Topics

Switch Between BM and TGIF

Tom Corcoran

Right now, I change address in MB to switch DMR networks. Is there any way to use a macro to the same function?
--
Tx ... Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

Pretty much like you change modes. Build two MMDVM.ini One for BM and one for TGIF. have the script copy the BM or TGIF version over the running MMDVM_Bridge.ini and restart MMDVM_Bridge.

On 10/13/19 9:10 AM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Right now, I change address in MB to switch DMR networks. Is there any way to use a macro to the same function?
--
Tx ... Tom VE3NY

Ke4tlc

Edited

Would I rename the copies to MMDVM1.ini & MMDVM2.ini.  Can you explain how i modify the
 script to copy the BM or TGIF version over the running MMDVM_Bridge.ini and restart MMDVM_Bridge.

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

I would have 3 ini files sitting there. MMDVM_Bridge.ini, MMDVM_Bridge_BM.ini and MMDVM_Bridge_TGIF.ini

then I would have 2 scripts BM_chng.sh and TGIF_chng.sh

BM_chng.sh

#! /bin/bash

cp MMDVM_Bridge_BM.ini MMDVM_Bridge.ini
service mmdvm_bridge restart

TGIF_Chng.sh

#! /bin/bash

cp MMDVM_Bridge_TGIF.ini MMDVM_Bridge.ini
service mmdvm_bridge restart

Set 2 macros or something to fire those scripts and you would be good to go.

On 11/22/19 8:06 AM, Ke4tlc wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Would I rename the copies to MMDVM1.ini & MMDVM2.ini.  Can you explain how i modify the
 script to copy the BM or TGIF version over the running MMDVM_Bridge.ini and restart MMDVM_Bridge.
--
Jeff Lehman, N8ACL
E-mail: N8ACL@...
Hamshack Hotline: 4218

Webmaster
Hamilton County ARPSC
http://www.hamcoarpsc.org
E-mail: info@...
Phone: 513-452-6480

Ke4tlc

Thanks Jeff.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019, 8:30 AM Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via Groups.Io <n8acl=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Hello Jeff,

All files have copied nicely, however, would you please help me up the learning curve ... what would a sample script look like to move from BM to TGIF?

tnx
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Sorry, should have stated question differently ... what would a macro look like to "fire" change routine?

tnx ...Tom VE3NY

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

That I don’t know. I don’t run the mobile app so you would have to look and see how to customize macros.

On Nov 23, 2019, at 17:10, Tom Corcoran <tcorcoran@...> wrote:

Sorry, should have stated question differently ... what would a macro look like to "fire" change routine?

tnx ...Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

I can make the transition back and forth between BM and TGIF from a command line ... but don't know how to do through a macro. Advice?
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

The top of Analog_Bridge.ini will contain a pointer to a include file. That include file will contain your macros. Add custom macros to that include file.

Steve N4IRS

Tom Corcoran

Hello Steve,

This is the way the top of the Analog_Bridge.ini file looks now. Correct? If so, I'm not sure what to do next to invoke the procedure. I've used the format suggested by N8ACL.

I thought I would be doing something with the BM_chng.sh and TGIF_chng.sh files??

include = dvsm.ini
include = asl.ini
include = MMDVM_Bridge_TGIF.ini
include = MMDVM_Bridge_BM.ini

--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

No,
You want to look in dvsm.ini You don't HAVE to use a separate include file. It's about the contents of dvsm.ini

Steve

On 11/25/2019 2:01 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Hello Steve,

This is the way the top of the Analog_Bridge.ini file looks now. Correct? If so, I'm not sure what to do next to invoke the procedure. I've used the format suggested by N8ACL.

I thought I would be doing something with the BM_chng.sh and TGIF_chng.sh files??

include = dvsm.ini
include = asl.ini
include = MMDVM_Bridge_TGIF.ini
include = MMDVM_Bridge_BM.ini

--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Here's what I've added to dvsm.ini

DMR = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh dmr.ini
DSTAR = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh dstar.ini
NXDN = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh nxdn.ini
P25 = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh p25.ini
YSF = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh ysf.ini
TGIF = /opt/Analog_Bridge/TGIF_Chng.sh    ; added new
BM = /opt/Analog_Bridge/BM_Chng.sh          ; added new

Look correct? If so, should I expect to see the TGIF and BM options displayed in "Mode Select"? If not, where/how to I invoke processes?

tnx ... Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

You will need to use numbers. Example:
13=your bm script
24=your TGIF script.
Then to trigger, dial ,*13 or *24

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

DMR = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh dmr.ini
DSTAR = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh dstar.ini
NXDN = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh nxdn.ini
P25 = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh p25.ini
YSF = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh ysf.ini
TGIF = /opt/Analog_Bridge/TGIF_Chng.sh    ; added new
BM = /opt/Analog_Bridge/BM_Chng.sh          ; added new

Look correct? If so, should I expect to see the TGIF and BM options displayed in "Mode Select"? If not, where/how to I invoke processes?

tnx ... Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

I have tried both

13 = BM_Chng.sh
24 = TGIF_Chng.sh

and

*13#BM_Chng.sh
*24#TGIF_Chng.sh

dialed with *13 and *24

no change in state. I'm pretty sure that the scripts are correct since I can make the network change using the command line to invoke the scripts.
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

It will be
13 = /full/path/to/your/script.sh
45 = /full/path/to/your/stuff.sh

Then dial *13 or *45

Watch the Analog_Bridge log for what is happening.

On 11/25/19 4:59 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
I have tried both

13 = BM_Chng.sh
24 = TGIF_Chng.sh

and

*13#BM_Chng.sh
*24#TGIF_Chng.sh

dialed with *13 and *24

no change in state. I'm pretty sure that the scripts are correct since I can make the network change using the command line to invoke the scripts.
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Hmmm...

added last two lines to dvsm.ini
and dialed *13 and *14 ... no change in network.

DMR = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh dmr.ini
DSTAR = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh dstar.ini
NXDN = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh nxdn.ini
P25 = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh p25.ini
YSF = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh ysf.ini
13 = /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/TGIF_Chng.sh
14 = /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/BM_Chng.sh

drawing blanks. please remind me where analog log is located.... tnx ...Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

And... What does Analog_Bridge.log tell you?

On 11/25/19 10:52 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Hmmm...

added last two lines to dvsm.ini
and dialed *13 and *14 ... no change in network.

DMR = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh dmr.ini
DSTAR = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh dstar.ini
NXDN = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh nxdn.ini
P25 = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh p25.ini
YSF = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh ysf.ini
13 = /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/TGIF_Chng.sh
14 = /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/BM_Chng.sh

drawing blanks. please remind me where analog log is located.... tnx ...Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

Also, did you restart Analog_Bridge?

On 11/25/19 10:52 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Hmmm...

added last two lines to dvsm.ini
and dialed *13 and *14 ... no change in network.

DMR = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh dmr.ini
DSTAR = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh dstar.ini
NXDN = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh nxdn.ini
P25 = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh p25.ini
YSF = /opt/Analog_Bridge/analog_bridge.sh ysf.ini
13 = /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/TGIF_Chng.sh
14 = /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/BM_Chng.sh

drawing blanks. please remind me where analog log is located.... tnx ...Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

here is dump of analog log
--
Tom VE3NY