dl     0:01 lxterminal
 1050 pts/0    Ss     0:00 bash
 1055 pts/0    S      0:00 sudo -s
 1060 pts/0    S      0:00 /bin/bash
 1063 pts/0    R+     0:00 ps -ax


Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 

That crashed the pi?


Steve N4IRS
 

Are you sure it crashed or did it just stop the GUI. I want to know if the problem is still present if you are not running all the overhead of the GUI / VNC etc.
Use ssh from another computer to access the RPi.

On 8/27/2020 11:05 AM, Derek William Haden wrote:
That crashed the pi?


Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 

No sorry didn't crash the pi, it killed vnc.


Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 
Edited

It's killed vnc I restarted lightdm via SSH, vnc now working again.

and the end result it did not alter the audio at all.


Steve N4IRS
 

I don't want lightdm or VNC running for the test. Just SSH in to manage the RPi

On 8/27/2020 11:15 AM, Derek William Haden wrote:
It's killed vnc and now it won't show the remote desktop.

I have tried to restart lightdm via SSH but doesn't work.


Steve N4IRS
 

Show me the result of ps -ax when you tested the audio.

Steve

On 8/27/2020 11:15 AM, Derek William Haden wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

It's killed vnc I restarted lightdm via SSH, vnc now working again.

and the end result it did not alter the audio at all.


Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 

Stopped vnc, SSH to pi stop lightdm

no change to audio.


Steve N4IRS
 

Show me the result of ps -ax when you tested the audio.

On 8/27/2020 11:21 AM, Derek William Haden wrote:
Stopped vnc, SSH to pi stop lightdm

no change to audio.


Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 

I ran ps -ax (as su) twice, first time transmitting, then receiving.
the output from both is the same.
  
PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
    1 ?        Ss     0:07 /sbin/init splash
    2 ?        S      0:00 [kthreadd]
    3 ?        I<     0:00 [rcu_gp]
    4 ?        I<     0:00 [rcu_par_gp]
    8 ?        I<     0:00 [mm_percpu_wq]
    9 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/0]
   10 ?        I      0:00 [rcu_sched]
   11 ?        S      0:00 [migration/0]
   12 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/0]
   13 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/1]
   14 ?        S      0:00 [migration/1]
   15 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/1]
   18 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/2]
   19 ?        S      0:00 [migration/2]
   20 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/2]
   23 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/3]
   24 ?        S      0:00 [migration/3]
   25 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/3]
   26 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:0-events]
   28 ?        S      0:00 [kdevtmpfs]
   29 ?        I<     0:00 [netns]
   32 ?        S      0:00 [khungtaskd]
   33 ?        S      0:00 [oom_reaper]
   34 ?        I<     0:00 [writeback]
   35 ?        S      0:00 [kcompactd0]
   52 ?        I<     0:00 [kblockd]
   53 ?        I<     0:00 [blkcg_punt_bio]
   54 ?        S      0:00 [watchdogd]
   55 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:1-events_power_efficient]
   57 ?        I<     0:00 [rpciod]
   59 ?        I<     0:00 [xprtiod]
   60 ?        S      0:00 [kswapd0]
   61 ?        I<     0:00 [nfsiod]
   62 ?        I<     0:00 [iscsi_eh]
   63 ?        I<     0:00 [dwc_otg]
   64 ?        I<     0:00 [DWC Notificatio]
   66 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-slot/0]
   67 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-recy/0]
   68 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-sync/0]
   69 ?        S      0:00 [vchiq-keep/0]
   70 ?        S<     0:00 [SMIO]
   71 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:3-events]
   72 ?        I<     0:00 [mmc_complete]
   73 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/1:1H-kblockd]
   74 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/0:1H-mmc_complete]
   76 ?        S      0:00 [jbd2/mmcblk0p2-]
   77 ?        I<     0:00 [ext4-rsv-conver]
   80 ?        I<     0:00 [ipv6_addrconf]
   81 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/2:1H-kblockd]
   97 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/3:2H-kblockd]
   99 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/2:2H-kblockd]
  108 ?        Ss     0:01 /lib/systemd/systemd-journald
  116 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/u8:2-events_unbound]
  142 ?        Ss     0:01 /lib/systemd/systemd-udevd
  151 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd
  165 ?        S<     0:00 [SMIO]
  172 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  175 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  179 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  180 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  227 ?        I<     0:00 [cfg80211]
  234 ?        I<     0:00 [brcmf_wq/mmc1:0]
  236 ?        S      0:00 [brcmf_wdog/mmc1]
  272 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/u8:3-events_unbound]
  334 ?        Ssl    0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-timesyncd
  372 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/rsyslogd -n -iNONE
  378 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/thd --triggers /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d
  379 ?        SLsl   0:01 /usr/sbin/rngd -r /dev/hwrng
  388 ?        SNs    0:00 /usr/sbin/alsactl -E HOME=/run/alsa -s -n 19 -c rdaem
  395 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/cron -f
  401 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-logind
  402 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system --address=systemd: --no
  424 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/udisks2/udisksd
  425 ?        Ss     0:00 avahi-daemon: running [dv5w1tch.local]
  428 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/wpa_supplicant -u -s -O /run/wpa_supplicant
  443 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/dhcpcd -q -b
  453 ?        S      0:00 avahi-daemon: chroot helper
  479 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/vncserver-x11-serviced -fg
  484 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/local/sbin/AMBEserver -p 2471 -i /dev/ttyUSB0 -s
  485 ?        S      0:07 /usr/bin/vncserver-x11-core -service
  486 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/policykit-1/polkitd --no-debug
  493 ?        Ss     0:00 wpa_supplicant -B -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplican
  498 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -D
  529 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:3-events]
  534 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/hciattach /dev/serial1 bcm43xx 921600 noflow
  535 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/u9:1-hci0]
  537 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/u9:2-hci0]
  538 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd
  539 tty1     Ss     0:00 /bin/login -f
  540 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/bin/bluealsa
  554 ?        S<     0:00 [krfcommd]
  617 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd --user
  620 ?        S      0:00 (sd-pam)
  633 tty1     S+     0:00 -bash
  731 ?        Ss     0:06 /opt/P25Parrot/P25Parrot 42011
  733 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/Quantar_Bridge/Quantar_Bridge /opt/Quantar_Bridg
  735 ?        Ss     0:06 /opt/NXDNParrot/NXDNParrot 42021
  737 ?        Ss     0:06 /opt/YSFParrot/YSFParrot 42012
  738 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/md380-emu/md380-emu -S 2470
  740 ?        Ssl    0:02 /opt/Analog_Bridge/Analog_Bridge /opt/Analog_Bridge/A
  744 ?        Ssl    0:08 /opt/NXDNGateway/NXDNGateway /opt/NXDNGateway/NXDNGat
  745 ?        Ssl    0:14 /usr/bin/ircddbgatewayd -logdir:/var/log/ircddbgatewa
  746 ?        Ss     0:09 /opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway /opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway
  747 ?        Ssl    0:17 /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDV
  748 ?        Ssl    0:08 /opt/P25Gateway/P25Gateway /opt/P25Gateway/P25Gateway
  961 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --session --address=systemd: --n
 1014 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd
 1019 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-fuse /run/user/1000/gvfs -f -o bi
 1022 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/1:0H]
 1039 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/0:0H]
 1048 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/3:1H]
 1078 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor
 1083 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-goa-volume-monitor
 1087 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-afc-volume-monitor
 1092 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor
 1096 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor
 1103 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-trash --spawner :1.4 /org/gtk/gvf
 1220 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:0-events_power_efficient]
 1498 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/u8:1-events_unbound]
 1499 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:0-events]
 1500 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:2-events]
 1523 ?        Ss     0:00 sshd: pi [priv]
 1534 ?        R      0:00 sshd: pi@pts/0
 1537 pts/0    Ss     0:00 -bash
 1555 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:1-events]
 1572 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:2-events_power_efficient]
 1585 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:0-events]
 1586 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:1-events]
 1614 pts/0    S      0:00 sudo -s
 1619 pts/0    S      0:00 /bin/bash
 1623 pts/0    R+     0:00 ps -ax
 


Steve N4IRS
 

Looks like still a number of GUI "services" running.
as root:
raspi-config
Select 3 "boot options"
Select B1 "Desktop / CLI"
Select B1 "Console"
 Select finish
Select Yes "reboot"

Login via ssh and retest.
      

On 8/27/2020 11:30 AM, Derek William Haden wrote:
I ran ps -ax (as su) twice, first time transmitting, then receiving.
the output from both is the same.
  
PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
    1 ?        Ss     0:07 /sbin/init splash
    2 ?        S      0:00 [kthreadd]
    3 ?        I<     0:00 [rcu_gp]
    4 ?        I<     0:00 [rcu_par_gp]
    8 ?        I<     0:00 [mm_percpu_wq]
    9 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/0]
   10 ?        I      0:00 [rcu_sched]
   11 ?        S      0:00 [migration/0]
   12 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/0]
   13 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/1]
   14 ?        S      0:00 [migration/1]
   15 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/1]
   18 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/2]
   19 ?        S      0:00 [migration/2]
   20 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/2]
   23 ?        S      0:00 [cpuhp/3]
   24 ?        S      0:00 [migration/3]
   25 ?        S      0:00 [ksoftirqd/3]
   26 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:0-events]
   28 ?        S      0:00 [kdevtmpfs]
   29 ?        I<     0:00 [netns]
   32 ?        S      0:00 [khungtaskd]
   33 ?        S      0:00 [oom_reaper]
   34 ?        I<     0:00 [writeback]
   35 ?        S      0:00 [kcompactd0]
   52 ?        I<     0:00 [kblockd]
   53 ?        I<     0:00 [blkcg_punt_bio]
   54 ?        S      0:00 [watchdogd]
   55 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:1-events_power_efficient]
   57 ?        I<     0:00 [rpciod]
   59 ?        I<     0:00 [xprtiod]
   60 ?        S      0:00 [kswapd0]
   61 ?        I<     0:00 [nfsiod]
   62 ?        I<     0:00 [iscsi_eh]
   63 ?        I<     0:00 [dwc_otg]
   64 ?        I<     0:00 [DWC Notificatio]
   66 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-slot/0]
   67 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-recy/0]
   68 ?        S<     0:00 [vchiq-sync/0]
   69 ?        S      0:00 [vchiq-keep/0]
   70 ?        S<     0:00 [SMIO]
   71 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:3-events]
   72 ?        I<     0:00 [mmc_complete]
   73 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/1:1H-kblockd]
   74 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/0:1H-mmc_complete]
   76 ?        S      0:00 [jbd2/mmcblk0p2-]
   77 ?        I<     0:00 [ext4-rsv-conver]
   80 ?        I<     0:00 [ipv6_addrconf]
   81 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/2:1H-kblockd]
   97 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/3:2H-kblockd]
   99 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/2:2H-kblockd]
  108 ?        Ss     0:01 /lib/systemd/systemd-journald
  116 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/u8:2-events_unbound]
  142 ?        Ss     0:01 /lib/systemd/systemd-udevd
  151 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd
  165 ?        S<     0:00 [SMIO]
  172 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  175 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  179 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  180 ?        I<     0:00 [mmal-vchiq]
  227 ?        I<     0:00 [cfg80211]
  234 ?        I<     0:00 [brcmf_wq/mmc1:0]
  236 ?        S      0:00 [brcmf_wdog/mmc1]
  272 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/u8:3-events_unbound]
  334 ?        Ssl    0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-timesyncd
  372 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/rsyslogd -n -iNONE
  378 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/thd --triggers /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d
  379 ?        SLsl   0:01 /usr/sbin/rngd -r /dev/hwrng
  388 ?        SNs    0:00 /usr/sbin/alsactl -E HOME=/run/alsa -s -n 19 -c rdaem
  395 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/cron -f
  401 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-logind
  402 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system --address=systemd: --no
  424 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/udisks2/udisksd
  425 ?        Ss     0:00 avahi-daemon: running [dv5w1tch.local]
  428 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/wpa_supplicant -u -s -O /run/wpa_supplicant
  443 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/dhcpcd -q -b
  453 ?        S      0:00 avahi-daemon: chroot helper
  479 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/vncserver-x11-serviced -fg
  484 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/local/sbin/AMBEserver -p 2471 -i /dev/ttyUSB0 -s
  485 ?        S      0:07 /usr/bin/vncserver-x11-core -service
  486 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/policykit-1/polkitd --no-debug
  493 ?        Ss     0:00 wpa_supplicant -B -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplican
  498 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -D
  529 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:3-events]
  534 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/hciattach /dev/serial1 bcm43xx 921600 noflow
  535 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/u9:1-hci0]
  537 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/u9:2-hci0]
  538 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd
  539 tty1     Ss     0:00 /bin/login -f
  540 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/bin/bluealsa
  554 ?        S<     0:00 [krfcommd]
  617 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd --user
  620 ?        S      0:00 (sd-pam)
  633 tty1     S+     0:00 -bash
  731 ?        Ss     0:06 /opt/P25Parrot/P25Parrot 42011
  733 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/Quantar_Bridge/Quantar_Bridge /opt/Quantar_Bridg
  735 ?        Ss     0:06 /opt/NXDNParrot/NXDNParrot 42021
  737 ?        Ss     0:06 /opt/YSFParrot/YSFParrot 42012
  738 ?        Ss     0:00 /opt/md380-emu/md380-emu -S 2470
  740 ?        Ssl    0:02 /opt/Analog_Bridge/Analog_Bridge /opt/Analog_Bridge/A
  744 ?        Ssl    0:08 /opt/NXDNGateway/NXDNGateway /opt/NXDNGateway/NXDNGat
  745 ?        Ssl    0:14 /usr/bin/ircddbgatewayd -logdir:/var/log/ircddbgatewa
  746 ?        Ss     0:09 /opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway /opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway
  747 ?        Ssl    0:17 /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDV
  748 ?        Ssl    0:08 /opt/P25Gateway/P25Gateway /opt/P25Gateway/P25Gateway
  961 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --session --address=systemd: --n
 1014 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd
 1019 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-fuse /run/user/1000/gvfs -f -o bi
 1022 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/1:0H]
 1039 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/0:0H]
 1048 ?        I<     0:00 [kworker/3:1H]
 1078 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor
 1083 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-goa-volume-monitor
 1087 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-afc-volume-monitor
 1092 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor
 1096 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor
 1103 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-trash --spawner :1.4 /org/gtk/gvf
 1220 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:0-events_power_efficient]
 1498 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/u8:1-events_unbound]
 1499 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:0-events]
 1500 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:2-events]
 1523 ?        Ss     0:00 sshd: pi [priv]
 1534 ?        R      0:00 sshd: pi@pts/0
 1537 pts/0    Ss     0:00 -bash
 1555 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/3:1-events]
 1572 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/2:2-events_power_efficient]
 1585 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/1:0-events]
 1586 ?        I      0:00 [kworker/0:1-events]
 1614 pts/0    S      0:00 sudo -s
 1619 pts/0    S      0:00 /bin/bash
 1623 pts/0    R+     0:00 ps -ax
 


Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
 

Booted to console as you asked.
So running headless.
still same problem