Topics

Strange announcement after each keyup after about a day of running

Chris WB4ULK

I have my ASL to DMR server running, but have noticed that after about a day of it being on line, I get some announcement each time someone unkeys. Can't make out what she is saying. I have heard it on 2 other nodes as well. When they connect in to me theirs does the same thing.
I had to shut mine down until I figure out what the heck it is.
Has anyone else seen this behavior and were you able to straighten it out?

Chris

wayne kh6in

i had that happen the other day, tracked it to someone sneaking in on the default ports.  changed 4569 to another port number and secured my firewall better

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 4:59 PM, Chris WB4ULK via Groups.Io <chood73@...> wrote:
I have my ASL to DMR server running, but have noticed that after about a day of it being on line, I get some announcement each time someone unkeys. Can't make out what she is saying. I have heard it on 2 other nodes as well. When they connect in to me theirs does the same thing.
I had to shut mine down until I figure out what the heck it is.
Has anyone else seen this behavior and were you able to straighten it out?

Chris

Mike KB8JNM

I think what you are referring to is a message on BM side of the DMR.

I don't believe it to be any error on your part or that you have control over.

...mike/kb8jnm

On 7/1/2018 10:59 PM, Chris WB4ULK via Groups.Io wrote:
I have my ASL to DMR server running, but have noticed that after about a day of it being on line, I get some announcement each time someone unkeys. Can't make out what she is saying. I have heard it on 2 other nodes as well. When they connect in to me theirs does the same thing.
I had to shut mine down until I figure out what the heck it is.
Has anyone else seen this behavior and were you able to straighten it out?

Chris

Chris WB4ULK

I only hear it on the Allstar side and it happens on every keyup. As soon as someone unkeys, the node drops and then keys back up again and says something. Can't figure out what that something is.
It doesn't start happening until the node has been on line for a little less than 24 hrs

Mike KB8JNM

Be sure you are not logged in on two device in the same ID #.

If you have appended your ID as-per instructions in the DVswitch how-2.

You may also want to go to BM and flush the static TG's

I guess what I'm saying is to double check your stuff and not worry about it.

I have had the same and it goes away. But I did have some ID typo's.

Also had a bunch of junk collected in the static TG's I didn't put there.

But I am not sure what causes it. I believe the voice is in German.

...mike/kb8jnm

On 7/1/2018 11:25 PM, Chris WB4ULK via Groups.Io wrote:
I only hear it on the Allstar side and it happens on every keyup. As soon as someone unkeys, the node drops and then keys back up again and says something. Can't figure out what that something is.
It doesn't start happening until the node has been on line for a little less than 24 hrs

Chris WB4ULK

How do I find the new how to?
I know it was posted last month. I remember seeing the post. I did a search for HOW TO and can't seem to find it.
I am going to read through it and see if there is anything different in my setup

Chris

Mike KB8JNM

On 7/1/2018 11:50 PM, Chris WB4ULK via Groups.Io wrote:
How do I find the new how to?
I know it was posted last month. I remember seeing the post. I did a search for HOW TO and can't seem to find it.
I am going to read through it and see if there is anything different in my setup

Chris

Chris WB4ULK

Thanks.
I went through and see that I didn't have a firm grasp of the ID usage with appending an SSID on my DMR ID.
I made the appropriate changes and I will see if that fixes my issue.

I didn't make an additional node stanza like he did, as this node's sole purpose is to be a bridge node, so the additional stanza seems to be redundant.

I will post back to this thread with the results, so if that was my problem, others will see my solution for my particular problem.

Maybe I will get it licked.

Thanks,
Chris

Jeff Lehman, KC8QCH

More than likely the message is saying “Blocked”. The Master servers are running a piece of software called loopban that will lock your ID for about an hour or so if it presents more then so many key ups that are under 2 seconds. After an hour of no activity it will go away (you have to shut down the bridge we have found). There is a way around it by changing some settings. Here are the settings that were changed that I know of to make the bridge work for our group:

With this in mind I went into the MMDVM_Bridge settings and made a couple of adjustments to the settings:

[General]

RFModeHang=0 . changed to 10

NetModeHang=0, changed to 3

[DMR]

CallHang=0, changed to 3

TXHang=0, changed to 3

My thought process here is that if the 2 second mark is key, just make all TX's at least 2 secs.

This change was made on our bridge back at the end of May and we are not having any problems with being blocked. YMMV

  Jeff

I went through and see that I didn't have a firm grasp of the ID usage with appending an SSID on my DMR ID.
I made the appropriate changes and I will see if that fixes my issue.

I didn't make an additional node stanza like he did, as this node's sole purpose is to be a bridge node, so the additional stanza seems to be redundant.

I will post back to this thread with the results, so if that was my problem, others will see my solution for my particular problem.

Maybe I will get it licked.

Thanks,
Chris

Mike KB8JNM

The ASL node you attach this to needs to have those same settings as you see in the HOW2 !!!

This is why it is a separate node.

If not, you will be creating problems you can not see or hear but making many angry and if they figure out who it is...

Your going to get more than a tongue lashing !.

You have been warned ... LOL

...mike/kb8jnm

On 7/2/2018 12:28 AM, Chris WB4ULK via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks.
I went through and see that I didn't have a firm grasp of the ID usage with appending an SSID on my DMR ID.
I made the appropriate changes and I will see if that fixes my issue.

I didn't make an additional node stanza like he did, as this node's sole purpose is to be a bridge node, so the additional stanza seems to be redundant.

I will post back to this thread with the results, so if that was my problem, others will see my solution for my particular problem.

Maybe I will get it licked.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris WB4ULK

Yeah, the TG, the repeaters and the nodes that are in the network all belong to me. If there is any Tongue lashing, I will be giving it to myself. LOL

Chris WB4ULK

I bet that "Blocked" is exactly what was going on. I will go change those as well.

Thanks a lot for that!

Chris

Chris WB4ULK

Hmmm. Those settings are not in my MMDVM_Bridge or Analog_Bridge.Did you ADD those to the stanza?

Chris

Jeff Lehman, KC8QCH

That I am not sure about. I would have to ask the person that made the change. He made the change and sent us the email. Lemme check with him and get back with you.

     Jeff