Static Talk Groups on IPSC2 DMR+ Server

Mike Kilsby

Hi Group Members, I am looking for some info/help?

I have set up a DVSwitch Server and use the Android DVSM app to control the server.

I was wondering if it is possible to set up static TG’s when DMR mode is set to DMR+.
I often use the VK DMR Hotspot server which is IPSC2.
If you key say TG 505 it will remain on for the 15 mins or so then drop off.
With BrandMeister one can set Static TG’s via Self Care.
When using a Pi-Star server Statics can be set in “Options”

Can the DMR+ ini files? be configured to allow “options” like Pi-Star?

Any info or suggestions as to who can help greatly appreciated.

Best 73 Mike
VK4MY QLD Australia.

Steve N4IRS

[DMR Network]
Enable=0
Address=hblink.dvswitch.org
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
# for DMR+ see https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/blob/master/DOC/DMRplus_startup_options.md
# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009
# Options=
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

On 5/9/22 22:40, Mike Kilsby wrote:
Hi Group Members, I am looking for some info/help?

I have set up a DVSwitch Server and use the Android DVSM app to control the server.

I was wondering if it is possible to set up static TG’s when DMR mode is set to DMR+.
I often use the VK DMR Hotspot server which is IPSC2.
If you key say TG 505 it will remain on for the 15 mins or so then drop off.
With BrandMeister one can set Static TG’s via Self Care.
When using a Pi-Star server Statics can be set in “Options”

Can the DMR+ ini files? be configured to allow “options” like Pi-Star?

Any info or suggestions as to who can help greatly appreciated.

Best 73 Mike
VK4MY QLD Australia.

Mike Kilsby

Hi Steve, many thanks for the below info.
Had totally missed the .ini edit within the Server Menu.

DMR Network]
Enable=0
Address=hblink.dvswitch.org
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
# for DMR+ seehttps://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/blob/master/DOC/DMRplus_startup_options.md
# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009
Options=
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

I followed the instructions as per above and added the Option line data as required and removed the # sign.
I also changed the enable=1 (which is the default) to 0 as per above and could not connect to the VK Hotspot Server. Changing back to 1 and could connect all ok but no Options string appeared on the server.

Maybe there has been some changes or it is our VK-DMR Hotspot IPSC2 Server?

many thanks for your help. Cheers Mike

GB7NR Support

Hi Mike, you do a few options here. You can connect to VKDMR and add an options line and connect direct to the the originating network. You can also connect to IPSC2-FreeSTAR or any IPSC2 for that matter and connect to TG505 as a static. Example ..

DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=185.169.252.213
Port=55555
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=PASSWORD
# for DMR+ see https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/blob/master/DOC/DMRplus_startup_options.md
# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009
Options=TS1_1=505;TS2_1=23416;
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

This will give you static TG505 & TG23416. Again you can do this on any IPSC2 master. :). The key here is TS1_1=505;

You don’t need add any reflector options at this point either.

Shane
M0VUB

Mike Kilsby

Edited

Hi Steve, I have set some options in the DMR .ini file per your reply.
As there are up to five DMR networks available in DVSwitch (BrandMeister (default), DMR+, TGIF & another two (Other1 & Other 2) that can be programmed, I assume the options set relate to which ever DMR mode is set as primary (BrandMeister unless changed). If DMR+ was set as primary then the “Options” would relate to DMR+?
Many Thanks.
73 Mike