TAIT TB8100 DMR Conversion?

Chris K7AZ

Just got confirmation the Club's  UHF Tait is a TB8100.

Has anyone tackled conversion to DMR?  Club has two hilltops to deploy these on so itching to convert them ASAP.

Thanks,
Chris K7AZ

Veijo Arponen OH4VA

Yes, RB STM32 DVM + RPi 3 running Pi-star. Currently our TB-8100 is controlled by SvxLink.

DMR_DELAY parameter need to set to value 80. I'll check that and other parameters later.

73 de Veijo OH4VA

ti 18. toukok. 2021 klo 16.51 Chris K7AZ via groups.io <kilo7alphazulu=verizon.net@groups.io> kirjoitti:

Just got confirmation the Club's  UHF Tait is a TB8100.

Has anyone tackled conversion to DMR?  Club has two hilltops to deploy these on so itching to convert them ASAP.

Thanks,
Chris K7AZ

Veijo Arponen OH4VA

Attached is the configuration I used with the Tait TB8100 repeater.
The most important part is the Modem section.
The DMRDelay parameter value is 90.

[Modem]
Port=/dev/ttyAMA0
TXInvert=1
RXInvert=1
PTTInvert=0
TXDelay=100
RXOffset=0
TXOffset=0
DMRDelay=90
RXLevel=100
TXLevel=50
RXDCOffset=0
TXDCOffset=0
RFLevel=100
CWIdTXLevel=50
D-StarTXLevel=50
DMRTXLevel=50
YSFTXLevel=50
P25TXLevel=50
NXDNTXLevel=50
POCSAGTXLevel=50
RSSIMappingFile=/usr/local/etc/RSSI.dat
Trace=0
Debug=0
FMTXLevel=50
UseCOSAsLockout=0

73 de Veijo OH4VA

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 5:39 PM Veijo Arponen OH4VA via groups.io
<oh3nfc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yes, RB STM32 DVM + RPi 3 running Pi-star. Currently our TB-8100 is controlled by SvxLink.

DMR_DELAY parameter need to set to value 80. I'll check that and other parameters later.

73 de Veijo OH4VA

ti 18. toukok. 2021 klo 16.51 Chris K7AZ via groups.io <kilo7alphazulu=verizon.net@groups.io> kirjoitti:

Just got confirmation the Club's UHF Tait is a TB8100.

Has anyone tackled conversion to DMR? Club has two hilltops to deploy these on so itching to convert them ASAP.

Thanks,
Chris K7AZ

William Franzin (VE4VR)

Have a look at repeater-builder in Groups.io: https://groups.io/g/repeater-builder/message/179455

William
VE4VR

Chris K7AZ

I assume the RX audio pin 3 AC coupled is used but is that raw or unsquelched audio?

Thanks,
Chris K7AZ

From: "William Franzin (VE4VR)" <wfranzin@gmail.com>
Date: 5/18/21 08:16 (GMT-08:00)
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io

Have a look at repeater-builder in Groups.io: https://groups.io/g/repeater-builder/message/179455

William
VE4VR

Chris K7AZ

Hi Veijo,
Thanks for the info.
Is the attached config for Tait load?  I haven't fired up the programming software yet.
Chris K7AZ

<kilo7alphazulu@...> wrote:

> I assume the RX audio pin 3 AC coupled is used but is that raw or unsquelched audio?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris K7AZ

Veijo Arponen OH4VA

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 5:45 AM Chris K7AZ via groups.io
<kilo7alphazulu=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Veijo,
Thanks for the info.
Is the attached config for Tait load? I haven't fired up the programming software yet.
Chris K7AZ
Chris,

Yes, the config file is for TB8100 Service Kit.

73 de Veijo