STFU


Mike Zingman - N4IRR
 

Do not use SSID, just 7 digit DMR ID


f0dei
 

yes, 7 digit  (2080360) but it's not working.

KENWOOD NX5300 decode as Broadcast call 
(not decode every Time)
HYTERA and Motorola decode nothing.


Kenneth Grimard
 

What is stfu mode?

What is intercom mode?

Ken n1dot


On Thu, Apr 22, 2021, 15:30 f0dei <f0dei@...> wrote:
yes, 7 digit  (2080360) but it's not working.

KENWOOD NX5300 decode as Broadcast call 
(not decode every Time)
HYTERA and Motorola decode nothing.


Steve N4IRS
 

STFU is our implementation of the BrandMeister Open DMR Terminal Protocol. BM is pushing all the software based developrs to use ODMRTP to connect to BM. Simple Terminal Feature Update is our answer to BrandMeister. ODMRTP has problems and more may have cropped up today.

Intercom mode is used to communicate between DVSwitch clients across the Analog_Reflector without going out over and of the supported digital protocols (DMR D-Star YSF NXDN P25 M17)

Steve N4IRS

On 4/22/21 4:41 PM, Kenneth Grimard wrote:
What is stfu mode?

What is intercom mode?

Ken n1dot


On Thu, Apr 22, 2021, 15:30 f0dei <f0dei@...> wrote:
yes, 7 digit  (2080360) but it's not working.

KENWOOD NX5300 decode as Broadcast call 
(not decode every Time)
HYTERA and Motorola decode nothing.



Steve N4IRS
 

So,
I need to clear something up. You are not hearing the audio on Motorola and Hytera radios?
What is the transmitter? MMDVM? Motorola repeater? Hytera repeater? We will be doing some testing over the next few days.

Steve N4IRS

On 4/22/21 3:30 PM, f0dei wrote:
yes, 7 digit  (2080360) but it's not working.

KENWOOD NX5300 decode as Broadcast call 
(not decode every Time)
HYTERA and Motorola decode nothing.



f0dei
 
Edited

Hi,

Repeaters are Hytera RD985 and RD985S

master.bm262.de :

1:  I don't heard audio on Hytera and Motorola radios and did not see ID or talkeralias

2:  I heard audio and see talkeralias on Kenwood NX5300  (Note: Kenwood decode the incoming signal as Broadcast  Call "NOT" Group Call)

3:  I heard audio on Anytone AT-868 (no ID, no talkeralias)

From RF side to STFU (it work fine)

3102.repeater.net

1:  I don't heard audio on Hytera and Motorola radios and did not see ID or talkeralias

2:  I heard audio and see talkeralias on Kenwood NX5300  (Note: Kenwood decode the incoming signal as  Emergency Group Call)

3: I heard audio on Anytone AT-868 (no ID, no talkeralias)

From RF side to STFU (it work fine)

See attached pictures, but it's really not easy to debug

73
Toufik, F0DEI


Steve N4IRS
 

What version of the OS are you running? Show the output of:
uname -a

Steve N4IRS

On 4/23/21 11:04 PM, f0dei wrote:
Hi,

Repeaters are Hytera RD985 and RD985S

master.bm262.de :

1:  I don't heard audio on Hytera and Motorola radios and did not see ID or talkeralias

2:  I heard audio and see talkeralias on Kenwood NX5300  (Note: Kenwood decode the incoming signal as Broadcast  Call "NOT" Group Call)

3:  I heard audio on Anytone AT-868 (no ID, no talkeralias)

From RF side to STFU (it work fine)

3102.repeater.net

1:  I don't heard audio on Hytera and Motorola radios and did not see ID or talkeralias

2:  I heard audio and see talkeralias on Kenwood NX5300  (Note: Kenwood decode the incoming signal as  Emergency Group Call)

3: I heard audio on Anytone AT-868 (no ID, no talkeralias)

From RF side to STFU (it work fine)

See attached pictures, but it's really not easy to debug

73
Toufik, F0DEI


f0dei
 

Hi,

Debian running on a VPS server.

Linux vps-1111111 4.19.0-16-cloud-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19..181.1-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux

73
Toufik, F0DEI


Jorge (George)
 

Hi Steve

I have the STFU connected to the master, accept the change of TG's, I listen perfectly to the communications, the problem arises when TX, the stfu sends the selected TG but without defining the type of call, whether group,  private or any other, results in a code 34 on the side of the BM dashboard (unknow type). Another strange point, I appear without the information of the sender, repeater ID even though in DVSwitch.ini it has the ID + ESID.

Can you check where is the mistake.

 

dvswicth

[STFU]                          ; Brandmeister Open DMR Terminal (ODMRT) Protocol

BMAddress = bm2682.brandmeister.pt   ; Brandmeister ODMRT server address

BMPort = 54006                  ; Brandmeister ODMRT port

BMPassword = xxxxxxx         ; Your Brandmeister password

Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)

txPort  = 36100                 ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)

rxPort  = 36103                 ; Port to listen on (import)

UserID  = 268300701             ; Your DMR ID + SSID

TalkerAlias = CT1JIB Jorge      ; Max 27 characters

StartTG = 915                   ; Startup talk group

LogLevel = 1                    ; STFU log level (0=No logging, 1=Debug, 2=Message, 3=Info, 4=Warning, 5=Error)

 

 

 


Steve N4IRS
 

Jorge,
There is nothing wrong with your configuration. BM in their infinite wisdom, had made a change to ODMRTP without notification. We will be putting out an update soon.

Steve N4IRS

On 4/24/21 2:17 PM, Jorge (George) wrote:

Hi Steve

I have the STFU connected to the master, accept the change of TG's, I listen perfectly to the communications, the problem arises when TX, the stfu sends the selected TG but without defining the type of call, whether group,  private or any other, results in a code 34 on the side of the BM dashboard (unknow type). Another strange point, I appear without the information of the sender, repeater ID even though in DVSwitch.ini it has the ID + ESID.

Can you check where is the mistake.

 

dvswicth

[STFU]                          ; Brandmeister Open DMR Terminal (ODMRT) Protocol

BMAddress = bm2682.brandmeister.pt   ; Brandmeister ODMRT server address

BMPort = 54006                  ; Brandmeister ODMRT port

BMPassword = xxxxxxx         ; Your Brandmeister password

Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)

txPort  = 36100                 ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)

rxPort  = 36103                 ; Port to listen on (import)

UserID  = 268300701             ; Your DMR ID + SSID

TalkerAlias = CT1JIB Jorge      ; Max 27 characters

StartTG = 915                   ; Startup talk group

LogLevel = 1                    ; STFU log level (0=No logging, 1=Debug, 2=Message, 3=Info, 4=Warning, 5=Error)

 

 

 



Jorge (George)
 

Thanks, i'll wait


Jorge (George)
 

Hello Steve
 
I found another problem in the STFU, every night at 00:00:50 the STFU stops. After an investigation I found out that the 'reload' unity does not work by killing the service.
 
At the moment it is resolved but stay here for your attention
 
ty